Why can't we discuss Leighs rebrand? (Merged Threads)

5 minutes ago, burningmuscles said:

I think it is a bit rich to take the mick about Leigh's rebrand when the majority of Super League teams have daft non-native animal nicknames.

Fans of only St Helens, Hull KR, Hull FC* and Wakefield Trinity* are allowed to mock.

Wolves, Giants, Warriors, and other "cartoon mascot" teams - should be laughing at their own cultural vandalism of their own histories.

* Sharks & Wildcats RIP.

It’s not the name people are taking the mick out of.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RP London said:

I think you’ve missed the fact most people don’t mind that, it’s everything else, “the how” that is where the issue (and joke) is…. Oh and the anus on the shirt!

Gutted they got rid of the anus, would have been pretty glorious to hear Degsy’s South African mate explain why it is a leopard’s anus not a jaguar’s.

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, burningmuscles said:

Yes, the whole rebrand is very tacky, and lame in all respects to sporting dignity.

But you can't really say having a cartoon rhino on a badge with steam coming out of its nose is a million miles away.

Rhinos name is pretty poor and the badge is certainly dated, however the professional way Leeds have marketed it and continue to market the brand is actually a million miles away.

Haven't you all been busy while I've been earning a crust , yes I reported the thread , because much like we usually see it wasn't just the rebrand that was becoming the point of humour ( as some seem to think it was ) but other parts of the clubs operations 

Now some have suggested they were seeking information ? , No they weren't , it had descended into the usual everything at Leigh ' bashing ' , no idea why but certain posters just don't like the club , despite knowing essentially nothing about it , but that's the way they are 

Anyway I won't be reporting anybody for anything on here , the thread title is simple enough , feel free to make whatever criticism you want , I quite often have fun at other clubs expense , but usually include humour in it as unlike some I accept that no club is perfect , many would like to perform better but life tells me that isn't always possible 

But ultimately it's just sport , it really isn't important 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Haven't you all been busy while I've been earning a crust , yes I reported the thread , because much like we usually see it wasn't just the rebrand that was becoming the point of humour ( as some seem to think it was ) but other parts of the clubs operations 

Now some have suggested they were seeking information ? , No they weren't , it had descended into the usual everything at Leigh ' bashing ' , no idea why but certain posters just don't like the club , despite knowing essentially nothing about it , but that's the way they are 

Anyway I won't be reporting anybody for anything on here , the thread title is simple enough , feel free to make whatever criticism you want , I quite often have fun at other clubs expense , but usually include humour in it as unlike some I accept that no club is perfect , many would like to perform better but life tells me that isn't always possible 

Reign your neck in. I was asking purely for information, we have an indoor market in Sheffield and I would love it if Eagles got a stall there… I didn’t know whether Leigh had one and so asked (and also said at the beginning that it was a genuine question and not a dig).. you decided to take it a slight and have a pop, that is all on you!

Leigh are in a better situation than Eagles, I can freely admit that (frankly you should be).. I would love Eagles to have a stall at the Moor Indoor Market. 

you chose to take offence at a genuine question that was even prefaced as such, that is on you so give the wounded soldier routine a rest. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Can I ask Gubrats - what is reportable about that? 

I don't participate in Leigh bashing, and it may be tiresome, but the only actual offensive posts were your censored expletive strewn ones. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Yeah, the Rhinos has been a pretty fantastic success really

How can you say that? Huge city club drawing 12000 gates after great success and with massive Universities on its doorstep to milk??

Leeds are ###### poor as a success story based upon potential.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Considering how you post on here that's just embarrassingly pathetic, so thin skinned your almost transparent.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Now listen stop upsetting them all on here, I was starting to feel the love.😃

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Haven't you all been busy while I've been earning a crust

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

I don't participate in Leigh bashing

So, these are the two statements that jump out at me from this thread.

I know I am compelled now to search through these pages for hours and hours to find posts from GUBRATS made during working hours and posts from Dave T bashing Leigh.

I know that this has absolutely no value whatsoever.

And I know that it is a complete waste of my finite time on this planet. Time I could be using to be with the people I love doing joyful things.

But I know that I will do it anyway. 

Because this is the internet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I await threads slagging Huddersfield and Salford's crowds getting locked next year when that becomes tedious too.

From what I've read it's just plain mickey taking out of Leigh's rebrand, nothing particularly nasty about it, except from a few Leythers taking exception.

The same Leythers who are quite happy to dish mickey taking and more to other fans.

Very strange.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

So, these are the two statements that jump out at me from this thread.

I know I am compelled now to search through these pages for hours and hours to find posts from GUBRATS made during working hours and posts from Dave T bashing Leigh.

I know that this has absolutely no value whatsoever.

And I know that it is a complete waste of my finite time on this planet. Time I could be using to be with the people I love doing joyful things.

But I know that I will do it anyway. 

Because this is the internet. 

Nah, don't really have any kind of issue with Leigh in the slightest. Rather waste my energy on the likes of Saints! 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Nah, don't really have any kind of issue with Leigh in the slightest. Rather waste my energy on the likes of Saints! 

Although to be fair the more the attitude goes on the more I would understand if someone did have an issue.. 

I couldn't give a toss to be fair.. enough problems supporting Eagles and Warrington. 

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

How can you say that? Huge city club drawing 12000 gates after great success and with massive Universities on its doorstep to milk??

Leeds are ###### poor as a success story based upon potential.

Once again, certain Leigh fans can't engage in constructive discussion, and when they do, unprompted, they resort to expletives and criticism of others.

Yet obviously its everyone else that is the problem.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, RP London said:

Although to be fair the more the attitude goes on the more I would understand if someone did have an issue.. 

I couldn't give a toss to be fair.. enough problems supporting Eagles and Warrington. 

I actually like our Leigh posters, I disagree with many things that GUBRATS and Harry post, but I enjoy debating and discussing with them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I actually like our Leigh posters, I disagree with many things that GUBRATS and Harry post, but I enjoy debating and discussing with them. 

I've never been called sponging by Harry tbf, and when it comes to actual on field rugby, we do tend to actually agree!

26 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Once again, certain Leigh fans can't engage in constructive discussion, and when they do, unprompted, they resort to expletives and criticism of others.

Yet obviously its everyone else that is the problem.

I enjoy the sheeite posted by the worlds non producers and public purse spongers on here. The ones who don’t know reality and pontificate as experts

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, John Drake said:

Imagine being stuck in a pub surrounded by people who want to repeat the same joke over and over and over again, and still think it's hilarious even when you've heard it a thousand times, until you eventually crack and beg them to stop for the sake of your sanity.

Mmmmmmmm, stuck in a pub…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, dkw said:

Considering how you post on here that's just embarrassingly pathetic, so thin skinned your almost transparent.

Your one of the worst for sticking the boot into Leigh and considering the state of your club you should pipe down with embarrassment. Worst team to be in the championship since Chorley Lynx.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

I enjoy the sheeite posted by the worlds non producers and public purse spongers on here. The ones who don’t know reality and pontificate as experts

14 minutes ago, binosh said:

Your one of the worst for sticking the boot into Leigh and considering the state of your club you should pipe down with embarrassment. Worst team to be in the championship since Chorley Lynx.

Any more evidence needed of where the "problems" on these threads come from?

Edited by Tommygilf
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3