Sat 1st Apr: SL: Warrington Wolves v Hull FC KO 13:00 (Channel 4)

Who will win?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/04/23 at 12:30

Blimey, they might even have scored there! But no.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I’ve only seen Wire’s TV games and whilst they are clearly ahead of the pack at the moment id like to see them in a real tussle to see if they are the real deal, will be interesting to see how they go in the next 3 games, they’ve dropped the intensity in this second half by wuite a bit

Have Hull put 13 subs on for this half.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

34 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

I think we had taken to dropping the ball in our own half on purpose as that was proving our best attacking position.

You've drifted away from the game plan.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

A great first half from us but a snore fest second half again. 

We need to stop this before it bites us on the backside.

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

I hope Wire can keep it up. Would be nice to see a different GF winner.

Edited by jacksy
  • Like 6

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Flat 2nd half but job was well done.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

34 minutes ago, bratman said:

First bargeover I've seen running backwards

The assist from Clifford helped.

That apart, Hull's goal line defence was outstanding in the second half.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

32 minutes ago, Ullman said:

The assist from Clifford helped.

That apart, Hull's goal line defence was outstanding in the second half.

Which just makes the first half even more frustrating, because we know that they are capable of it.

• Like 1

At what point does Adam Pearson look round and think "Weve tried god knows how many players, ive tried coach after coach after coach and we have been poor for years now. I just dont get it. Whats been the constant during all these poor seasons............. O hang on maybe its me!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, jacksy said:

I hope you're right about Trueman. But he's still not ready and he cannot be expected to perform instantly.

I would rather see more youth in the team. At least they would have a dig. This bunch are taking the p iss.

Hull's reserves absolutely thumped Warrington's earlier.

Tony Smith has already said some of those players will be in the side next week. As you say, might as well see how they go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, getdownmonkeyman said:

I don’t see any Tony Smith influence on this side, which says more about the squad than TS.

I agree. Too many players are either simply not good enough, or their attitude is wrong. I expect we will see a massive squad overhaul for next season. 20 players OOC is a terrible way to manage contracts in normal circumstances, but in this instance it gives Smith a huge amount of scope to reshape the squad in his image. In the mean time he just needs to do the best he can with what he has got and try to get some systems in place for next year and beyond.

As an aside, it makes me appreciate Jake Connor's skill even more now. I know he has his flaws, but that he was able to produce so much with that rabble around him is remarkable really.

• Like 1

I watched the game back on the box earlier and have to say I thought some of Hull's lack of effort was a disgrace, Griffin,Savelio, Hoy and Fash in particular were guilty of looking like they couldn't be bothered or were at least half Assed about it.

How they still have fans watching them is a credit to them.

A complete rabble and I've said it before, the issue doesn't seem to be the players or the coaches as these all change.

10 hours ago, meast said:

I watched the game back on the box earlier and have to say I thought some of Hull's lack of effort was a disgrace, Griffin,Savelio, Hoy and Fash in particular were guilty of looking like they couldn't be bothered or were at least half Assed about it.

How they still have fans watching them is a credit to them.

A complete rabble and I've said it before, the issue doesn't seem to be the players or the coaches as these all change.

How can you say the issue isn't the players.  We watch them every week and you can take it from me that the issue is very much the players. The sooner we can get rid of the majoriity of them, the better off we will be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faithful1865 said:

How can you say the issue isn't the players.  We watch them every week and you can take it from me that the issue is very much the players. The sooner we can get rid of the majoriity of them, the better off we will be.

So who is responsible this time for bringing this years new batch in,that is assuming those who have stayed from last year were deemed good enough.

1 hour ago, Faithful1865 said:

After training and off days apart from Monday recovery time the players should be out working in the community.Not just tig and pass in schools but mixing with the Hull workforce where their supporters come from.If they meet people grafting their b_lls off for 25k a year they  may realise how lucky it is to be a well paid player representing Hull FC.

14 hours ago, MZH said:

I agree. Too many players are either simply not good enough, or their attitude is wrong. I expect we will see a massive squad overhaul for next season. 20 players OOC is a terrible way to manage contracts in normal circumstances, but in this instance it gives Smith a huge amount of scope to reshape the squad in his image. In the mean time he just needs to do the best he can with what he has got and try to get some systems in place for next year and beyond.

As an aside, it makes me appreciate Jake Connor's skill even more now. I know he has his flaws, but that he was able to produce so much with that rabble around him is remarkable really.

That's a staggering number of players to have off contract in one year but as you say, it does give Tony Smith a great opportunity. I'd back him to make a decent job of recruitment and retention with that amount of scope.

It took him a year to sort out the shambles on the other side of the River Hull, looks like it's going to take at least as long to sort out the one on this side but we live in hope.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Faithful1865 said:

What I mean is, the players, give or take change, the coach changes, new players and coaches don't just come to Hull and suddenly become not bothered or half Assed about things, it seems, from the outside there's a massive culture issue starting at the top at Hull FC.