1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Scotland by 1 to 6 points
    • Scotland by 7 to 12 points
    • Scotland by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/10/22 at 19:00

There’s a lot of criticism over this attendance in Coventry, but I think it’s a bit unfair to judge this soon. Let’s see how many Wasps RU get for their game next week and then start comparisons.

• Haha 3

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

These bloody Australian ref's. At 52-0 they still give their countrymen every decision. 

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Tippytoe said:

Most of those lads have jobs and taking time off to play so yeah your disrespectful you handle it Roosters 🐓 

It’s nothing against them personally. I just don’t get what sides like these offer to the World cup. The teams not Scottish (Bar a few guys born then but raised in England and Lewis Clarke). The team gets battered every week and offer absolutely nothing to the tournament. Not to mention they have no fans and no following.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Welshleaguelover said:

If you're planning long term then we could definitely have a Glasgow team in the super league.

The demographic of Glasgow fits the general demographic of rugby league.

The big issue is where would they play and also how are we gonna develop Scottish players that have a link to the community?

West of Glasgow you could have Dumbarton or even Scotstoun. East of Glasgow the one in Cumbernauld could be alright. 

I have no idea about development as where I am, the Union and Cricket club is on its backside. 

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

That seals it 

Over to Jon Wells for the game breaking moment.

• Haha 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, Londonbornirishbred said:

This is painful to watch. I feel for Scotland, but more so the casual spectators on TV.

I suspect England will stick 50+ on France and New Zealand 100+ on Jamaica and that's far more worrying than the banks of empty seats. 

I think France will turn up tomorrow. England will win but won't be a full on blowout and Jamaica will do better than Scotland have tonight. Obviously NZ will still win by 50/60

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

This is pathetic, it's a good reason why there should be only 8 teams contesting the finals series, bring the minnows together first and have the best two to join the the highest ranked 6 world teams in an 8 team league and play off comp.

Not sure about the numbers / proportions that would suit league best, but that's similar to what cricket World Cup is doing at the moment. 2 groups of 4 in qualifying as first part of main tournament, to see which 4 (2 from each group) join the top 8 nations in the competition's later stages. Seems to be working OK, giving smaller nations a chance, involving them at the main venue and avoiding the biggest mismatches.

3 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

It’s nothing against them personally. I just don’t get what sides like these offer to the World cup. The teams not Scottish (Bar a few guys born then but raised in England and Lewis Clarke). The team gets battered every week and offer absolutely nothing to the tournament. Not to mention they have no fans and no following.

Not to mention a big part of union fans constantly bagging the tournament.

Just now, Welshleaguelover said:

I think France will turn up tomorrow. England will win but won't be a full on blowout and Jamaica will do better than Scotland have tonight. Obviously NZ will still win by 50/60

NZ will get 80-100 depending on how seriously they take it. 

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

7 minutes ago, Welshleaguelover said:

If you're planning long term then we could definitely have a Glasgow team in the super league.

The demographic of Glasgow fits the general demographic of rugby league.

The big issue is where would they play and also how are we gonna develop Scottish players that have a link to the community?

The century-plus established Scottish Rugby Union with friends in high places can barely keep a domestic professional competition off life support.

I say let the RL grass roots find a footing if they can, and be as helpful to them as possible when it'll be most effective.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Welshleaguelover said:

Jamaica will have more passion than these Aussie rejects

• Like 1