Thur 20th Apr: SL: St Helens v Warrington Wolves KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/04/23 at 19:30

Didn’t see that coming. That was much more of a Saints of 2022 type performance and you can’t understate how great a win that is given the circumstances, against a very good Warrington side this year. 

Some excellent performances in the pack, Lomax was untouchable and both wingers were very good. I didn’t think much of Warrington overall. I thought the respective benches would be a big difference and barring a fifteen minute spell where Kasiano scored and Walker kicked a 40-20. 

Get the eight out of the England side and sat on a beach for a few days ahead of Catalans and I will be happy. 

We were hopeless, as I said we would be. Saints wanted it more and deserved the win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Three things stood out for me tonight.

1. Wellens playing James Bell at first receiver was a masterstroke.

2. Joe Batchelor is the most important player on our team.

3. George Delaney is going to be a superstar.

Bell played virtually a whole season for us in that position

5 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Welsby and Lees will play. Not sure about anyone else. Dodd in the squad.

If Wane wants Lomax to play and presumably he does, you’d imagine he turns out or he may as well call it a day. Those 2 you mention and Lomax should be shoe ins if we’re picking our best side. 

Edited by WN83
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Saints are just awesome.

Did they move up to 7th in the table?

James, I’m delighted that St Helens are ruining your Thursday evening and you’re furiously bashing your keyboard, shaking with anger and frustration. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Saints are just awesome.

Did they move up to 7th in the table?

Awww bless 

I’d be a bit worried about that if I were a wire fan. Saints did well but Wire were very 2022.

Edited by FearTheVee

8 minutes ago, Jughead said:

James, I’m delighted that St Helens are ruining your Thursday evening and you’re furiously bashing your keyboard, shaking with anger and frustration. 

Shaking with anger? I doubt it. Just an overwhelming sense of disappointment, shared by so many, that Powell chose the wrong starting 13, allowing East Liverpool to build momentum early on. 

Still, congrats to the victors..they had to win one sooner or later. Pity it was sooner rather than later.😀😀😀😀😀😀