1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/10/22 at 14:00

30 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Contingency plan for the stadium pa which I presume is done by same people for football? Like move to another stadium I mean come on. 

More importantly, 1.6 million is great and should only grow as we move through.

Contingency could be in the form of delayed kickoff (common in sport despite scheduling challenges), or things moved to half time. 

I don't really understand the non-existent half time entertainment. Literally no dancers, kids playing rugby etc. 

Slight tangent after a thousand beers and some reflection. Want to highlight Chris Hill and how good he is. I've always liked him, he's a really smart footballer, a big body and technically excellent but I'm embarrassed to say I was one of those who was underwhelmed by his selection in the squad and in the team. Ridiculous really, he's only 34, had a great season and it's not like he was reliant on pace to be a good player previously. Really top level front rower and glad he made me feel stupid.

• Like 8

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Hey everyone, 

first time poster here. Just wanted to say England were fantastic yesterday. As someone who’s not from an RL heartland (Dorset), the viewing figures and new fans in the stadium are great news. 

Would be nice to see a hard concerted effort to build the game down here. 😊

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Wendigo7 said:

Hey everyone, 

first time poster here. Just wanted to say England were fantastic yesterday. As someone who’s not from an RL heartland (Dorset), the viewing figures and new fans in the stadium are great news. 

Welcome mate. 

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

1 hour ago, Wendigo7 said:

Hey everyone, 

Welcome aboard!! Not exactly the same but I’m from Manchester where, despite Salford, there’s not a huge presence. 

Having RL on free to air is huge to the game, it’s how I fell in love with Lee Briers and, from there, Warrington.

The community in rugby league is one of the best bits of getting in to the game, you’ll find a lot of good people on here and I’ve learnt a lot from these pages.

Starting to find my voice a bit more on here and really enjoying it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dave T said:

Contingency could be in the form of delayed kickoff (common in sport despite scheduling challenges), or things moved to half time. 

I don't really understand the non-existent half time entertainment. Literally no dancers, kids playing rugby etc. 

Yeah it’s weird. In 2013 at half time in every match, the pitch was invaded by junior teams playing and kids dancing, not exactly entertaining, but it helped make it seem like there was more happening than just the main match.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gingerjon said:

To be fair, he's had to develop a poker face for when English commentators say "Llanelli".

Llanelli isn't difficult to pronounce, one only needs to hear a Welsh person say it and do the same.

4 hours ago, Big Picture said:

Llanelli isn't difficult to pronounce, one only needs to hear a Welsh person say it and do the same.

My dad was from Wales and he taught me from my early days to pronounce the double L. Many who haven't been brought up to say it correctly can't get it. Maybe you have a good ear for sounds and pronunciation. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

22 hours ago, SydneyRoosters said:

I think people are being a bit harsh, I thought did fairly solid and posed no real issue However I would rather Ackers or to at least have Ackers in the 17. He brings energy and pace out of dummy half and would be especially effective in the late game. Him and McLlorum contrast each other really well and I’d be surprised if Ackers is not playing next week.

In what was a really good all round team performance the only one who stood out as being fairly poor was McIlorum. Offered nothing at all in attack from acting half and for someone who's game is based around defence he missed a shed load of tackles.

Wane will almost certainly change the team for France, but when it come to the next game that he picks his 1st choice the McIlorum is the one who should miss out for me.

• Like 2

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

2 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

In what was a really good all round team performance the only one who stood out as being fairly poor was McIlorum. Offered nothing at all in attack from acting half and for someone who's game is based around defence he missed a shed load of tackles.

Wane will almost certainly change the team for France, but when it come to the next game that he picks his 1st choice the McIlorum is the one who should miss out for me.

Thought Radley offered more at hooker in his 2nd spell than micky mac, although Wane will always pick for his own style I would start with Radley at 13 and Ackers at 9 and move Radley to cover 9 were needed in the game. 

• Like 1

On 16/10/2022 at 08:41, Davo5 said:

Still no sign of Mojo.

5B163964-90D3-418E-8F08-2D5BB62DE0AD.jpeg

I have just had a look at his profile.

LAST VISITED

Saturday at 14:28

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

9 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I have just had a look at his profile.

LAST VISITED

Saturday at 14:28

I`m racking my brain for anything significant that happened around that time on Saturday....now, whatever could that have been?

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Those Samoan wakes go on forever.

Are we convinced he's actually Samoan?🕵️ Anyone who's ever posted on RLFans must be aware of the likes of LeBron/Jean Capdouze/Ruune Rebellion/WarringtonWolves69 etc....

I mean they were/are well known for going walkies when forced to face the music....🤔

13 hours ago, Big Picture said:

Agreed.

Say "Luh" and blow a bit of air out at the same time and you've got thatg Ll sound.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"