1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/10/22 at 16:30

23 minutes ago, Stuff Smith said:

England v Australia: Aussie referee, Aussie VR.

It's like it's written in stone.

We need to start applying the pressure now to ensure that doesn't happen. Not on the presumption we'll make the final but just on the hypothetical. It would be so depressing (and predictable) to get an Aussie ref, whether against Aus or NZ. We've had more than our share and we need to be clear that it won't be acceptable.

(Not so sure we'd get an Aussie video ref; they often allow us an English one to keep us quiet)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Spidey said:

How long does it take to get off this Car Park 🤦🏼‍♂️

Oh God, brings back some dismal memories from 2000. That ground has always been a horror show to get away from.

• Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

9 minutes ago, north yorks trinity said:

We need to start applying the pressure now to ensure that doesn't happen. Not on the presumption we'll make the final but just on the hypothetical. It would be so depressing (and predictable) to get an Aussie ref, whether against Aus or NZ. We've had more than our share and we need to be clear that it won't be acceptable.

(Not so sure we'd get an Aussie video ref; they often allow us an English one to keep us quiet)

I wouldn't want an English referee either.

Because I don't trust them: they'll "show their neutrality" by continuously favouring Australia.

I want a neutral referee. Pity there aren't any French ones.

Edited by Stuff Smith
  • Like 3

Just now, Stuff Smith said:

Pity there aren't any French ones.

Well there is.

• Thanks 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

21 minutes ago, Leonard said:

The last two games vs France would have been more interesting if they turned up and weren't 20 down early doors.

Credit for them hanging in during both though.

TBF how often can you say that about the underdogs (and writing as a Wakey fan I can answer: plenty)! Good sides have a habit of putting early points on.

2 minutes ago, Stuff Smith said:

Awesome! (I'm an ignorant man.)

Do you think they'll get the gig?

Not sure, he made a few errors in the Jamaica-Ireland game.

25 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Solid enough performance by England but if I were French I'd feel pretty annoyed with the try off two obstructions and a forward pass that took the pressure off at the beginning of the 2nd half.

And indeed with the weird way in which Hicks decided that last try was a knock on off one look when it looked ok to me (and was certainly worth another viewing). 

Ultimately France couldn't get enough territory and England's forwards just had too much dominance. Kicking game was very good too.

I assume you're referring to the Bateman pass to Whitehead for the try early in second half? Look at it again, I don't think it was actually forward (although I did at first) 

• Like 3

Reasonably happy with it. I think it was always going to be tough to back up last week with another really clinical display. I’d probably give the French plenty of credit tbh. They could’ve wilted at 18-0 but stuck at it and made us work. I want to see more of the fixture, rather than playing make belief games against a quarter strength all stars team. 

In terms of anybody really sticking their hand up for England, I thought Ackers did well and I’d like that change up from the bench. I was a bit low down in the stadium and might’ve got the wrong impression but I was hoping for a bit more from Oledzki. He did ok but I didn’t feel like he made a massive case for keeping a spot in the knocks outs. 

2 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

I assume you're referring to the Bateman pass to Whitehead for the try early in second half? Look at it again, I don't think it was actually forward (although I did at first) 

It really was. And as I say Bateman had gained an advantage from running behind two of his own men before he even passed it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bearman said:

I called in a spoons on Wednesday. 

Ruddles £1.49p a pint!!!

was in "the moon" in wigan last night £1.68 for a double bells and lemonade!

• Like 1

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

8 minutes ago, north yorks trinity said:

Was it Russell Smith who reffed like they were after an NRL gig? (Apologies if I got the wrong guy!)

I'm old enough to remember Billy Thompson in 1977.

• Haha 1

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

58 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

You are joking, its Tomkins, Williams and Welsby all day long. 

Yep, have to have welsby with Williams first choice and to.kins full back.

Still syned started well but didn't last and not sure defensively.

Apart from Hall I don't think any of the changes threaten the team that played Samoa.

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Honest from Wane . Comments are not based solely on this game but in context of potential future games . Some sloppiness and lapses will be costly , but what we do well is also very encouraging 

Yep, it is also were on field leadership comes in...to help refocus minds as it was mainly discipline as in set restarts.

54 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Oh God, brings back some dismal memories from 2000. That ground has always been a horror show to get away from.

There is a Catholic school about 10mins walk just north of the stadium that charges £5, I was pleasantly surprised getting out, turned left, took the road via Rivington to Chorley, back in Lytham in under an hour.

Great being at the match though, my first international and France made a fist of it. I'm glad Eloi is one of the players staying at TO next season

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Good enjoyable game and a good atmosphere today 

Car park a nightmare though. What were they thinking of when they designed that