Morgan Knowles faces ban...you know the rest...

St Helens have confirmed that they will be appealing the one-match suspension handed to loose forward and England international Morgan Knowles.

Knowles, 26, received the ban for a Grade B dangerous contact following the side’s 20-12 victory over Hull at the Totally Wicked Stadium last Friday.

The minutes from the match review panel read: “A defending player makes contact with an opponent after the ball has been released by an opponent in a vulnerable position which causes flexion to the head, neck or spinal column on an attacking player, which poses an unacceptable risk of injury to that player.”

As it stands, Knowles is set to miss Thursday night’s match against Huddersfield at the John Smith’s Stadium.

However, the club has confirmed that they will be appealing his penalty notice for the incident that occurred in the 71st minute during Friday’s home victory.

An independent tribunal hearing is scheduled for Tuesday night.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Our discipline was shocking last season too.

We haven't adapted to the new interpretation of banning slightly late tackles (not that I'm critical of that).

The decision to overturn Knowles' ban from the semi final was inexplicable. I think we have more of a case here on the face of it but maybe cynically, I see an extension coming.

• Like 1

Ban stands.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Bizarrely so....what is going on? 

Wellens desire to "play tough" ??

No, I don’t think Wellens wants the team to play any more aggressively than Woolf did. Our discipline wasn’t fantastic under Woolf but we could mitigate six agains and penalties because our defence was so good. I think we’re just adapting back to the game in the early season and the way games are refereed. It’s alarming at the minute but something we can sort out. 

• Like 1

I am glad Saints didn’t get the ban overturned, Knowles has become a liability and i honestly can’t remember the last time he strung a few good games together. Wellens would never think of dropping him because it’s “Morgan Knowles”, but i think it would give him a kick up the backside he needs because he’s been rubbish.
Wingfield is more promising as a SR or LF, id stick Knowles in the reserves if they are still around. 

1 hour ago, Josef K said:

I am glad Saints didn’t get the ban overturned, Knowles has become a liability and i honestly can’t remember the last time he strung a few good games together. Wellens would never think of dropping him because it’s “Morgan Knowles”, but i think it would give him a kick up the backside he needs because he’s been rubbish.
Wingfield is more promising as a SR or LF, id stick Knowles in the reserves if they are still around. 

There was a love in for Knowles prior to the World Cup on these pages of just how good he is on the World stage, some were saying he is the best No 13 on the planet, I Just didn't get it, I wouldn't say he is the best 13 over here, and I think it was confirmed when comparing him to Victor Radley in the WC who is light years ahead of him in all aspects of the game.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

There was a love in for Knowles prior to the World Cup on these pages of just how good he is on the World stage, some were saying he is the best No 13 on the planet, I Just didn't get it, I wouldn't say he is the best 13 over here, and I think it was confirmed when comparing him to Victor Radley in the WC who is light years ahead of him in all aspects of the game.

That’s harsh. It’s hard to compare two players in the same side playing two very different roles. Radley is an excellent loose forward who provides more of a ball handling capability. Knowles is more defensive and quite frankly has been much of the glue that’s bonded this Saints team together through this epic four year run of SL wins (along with Roby and Lomax). Knowles hasn’t played particularly well the last few months (either side of the WC), has become fairly ill-disciplined and barely got a chance to shine in the WC itself. But he was excellent in the WCC against arguably the best 13 in the world (Yeo) and has been instrumental in Saints’ recent dominance. He’s a top top player and I am sure will come through this sticky patch he’s currently in. 

However, as JK has mentioned already, I really like the look of Wingfield. He’s like granite but has ball handling abilities too. Excellent in the WCC, I have high hopes for him so Knowles needs to start pulling his thumb out as he’s got a genuinely quality young player competing with him now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jughead said:

Knowles is comfortably the best 13 in the competition. It’s bizarre (and highly likely because he didn’t get banned for the Grand Final) to suggest otherwise. 

Remember folks, these are just opinions so you don't have to believe what some try to peddle.

Edited by Faithful1865