2023 New Kits - Part 2

1 hour ago, yanto said:

"However, JJB did operate its own brands, including 'Patrick' (menswear and football accessories), and 'Olympus' (womenswear and fitness accessories)."

from wiki so may be not be accurate.

Oh well, there you go. They must have.

I know Patrick have had new ownership in the last year or so, and are rebuilding.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, Damien said:

If only we could get international fixture announcements as often as new training ranges!

I think we get new governing bodies in the states as often as we get new England training gear

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

56 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Tbf the Hull KR Queensland inspired stuff did look nice.

This will look nice, but is still a bit silly and very Oxen.

Hull KR actually played Queensland so there was actually something in that. This is just Oxen bulls**t, which people take the mick out of them for. I await the King’s Coronation range with bated breath. 

8 hours ago, Jughead said:

Hull KR actually played Queensland so there was actually something in that. This is just Oxen bulls**t, which people take the mick out of them for. I await the King’s Coronation range with bated breath. 

Not just Oxen to be fair…..ISC did a SoO training range for Leeds a few years ago too. 

9 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

There was at least a reason for the Hull KR stuff.

The Leeds stuff is just getting silly.

The thing is, when you go to the club shop it’s getting like a jumble sale because they keep releasing tat it gets left unsold so there’s racks of them in a sale, they even had a pay a fiver lucky dip bin last time i went (how does that work with sizes?)

The other thing, the main players training range is teal, should be blue and amber as they wear them in all the social media posts, our colours are our brand.

rant over

• Like 2

Quick... Oxen have an easter sale on... act now or miss it 

(Seriously they have an easter sale on.. when was that ever a thing? And how does that differ from the sale I had an email about that wasn't an easter sale about a week ago??)

3 hours ago, RP London said:

Quick... Oxen have an easter sale on... act now or miss it 

(Seriously they have an easter sale on.. when was that ever a thing? And how does that differ from the sale I had an email about that wasn't an easter sale about a week ago??)

Went to have a look, they're not insane enough to put the 2023 training range on sale yet. Which is a shame actually because it's really nice stuff. Based on that I expect we might see a flash of red with the blue V, see how near to GB they go. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

On 07/04/2023 at 21:52, Tommygilf said:

Hull KR beat Queensland in a match 40 years ago, on a tour where they were otherwise unbeaten, in a game famous for Broadhurt's punch that turned the game. The kit this year has a point. This Leeds thing on the other hand is just totally random, really bizarre. They haven't even launched it when Origin is on. At least if you did that you could spin some "pick a side" angle out of it. 

"Hot off the press this week, Leeds launch their Grand National winners training kit, complete with two coconut halves for the sound effects. Buy it now at therhinos.co.uk/redrum"  

Edited by Hull Kingston Bronco
Typo

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

55 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

The "British Coal" ones look terrible because the sponsor is part of why those shirts are well remembered. Magaluf knock-offs!

How can they not use the logo when British Coal doesn't even exist anymore! Are we to believe the Coal Authority have maintained the copyright?

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

12 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

How can they not use the logo when British Coal doesn't even exist anymore! Are we to believe the Coal Authority have maintained the copyright?

It probably means that they can’t find someone to send them over the png file and so can’t be bothered with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

The "British Coal" ones look terrible because the sponsor is part of why those shirts are well remembered. Magaluf knock-offs!

the 1990 is passable as a training t shirt type thing.. 1996 passable as a general Rugby Shirt (though for me finish the chevrons if there is no sponsor) but the others are woeful without a sponsor as its a random block of colour in the middle of the shirt!

a couple of those could have been used (with a little less blue) for the England shirt and could have at least had some link to the past to use instead of "navy sells more" and "13 chevrons"

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

It probably means that they can’t find someone to send them over the png file and so can’t be bothered with it.

Wasnt it just Times New Roman written on with "British" being about 5pts smaller than "Coal"?