IMG Grading Unveiled

2 minutes ago, glossop saint said:

Bankruptcy or similar. 'Doing a Bradford'. Or Crusaders. Or many others, take your pick.

It doesn't read like that to me, it sounds like leave all clubs where they are unless a SL club implodes and needs to be replaced, so thanks for the clarification.

1 hour ago, Derwent Parker said:

No all it did by stopping it was protect the bottom of SL more

As I say it’s a dead duck, it didn’t work.

you might have enjoyed it bit it wasn’t in the best interests of the sport, you don’t devalue the top to benefit the bottom.

• Confused 1

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

It doesn't read like that to me, it sounds like leave all clubs where they are unless a SL club implodes and needs to be replaced, so thanks for the clarification.

Do you mean that is how you read the initial sentence? Apologies if that is the case. I want clubs to be able to move between divisions. But I want that based on a range of things that this proposal covers instead of purely on field performance.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Roughyed Rats said:

Can anyone explain why there isn’t the equivalent process of ‘places for grades’ between the Championship & League 1? As IMG are looking for a whole game solution to drive up standards, would it not at least show a consistency approach across all of the pro game?

There is. Every team will be graded.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Roughyed Rats said:

I know that Gav. My point is why does purely ‘on the pitch’ P&R remain between the Championship and League 1 and not the same criteria but shifted down a grade between B & C graded clubs?

Because there isn't much difference between bottom of the Champ and top of L1 in most of these factors. There's no need to make the Championship a licensed division (yet).

There are still minimum standards for the Championship of course, as your club well knows.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

you might have enjoyed it bit it wasn’t in the best interests of the sport, you don’t devalue the top to benefit the bottom.

And that is where the problem was, the product at the top has become so stale and boring that something simple like a relegation battle could take away from it. I mean the only way it devalues the top is because people may be inclined to get excited by it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Because there isn't much difference between bottom of the Champ and top of L1 in most of these factors. There's no need to make the Championship a licensed division (yet).

There are still minimum standards for the Championship of course, as your club well knows.

That makes little sense to me. They have set a very specific scoring criteria. Therefore why not fill the Championship up with Grade B teams. At least there would be a consistent whole game approach then.

1 minute ago, The Blues Ox said:

And that is where the problem was, the product at the top has become so stale and boring that something simple like a relegation battle could take away from it. I mean the only way it devalues the top is because people may be inclined to get excited by it?

But the middle 8s made the product at the top worse.

It meant we had the ‘top’ 8 basically in the playoffs.

Since its been scrapped we’ve had teams like Salford and Catalans in the final.

To grow the sport you make the top end better not worse.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Roughyed Rats said:

That makes little sense to me. They have set a very specific scoring criteria. Therefore why not fill the Championship up with Grade B teams. At least there would be a consistent whole game approach then.

I'd be ok with that if they did, however I understand why they haven't.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Before getting into SL you were a tin pot club in a sheeeeite ground , with many obnoxious fans , much like Leigh , no way on Earth would you have got a ' Licence/Franchise ' , you can pretend all you like , there's a reason you left Hull 

Are you sure they had MANY obnoxious fans?  Were they not pulling in the region of 1,500 when they were struggling in the championship.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

10 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Are you sure they had MANY obnoxious fans?  Were they not pulling in the region of 1,500 when they were struggling in the championship.

For a few one-off games. I was at them. But generally, no, Rovers were always one of the best supported clubs in the Championship with a loyal support base who stuck through the club, thick and thin.

Two of whom went on from the same terrace I stood on to build great companies, and spent all their spare money dragging the club back where it belongs. 

Doesn’t mean fans of clubs who got promoted can’t use their own judgement to see that there are better ways. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

45 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Was having a great chat last night in corporate at LSV with the IMG guy and the new Aussie investor. We are nailed on A, he was comparing the event with others he has attended whilst over and the gap was huge.

Chuckle as we have at the dodgy Leopards implementation (I liked the name, but just the launch of it that’s been amusing), but Derek has stepped up to the plate this season and really tried to put an event on. I’m sure most opposition fans respect the effort made. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

2 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Was having a great chat last night in corporate at LSV with the IMG guy and the new Aussie investor. We are nailed on A, he was comparing the event with others he has attended whilst over and the gap was huge.

No disrespect to the great start Leigh have made this year both on and off the pitch, but if Leigh are a 'nailed on A' then the bar is too low.

For me, Leigh and the two Hull clubs should be in the 'aspiring for an A' category, where they have real strong points but still have to improve in certain areas to be given A status.

If they're already at 15 points, then the targets in each point category aren't stretching enough.

1 hour ago, Toby Chopra said:

No disrespect to the great start Leigh have made this year both on and off the pitch, but if Leigh are a 'nailed on A' then the bar is too low.

You're replying to someone who admits they just make things up to get a response.

Said things normally take place in Leigh's hospitality.

So, y'know, read it in that context.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

It certainly sounds like that everybody was in good spirits in hospitality at Leigh last night. And indeed this morning judging by Derek's response to a tweet congratulating the club from the Steve Prescott Foundation's Twitter account.

Thanks Steve what a great message. Anyone who writes the saints off is drinking more than me 😂 hope your well be good see you at one of our games when your free 👍

1 hour ago, Toby Chopra said:

For me, Leigh and the two Hull clubs should be in the 'aspiring for an A' category, where they have real strong points but still have to improve in certain areas to be given A status.

If they're already at 15 points, then the targets in each point category aren't stretching enough.

Yup, agreed. I don’t think Rovers would expect to be an A yet, still want something to strive for - and FC don’t even have a stadium or training ground of their own! 🤣🤣🤣

4 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

How was the bottom SL four v top 4 champ [M8s] devaluing the Top???

Unless the Top playoffs are boring and the M8s were interesting and good to watch [which they were]

Then using your logic above It wasn’t in the best interests of the sport, scrapping the M8s [getting rid of the interesting bit] to make the Top look better and less boring.?

3 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Unless the Top playoffs are boring and the M8s were interesting and good to watch [which they were]

Then using your logic above It wasn’t in the best interests of the sport, scrapping the M8s [getting rid of the interesting bit] to make the Top look better and less boring.?

Because it’s creating‘excitement’ at the bottom to the detriment to the top, you or some people praising the M8s have said that the top was boring in those years.

We’re going round in circles here, I get why supporters of champ teams might find the M8s good but thankfully more people disagreed.

Part of the reason IMG are now involved is to create stability and create a blueprint where teams can thrive.

The middle 8s is the opposite of that your giving uncertainty to 8 teams at the end of the season, and making it so clubs don’t even know who or where they are playing for 1/4 of the season, plus the added uncertainty of potentially 8 clubs not even knowing what league they are playing in.

Ive said my piece so won’t carry on going round and round, the Middle 8s are done and thankfully won’t be coming back.

33 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Building an end-of-season event focused on failure and jeopardy is an absolutely ridiculous idea. The climax of the year should be wholly focused on excellence, and creating a narrative around the stories of achievement and success.

Look at how NRL goes to town with its finals series. Imagine them running a “wooden spoon” playoff comp at the same time. They’d be nuts. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Because it’s creating‘excitement’ at the bottom to the detriment to the top, you or some people praising the M8s have said that the top was boring in those years.

We’re going round in circles here, I get why supporters of champ teams might find the M8s good but thankfully more people disagreed.

Part of the reason IMG are now involved is to create stability and create a blueprint where teams can thrive.

The middle 8s is the opposite of that your giving uncertainty to 8 teams at the end of the season, and making it so clubs don’t even know who or where they are playing for 1/4 of the season, plus the added uncertainty of potentially 8 clubs not even knowing what league they are playing in.

Ive said my piece so won’t carry on going round and round, the Middle 8s are done and thankfully won’t be coming back.

What a load of C##P

Well its a good job IMG are involved and not you

As your answer to make the top interesting is to stop all the excitement and interest below the SL

Hope they dont agree with you

You say "Part of the reason IMG are now involved is to create stability and create a blueprint where teams can thrive." you forgot to add "as long as it doesn't thrive better below the top 12" because the SL  dont want any uncertainty at the end of the season.