Attendance thread

4 minutes ago, OnStrike said:

Which SL ground could you drive to in an hour from near Luton?

"in just an hour more"

• Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I said an EXTRA hour compared to driving to Wimbledon 

Yeah apologies, misread that. I'm in Stevenage and Wakefield, Leeds and Cas are probably easiest for me.

Getting to Wimbledon would be a fast train into Finsbury Park, Vic Line to Stockwell, Northern to Tooting then a bus up to Plough Lane. Do-able but not exactly easy.

Hopefully they can get local people interested. If they can build links with the supporters associations that built AFC Wimbledon from nothing, they'll have a wealth of experience to tap into

11 minutes ago, OnStrike said:

Yeah apologies, misread that. I'm in Stevenage and Wakefield, Leeds and Cas are probably easiest for me.

Getting to Wimbledon would be a fast train into Finsbury Park, Vic Line to Stockwell, Northern to Tooting then a bus up to Plough Lane. Do-able but not exactly easy.

Hopefully they can get local people interested. If they can build links with the supporters associations that built AFC Wimbledon from nothing, they'll have a wealth of experience to tap into

Stevenage to Haydons Road on Thameslink, just one same-platform change at Blackfriars. 

• Thanks 1

In terms of accessibility, I'd say that how easy it is to get to from the nearest point on the M25 is a key question, as surely the aim is to attract people from all sides of London.

With that in mind, Ealing, a quick jaunt down the dual-carriageway A40 from J16, would have been more "accessible" for  lot of people than the Cherry Red, which is a bit of a convoluted car journey from most parts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OnStrike said:

Yeah the Wakey clubs feel quickest to get to. We go to Headingly and Wire the most though as the stadium is better for the kids to walk around 

Since Covid the M1 has been a dream even in Friday nights....just feels very quick and easy to zoom up  ....maybe coupled with high petrol price part of it too 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

In terms of accessibility, I'd say that how easy it is to get to from the nearest point on the M25 is a key question, as surely the aim is to attract people from all sides of London.

With that in mind, Ealing, a quick jaunt down the dual-carriageway A40 from J16, would have been more "accessible" for  lot of people than the Cherry Red, which is a bit of a convoluted car journey from most parts.

London is not a drive first city, especially the 5 million or so that live in inner London, half of whom don't even have cars because they don't need them because public transport is - relative to elsewhere - so good.

These are the people who the Broncos should be targeting. If we're bypassing them to target people in the home counties who want to drive to games, then why have a London team at all?

Set up in Ebbsfleet or Luton and make the break properly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OnStrike said:

No! No! No! I do not believe you want to do it like that!

Stevenage to Haydons Road, sir. 

MV5BMGQ5Mzk3NDUtYTFkZC00ZTkxLWJmZTUtOTc0MDkxMzRmYTllXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDIzNDc0MA@@._V1_.jpg

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

Set up in Ebbsfleet or Luton and make the break properly.

You spelt, "The Pilot Field, Hastings" incorrectly.

But your point is valid. Never met any actual London-based Londoner who drove anywhere in London as a first choice. And there are a lot of them - they really should be the target market of a London-based team.

(Not that I think, even now, the Broncos have any clue who they are marketing to or why. The socials seem to have gone a bit quiet on any outreach they may be doing.)

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

9 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Also fairly accessible on the Elizabeth line I would have thought?

3 hours ago, JohnM said:

Stolen from Football Funnies facebook. Please reuse as appropriate

No photo description available.

Don't be coming in here as a City fan posting your L's. 

• Haha 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

2 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

24,000?

I’d be surprised if they get that for a mid table duel with Leeds in an otherwise disappointing season, but here’s what they said:

“And for the Giants' BIGGEST game of this season we are aiming to beat our Super League attendance record here at the John Smith's Stadium, and potentially set the highest attendance that this club has seen in over FIFTY years.”

2 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I’d be surprised if they get that for a mid table duel with Leeds in an otherwise disappointing season, but here’s what they said:

“And for the Giants' BIGGEST game of this season we are aiming to beat our Super League attendance record here at the John Smith's Stadium, and potentially set the highest attendance that this club has seen in over FIFTY years.”

And yet their gameday guide merely suggests they are expecting a crowd of ‘over 7,000’, which may not even be their highest attendance this season.

1 hour ago, JonNgog said:

And yet their gameday guide merely suggests they are expecting a crowd of ‘over 7,000’, which may not even be their highest attendance this season.

Maybe they launched a big promotion, but are now rowing back on it.

Did seem ambitious.

Bit loathe to criticise any club trying to be positive though.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref
  • Like 3