2023 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

1 minute ago, Tim Streets tache said:

They've just bent over and shown Beaumont their anus' haven't they.... taking a leaf from the back of the prototype shirt design.

Heads would roll at most clubs.

Leigh fans seem to think other clubs are jealous of Beaumont like he is some sort of genius billionaire. Most other owners of SL clubs dwarf his wealth.

Totally agree with your last paragraph, there is a bit of ‘he’s rich so can’t be wrong’ going on.

Anyway hope this thread doesn’t get locked like all the others discussing it

• Like 3

15 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Right, assuming the Leigh Leopards new women's team is having the same jerseys.

Is it just me or do those red dot eyes have the potential to look *really* dodgy?

Bild

Hope the main sponsor gets a discount for their logo being invisible.........poor old Ellgren having to deal with all this.........they've clearly had zero input on the design based on how nice all their other kits are.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

2 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

I can understand the idea of a rebrand (not keen on the leopards name but it's not my club so not bothered with the name) but it needs to be done professionally, they have just entered the top flight of the sport with a decent squad but it's just ended up with them looking tin pot and with an owner who is using it as his own personal play thing.

Name, Logo, Presentation and relaunch aside, the kit is just absolutely atrocious with zero design thought gone into it, fine use a leopard, or the spots but at least try and make it look professional and not a stock photo of a jaguar/leopard just plonked on the front

Agree completely. I'm not bothered by the name, not even bothered by the badge, as bad as it is. But I'm not really a target for this rebrand, I'll be there next season to watch the rugby.

But the shirt. Wow. I am within the target demographic, albeit it's quite a broad one, of people that are likely to buy a shirt. And there's not a chance in hell I'd be seen wearing that abomination. I even find the red trim annoying, you're either changing the colours or you're not. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

And the new explanation that Wigan are more known for those colours than Leigh!

I know right? I thought that was hilarious.

Actually creating a PowerPoint slide saying "There's two clubs in Wigan, with the same kit, and unfortunately after 120 years nobody knows who were are" is a refreshingly honest approach to re-positioning yourself in a competitive marketplace, you've got to give him that. 🤣

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

5 hours ago, Tim Streets tache said:

They've just bent over and shown Beaumont their anus' haven't they.... taking a leaf from the back of the prototype shirt design.

Leigh fans seem to think other clubs are jealous of Beaumont like he is some sort of genius billionaire. Most other owners of SL clubs dwarf his wealth.

Derek is cash rich which makes funding easier, he is as mad as a box of frogs but has a huge heart and a desire to leave a positive legacy at the club.

if we can stay up then we will have a very solid club in a couple of years

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Derek is cash rich which makes funding easier, he is as mad as a box of frogs but has a huge heart and a desire to leave a positive legacy at the club.

if we can stay up then we will have a very solid club in a couple of years

He comes across as the very definition of ‘money doesn’t buy class’ 

He should have spent some of that Cash on a branding and marketing consultancy.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Is this a fact like how many season tickets Fev have sold?

Fact, that company still sponsors Saints and we spent about £600k pa with them. I trust that they tip more in 8/9 years later.

Twitter post 26/9 stating 500 free under 16’s Bluewall memberships taken up, then another a few weeks later stating 750. Total Bluewall over 1000- make of that what you will

6 hours ago, Tim Streets tache said:

No , what we like ( most of us ) is that despite not being massively wealthy in comparison , Derek is willing to put a large chunk of that wealth into our club , probably % wise a lot more than most of not all the others , he is what he is , a fan , like us , not perfect , but he's ours , unlike the rest of the geniuses that run RL in the UK 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Totally agree with your last paragraph, there is a bit of ‘he’s rich so can’t be wrong’ going on.

Anyway hope this thread doesn’t get locked like all the others discussing it

I'm just amazed it doesn't have its own thread , I've only just found it , get it sorted next time 

4 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I know right? I thought that was hilarious.

Actually creating a PowerPoint slide saying "There's two clubs in Wigan, with the same kit, and unfortunately after 120 years nobody knows who were are" is a refreshingly honest approach to re-positioning yourself in a competitive marketplace, you've got to give him that. 🤣

I do have to admit I'd got fed up with being asked about Wigan while wearing a Leigh shirt outside of Leigh itself , and no , I won't be wearing a Leopard 😂

17 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Its different isn't it. Tend to find that you have to see these types of designs in the flesh to decide if you like them or not.

Main sponsor’s logos blended into the shirt as many seem to want and same sponsor’s colours used

Fair to say it has split opinion. No confusing animals though in the design

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

He comes across as the very definition of ‘money doesn’t buy class’ 

He should have spent some of that Cash on a branding and marketing consultancy.

He doesn’t need class, he’s trying to make a success of his local rugby league club by pouring millions of his own money in, yet he gets repeatedly sneered at by RL fans. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

yet he gets repeatedly sneered at by RL fans. 

That would be because of a jaguar's anus being a design feature on a shirt he presented at a brand relaunch.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

That would be because of a jaguar's anus being a design feature on a shirt he presented at a brand relaunch.

It’s not though is it, he’s been slated for years. He’s not particularly my cup of tea in the way he presents himself in public (he may be very different in private) but you can’t deny his enthusiasm for his local club and what he’s done for them; with five or six owners like him the game would be in a much better place. 

• Like 1

Just now, Eddie said:

with five or six owners like him the game would be in a much better place. 

But that's not true. Not remotely. He's been in charge at Leigh for a decade or so now. Are they bigger, more sustainable, or, in any way, massively improved since he took over?

My memory includes him lambasting his own fans for not being charitable enough and arbitrarily attempting to terminate the contracts of players. Amongst other times when the cashflow pipeline was threatened to be turned off.

No one doubts his passion. But I'd take a half dozen dull owners whose names we barely know but who get on with doing what's beneficial for their clubs than someone who uses his club's official twitter feed to get someone to explain that he knows what the difference between a jaguar and a leopard is.

• Like 7

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)