Fri 7th Apr: SL: Hull FC v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 12:30 (Sky)

Who will win?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/04/23 at 12:00

Viewing the footage shown in some posts raises some obvious questions , Regardless of who started what , why are people allowed to take full glass bottles away from the bar areas instead of pouring them into plastic glasses, Why when this was happening did the 2 stewards in the video just stand there and make no attempt to move in and try to identify the culprits or at least radio for assistance .

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Viewing the footage shown in some posts raises some obvious questions , Regardless of who started what , why are people allowed to take full glass bottles away from the bar areas instead of pouring them into plastic glasses, Why when this was happening did the 2 stewards in the video just stand there and make no attempt to move in and try to identify the culprits or at least radio for assistance .

They were plastic bottles served at the bar, but full or half full they’re still dangerous. You shouldn’t be allowed to take them undecanted, that’s pretty basic stadium safety stuff. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

3 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Hull FC fans are just as bad. One of us is saying that one club alone is the problem, the other is recognising there is a problem we share. I think my position is the more responsible and reasonable one. 

I was in the West stand lower and got covered in beer. I have stated what I saw and it's pretty obvious that Hull fans weren't throwing stuff at the Hull KR fans in the upper tier, how on earth could they even if they'd wanted to? I have no idea if Hull fans elsewhere in the ground were throwing stuff at Hull KR fans but nothing was thrown from the West stand lower tier upwards or I would have seen it, we were all sat down and had anyone wanted to throw something they'd have had to stand up to do it. The behaviour of the Hull KR fans who threw stuff from the upper tier wasn't in retaliation as nothing had been thrown at them.

And please don't suggest I'm not reasonable or responsible, I know what I saw and I was the victim of some Hull KR fans appalling behaviour. You should know from my posts on here that I'm very critical of my own club and had I seen anything that might have provoked the Rovers' fans I would be quick to condemn it.

But there was nothing of that nature where I was.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

35 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Those clearly throwing stuff will be easily identified and banned, yes?

One name in particular has been suggested by people who know him, we'll see if anything comes of it.

16 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

what is more baffling is K R won 40-0 , what the hell would have happened if they`d lost .

That's exactly what I said to someone this morning.

I was in the West stand. I didn't see any of the bottle/drink throwing from my seat.

It was mentioned by other fans in the pub straight after the game.

I did see an idiotic Hull fan fighting across in the east stand. Presumably with other Hull fans.

It was quelled quickly.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

50 minutes ago, jacksy said:

I was in the West stand. I didn't see any of the bottle/drink throwing from my seat.

It was mentioned by other fans in the pub straight after the game.

I did see an idiotic Hull fan fighting across in the east stand. Presumably with other Hull fans.

It was quelled quickly.

Bottles and glasses were thrown several times but we were in row DD so virtually under the offending fans and got slightly drenched.

The glasses and bottles were thrown several times and the bottles appeared to be thrown from 2 places - our left and right.  After the 1st salvo, 2 guys carrying very young kids left, looking up to the level above as they went.

3 female stewards in the area then a male came later on.  Not good and there seemed to be an injured child with parents speaking stewards on my way out.  

The HKR fans (in red and white)  were laughing about it and the usual goading and abuse between both fans continued

• Like 1

I've seen the reports. Hopefully, the idiots will get named,shamed and banned.

• Like 1

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

4 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

They were plastic bottles served at the bar, but full or half full they’re still dangerous. You shouldn’t be allowed to take them undecanted, that’s pretty basic stadium safety stuff. 

I regularly attend the Grand Final and the drinks policy seems to flip from yes you can take drinks to your seat to no you can’t. Plastic bottles are taken to the seats when the policy allows. Having said this there is often trouble at the GF. Nothing major but enough to result in a few ejections. I‘m just trying to point out that it’s not pretty basic stadium safety stuff.

20 hours ago, meast said:

I'm presuming Hull fans are pretty fed up of these regular embarrassing batterings, at home especially?

So what's the issue? 

It surely can't be the coach(es) as they change them

It surely can't be the players as they change them too.

Again, as an outsider, like @RagingbullI assume? looking in, it appears the only constant in these last few years of constant underachieving and some downright disgraceful performances are the owners/board.

Yet Hull fans never seem to raise this issue, it's always the players or the coaches fault, but what if there was issues coming from the top?

Again, I'm writing this as an outsider looking in without the benefit of knowledge of how the club works, but maybe there are fundamental issues within the organisation that means corners are cut, a lack of professionalism, a culture of accepting failure, a culture where people aren't challenged etc etc.

Surely after yet another embarrassing performance by yet another group of players under yet another coach questions need to be asked at the top?

I know if that kept happening at my club I would be questioning why it keeps happening, year on year.

You keep saying it's never raised but then never substantiate this.

It's difficult to see what it is we'd be raising.

Cutting corners? He's invested significant money in training facilities on more than one occasion. He's brought in big names. He's paid full cap every season. 

Culture of accepting failure? He's sacked coaches over the years for poor results over and over again. Who's job is to to create a culture anyway? The coach or the owner?

How many of the former coaches come out and said "I wasn't provided x, y, z at the club." No one ever says they lacked anything or the owner interfered.

I think Pearson's biggest issue has been time and time again bringing in assistant coaches as head coaches. TS is the first coach that was a head coach before that we've had since John Kear (who himself was an assistant at the time he was promoted). We have a squad built from inexperience. It's a shambles because it this and TS now has a Darryl Powell job on his hands.

Edited by Wellsy4HullFC
  • Like 3
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

18 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

That's the angriest I've ever been leaving a game, and I'm not talking about the drivel that was served up on the pitch from Hull FC.

I was sat in the top row of the lower tier in the West Stand and during the second half beer and bottles started raining down on me and hundreds other Hull fans from the Hull KR fans in the West Stand upper. A girl aged around four was hit on her head by a bottle right in front of me, and unsurprisingly ended up screaming which prompted her family to pick her up and leave. What a wonderful derby experience she will have to talk about in future.

Hull KR have made great improvements to their ground and are competitive on the pitch in SL, however, while they have this neanderthal #### element among their fans, they will always be held back from being a top club. I doubt the Upper tier will be open again for future derbies and I really hope their club is fined and warned again about the behaviour of this minority of trash amongst their fans. Their actions yesterday were utterly disgraceful, I thought I'd seen the last of that sort of stuff decades ago.

He who casts the first stone.

18 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

That's the angriest I've ever been leaving a game, and I'm not talking about the drivel that was served up on the pitch from Hull FC.

I was sat in the top row of the lower tier in the West Stand and during the second half beer and bottles started raining down on me and hundreds other Hull fans from the Hull KR fans in the West Stand upper. A girl aged around four was hit on her head by a bottle right in front of me, and unsurprisingly ended up screaming which prompted her family to pick her up and leave. What a wonderful derby experience she will have to talk about in future.

Hull KR have made great improvements to their ground and are competitive on the pitch in SL, however, while they have this neanderthal #### element among their fans, they will always be held back from being a top club. I doubt the Upper tier will be open again for future derbies and I really hope their club is fined and warned again about the behaviour of this minority of trash amongst their fans. Their actions yesterday were utterly disgraceful, I thought I'd seen the last of that sort of stuff decades ago.

image.jpeg.b02f1284c1b0d1338b7d0ce50f8f4802.jpeg

1 hour ago, DimmestStar said:

He who casts the first stone.

1 hour ago, DimmestStar said:

image.jpeg.b02f1284c1b0d1338b7d0ce50f8f4802.jpeg

Whatever BS you post on here, I know what happened to me and plenty of others near me due to the actions of Hull KR fans in the upper tier of the west stand above us.

I hope you left the game unscathed if you attended it because I didn't.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ivans82 said:

what is more baffling is K R won 40-0 , what the hell would have happened if they`d lost .

Much the same, I imagine.

Only they might have left a bit earlier.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 07/04/2023 at 13:38, Segovia Carpet said:

HKR dreadful to watch but dominant with one out rugby and an up and under.  Australian couching for you.

I have another candidate for shouse of the year. Lewis. Dreadful to watch his antics.

What a clown haha 

On 08/04/2023 at 14:27, Old Frightful said:

I was in the West stand lower and got covered in beer. I have stated what I saw and it's pretty obvious that Hull fans weren't throwing stuff at the Hull KR fans in the upper tier, how on earth could they even if they'd wanted to? I have no idea if Hull fans elsewhere in the ground were throwing stuff at Hull KR fans but nothing was thrown from the West stand lower tier upwards or I would have seen it, we were all sat down and had anyone wanted to throw something they'd have had to stand up to do it. The behaviour of the Hull KR fans who threw stuff from the upper tier wasn't in retaliation as nothing had been thrown at them.

And please don't suggest I'm not reasonable or responsible, I know what I saw and I was the victim of some Hull KR fans appalling behaviour. You should know from my posts on here that I'm very critical of my own club and had I seen anything that might have provoked the Rovers' fans I would be quick to condemn it.

But there was nothing of that nature where I was.

You were a victim of some awful behaviour.

My family and I have also been victims of some atrocious behaviour.

One of us is willing to accept the other’s evidence at face value, and admit that this is proof that both sets of fans are capable of behaving in a manner that embarrasses the sport. The other would prefer to use their own experience as a weapon to disparage one club over their own.

Edited by Hull Kingston Bronco
Typo

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

8 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

One of us is willing to accept the other’s evidence at face value, and admit that this is proof that both sets of fans are capable of behaving in a manner that embarrasses the sport. The other would prefer to use their own experience as a weapon to disparage one club over their own.

I have seen the video of two Hull fans fighting among themselves. To be honest, with the state of Hull FC at the moment, I'm surprised there aren't more brawls among home fans at the MKM.  While that is appalling and unacceptable, it's not affecting the Hull KR fans.

When I went to Leeds a few weeks back, one Hull fan threw a bottle on the pitch after Leeds scored. These type of people are morons and , as has rightly been said, every club has them.

The difference last Friday was that there were lots of bottles being thrown from the upper tier, clearly with the intent of hitting and soaking the fans below with bottles full of beer. It wasn't an isolated incident, people have started putting stills on social media of the more obvious culprits and I hope action is taken against them.

I accept that you've been the victim in the past but you weren't on Friday from what I can see, and I've not seen anywhere that any Hull KR fan was a victim on Friday. But I and plenty of other Hull fans sat in the lower tier were victims because of the number of bottles thrown, not just by one person, by at least 6 or 7 and maybe more.

As for me using the incidents to disparage Hull KR, If you read my initial post when I was still very angry, I praised Hull KR as a club and when I mentioned the problems I stressed it was a minority of their fans.

Still, at least your responses have been measured and I can't take any offence from them.

Unlike the charming "Dimmest Star" who replies to my post about a young child being hit by a bottle with a cartoon of a young child screaming.

Very appropriate I'm sure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

I have seen the video of two Hull fans fighting among themselves. To be honest, with the state of Hull FC at the moment, I'm surprised there aren't more brawls among home fans at the MKM.  While that is appalling and unacceptable, it's not affecting the Hull KR fans.

When I went to Leeds a few weeks back, one Hull fan threw a bottle on the pitch after Leeds scored. These type of people are morons and , as has rightly been said, every club has them.

The difference last Friday was that there were lots of bottles being thrown from the upper tier, clearly with the intent of hitting and soaking the fans below with bottles full of beer. It wasn't an isolated incident, people have started putting stills on social media of the more obvious culprits and I hope action is taken against them.

I accept that you've been the victim in the past but you weren't on Friday from what I can see, and I've not seen anywhere that any Hull KR fan was a victim on Friday. But I and plenty of other Hull fans sat in the lower tier were victims because of the number of bottles thrown, not just by one person, by at least 6 or 7 and maybe more.

As for me using the incidents to disparage Hull KR, If you read my initial post when I was still very angry, I praised Hull KR as a club and when I mentioned the problems I stressed it was a minority of their fans.

Still, at least your responses have been measured and I can't take any offence from them.

Unlike the charming "Dimmest Star" who replies to my post about a young child being hit by a bottle with a cartoon of a young child screaming.

Very appropriate I'm sure.

Dimmest Star is a classless troll, ignore him.

You can't put it any clearer than you have there, pal. Whataboutism is not helping the people injured on Friday. I'm lucky I was on holiday last week as I usually sit in that corner with my 3 year old. I've seen Facebook posts from a friend whose going daughter was hit by a bottle. Telling us you've seen worse, or you've been a victim of worse in the past detracts from what happened there and then. This shouldn't be happening at rugby games.

I think the result of that will see Rovers fans banned from the upper tier in the future, which is a shame. It wasn't as simple as allocating the whole North Stand as season passes have been sold there.

• Like 2
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

It does seem surprising that you'd get a group of fans above their rival fans in a stadium. Seems pretty bad planning that tbh, particularly for a match that must be seen as high risk, that allows bottles to be taken into the seats. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It does seem surprising that you'd get a group of fans above their rival fans in a stadium. Seems pretty bad planning that tbh, particularly for a match that must be seen as high risk, that allows bottles to be taken into the seats. 

My thoughts exactly, somebody cocked up there 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Not as bad as the Aussies, at the 3rd test in '92 at Lang Park opposing fans were positioned exactly the same with the Aussies above some of the British contingent, the toilets must have been closed in the upper part because some of the Brits also got wet but it wasn't beer raining down!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

In the past Hull KR fans have occupied both the North Stand and the Upper Tier of the West Stand with little in the way of incidents as far as I can recall. Now only about half of the seats in the North Stand are available to them which meant more of them in the Upper West. I have no idea why last Friday was any different to when they've previously occupied that part of the ground but things were very different, unfortunately.