Attendance thread

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Spot on, it makes little sense. If you want to target under 30s, engage with them, it doesn't always have to be price. 

This is entirely IMO - but if I were targeting the Under 30s (those painfully young people) anywhere then I would link it to what are they doing/experiencing in the town/area already and how can we connect/engage with that audience.

For example, Hastings United (soccer, I know) have linked up with a local independent brewers whose pub/bar in town has a pretty young demographic. They are now providing a beer that will only be available at the football ground(*) - and (I think) there is now also a minibus that runs between bar and ground on match days.

(* - and, cleverly, it's not for sale in the club bar where all the dull old soaks go but at an outside stall next to where they are also now selling the kind of reasonable 'artisan' food that Footy Scran accounts share).

• Like 4

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

I'm not sure I get the under 30's price band. I think there is clear logic for students, u21s, families, pensioners etc. but I'm mot sure why a 28 year old fan is discounted. 

Due to the 18-30 age group being the demograph we have the least season card holders in, the idea is to attract them to the Rugby then go onto Town/Leeds wherever after, unfortunately with most age groups in our town they aren't interested either and will much rather sit in a pub watching a premier league match or an American sports game than go to a 'live event'.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Due to the 18-30 age group being the demograph we have the least season card holders in, the idea is to attract them to the Rugby then go onto Town/Leeds wherever after, unfortunately with most age groups in our town they aren't interested either and will much rather sit in a pub watching a premier league match or an American sports game than go to a 'live event'.

If those demographics are going out to pubs, etc to watch sports, then they are in a way attending a 'live event', they just aren't attending yours.

Young people are getting more involved in crowds at other clubs, so why not Huddersfield? It can't be as simple as "YP in Huddersfield don't like RL", or "YP in Huddersfield don't go to live events"

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, daz39 said:

That sounds awfully defeatist. I don't believe that people in the 18-30 bracket are that fundamentally different than anywhere else and it is up to the Huddersfield club to attract them.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Click said:

If those demographics are going out to pubs, etc to watch sports, then they are in a way attending a 'live event', they just aren't attending yours.

Young people are getting more involved in crowds at other clubs, so why not Huddersfield? It can't be as simple as "YP in Huddersfield don't like RL", or "YP in Huddersfield don't go to live events"

God knows, we lost a generation of fans during the 80's and 90's so i guess the current 18-30 age group didn't have that habit passed onto them from their fathers and grandfathers like at other clubs, plus we have a large student population so lot's of them may not be local and have settled here after Uni etc, either way they are proving a very tough nut to crack.

20 minutes ago, daz39 said:

God knows, we lost a generation of fans during the 80's and 90's so i guess the current 18-30 age group didn't have that habit passed onto them from their fathers and grandfathers like at other clubs, plus we have a large student population so lot's of them may not be local and have settled here after Uni etc, either way they are proving a very tough nut to crack.

Marketing is always a very hard job to do at the best of times, and you often find it is a very long process of attracting those new demographics to any sports club.

The only way I can see clubs attracting these age ranges is by putting on more "events" - The rugby being played isn't the only thing people are going to. People bemoaned all the people around beer tents in Toronto, etc. But their demographics were young, because it was a good event where people could get out with their friends, have some beer and watch some RL as well.

Cheap tickets don't attract 20 - 30 yr olds in my experience, (speaking as 31 yr old... I am very offended by this ticket offer!) you need to build it all up more. 

I would also think students would be a good demographic to target as well, larger groups of people looking to go out and have a laugh but not for a huge price, those are the ones you target for cheaper tickets.

4 hours ago, Dave T said:

I'm not sure I get the under 30's price band. I think there is clear logic for students, u21s, families, pensioners etc. but I'm mot sure why a 28 year old fan is discounted. 

Agreed. In my 20‘s I had a lot more disposable cash before kids, mortgage etc. so it seems bizarre. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spidey said:

A contributing factor may be of a case of when you were in your 20s though

I wouldn’t have thought so. Even now people sharing a house with their mates should have more money then people with massive food/clothes/childcare costs that come with kids and have to rent/buy their own property. 

It’s why you have family tickets. 

37 minutes ago, pahars said:

I wouldn’t have thought so. Even now people sharing a house with their mates should have more money then people with massive food/clothes/childcare costs that come with kids and have to rent/buy their own property. 

I was the opposite - kids/house/bills in my 20's and had more money in my 30's/40's.

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

To try to get younger people in presumably, if they have an older demographic. 

4 hours ago, daz39 said:

My response to that would be to suggest that the reason that 21-30 year old are not coming isn't due to price. 

Good luck to them, but I'm not buying the logic that they under-index in that segment so just reduce the price. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, daz39 said:

I was the opposite - kids/house/bills in my 20's and had more money in my 30's/40's.

But did you have enough to go to the match? RL tickets are reasonably priced. 

Whilst I applaud any creativity, there is a reason that this pricing structure just isn't seen at sports clubs, theatres, concerts etc. 

4 hours ago, gingerjon said:

This is entirely IMO - but if I were targeting the Under 30s (those painfully young people) anywhere then I would link it to what are they doing/experiencing in the town/area already and how can we connect/engage with that audience.

For example, Hastings United (soccer, I know) have linked up with a local independent brewers whose pub/bar in town has a pretty young demographic. They are now providing a beer that will only be available at the football ground(*) - and (I think) there is now also a minibus that runs between bar and ground on match days.

(* - and, cleverly, it's not for sale in the club bar where all the dull old soaks go but at an outside stall next to where they are also now selling the kind of reasonable 'artisan' food that Footy Scran accounts share).

I agree. It was mentioned by another poster about trying to get them along and then they'd go onto town afterwards, so make the stadium experience part of their fun night out, they have a great facility with loads of space. 

Another way of tapping into this segment is through family tickets, engaging with Primary schools will help you target these under 30's.

An RL match should be great for a boozy night out, a family night, date night, or one for purists to enjoy the match only. 

It's purely my opinion, but I expect if you surveyed under 30's about why they don't attend, it won't be overwhelmingly price. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dave T said:

But did you have enough to go to the match? RL tickets are reasonably priced. 

Whilst I applaud any creativity, there is a reason that this pricing structure just isn't seen at sports clubs, theatres, concerts etc. 

Not all the time, didn't go home and away like i do now, mainly home games with the kids.

2 hours ago, daz39 said:

Obviously people have different lives.  The point is that there are family tickets available for people in your situation, it just seems crazy to discount all under 30‘s IMO. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

East Stand and all other standing tickets are already sold out at Hull KR, and only 250 home fans seats left across these 6 blocks here. 

Don’t know how Leigh have done with the 2 blocks we’ve allocated them (900 seats) but it’s going to be full to bursting in Craven Park on Friday. Anyone remember the days when play-off games didn’t sell “because it wasn’t part of the season ticket”? Times they are a changin’ 🔴⚪🔴

784B9FB5-2671-4278-825E-347A567E3E7C.jpeg

3 blocks available for us , almost sold out , been a pain arranging transport , trying to find coaches for a 4-30 departure with most doing school/college contracts , 6 coming over for our third Friday night visit , hopefully get a couple of decent beers in Craven street pre match if we arrive in time 

Hopefully we won't have Rovers fans behind us in the section above us , it just causes trouble 

Edited by GUBRATS
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

3 blocks available for us , almost sold out , been a pain arranging transport , trying to find coaches for a 4-30 departure with most doing school/college contracts , 6 coming over for our third Friday night visit , hopefully get a couple of decent beers in Craven street pre match if we arrive in time 

Hopefully we won't have Rovers fans behind us in the section above us , it just causes trouble 

Good news - I still think this game should have been the Saturday one, it’s ###### for you guys (was expecting we’d have the problem).

Do think there’s an exec box behind every block of seats though, so unless they haven’t sold them (might not have for a one-off I guess) then you might be in front of the prawn sandwich brigade I’m afraid. I do agree with you, we don’t really have an easily separable area for away supports, definitely not ideal. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

6 minutes ago, JonNgog said:

Feel free to check previous playoff attendances for this fixture and get back to me.

Just because it might stack up well against recent poor attendances doesn’t make it good. A lot of the recent poor attendances will have been evening kick offs too. 

• Like 1

On 28/09/2023 at 13:36, pahars said:

This discussion makes me wonder whether it's wrong that there are usually concessions for pensioners. Some are poor, sadly, but many are comfortable financially...

20 minutes ago, N2022 said:

This discussion makes me wonder whether it's wrong that there are usually concessions for pensioners. Some are poor, sadly, but many are comfortable financially...

So how do you differentiate? Poor ones gate 1 ,comfortable gate 2 ?