Fri 5th May: SL: Catalans Dragons v St Helens KO 19:45 (UK time) (Sky)

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/05/23 at 19:15

Just now, DavidM said:

Wow saints have gone downhill in this game quicker than a guy smothered in lard down the cresta run 

I worry about your imagination sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

13 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

It was a penalty, nothing more. If we are wetting ourselves after a tackle like that we need to give up.

Yeah, you’re wrong. Players who place players to ground get a penalty given against them. Blokes who throw others head first into the ground get cards. Well they do if you’re being reffed by anyone on the planet but Liam Moore. 

• Like 1

"It was a pulsating game"

No it wasn't, a good first half followed by an error strewn second half when the result was never in doubt.

In spite of Barry Mac's ridiculous claims.

• Like 1

Catalans were too good there, bar two weak defensive efforts in the first half. High intensity in the 2nd half, Saints didn't really have an answer.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Tactically rubbish. After putting Warrington the sword in every aspect of the game a fortnight ago, that was the Saints of 2023 again tonight. It’s the same stuff each week, ill discipline, cards, dumb penalties, errors and there’s no signs of learning or adapting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Very poor game skill wise far too scrappy.I enjoyed last night game more.The commentators don't know when to shut up their constant talking spoiled it for me.

All six tries were very good pieces of skill. It wasn't a classic but 'very poor skill wise' is to overcook it.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Catalans were too good there, bar two weak defensive efforts in the first half. High intensity in the 2nd half, Saints didn't really have an answer.

Did you enjoy it by any chance?

3 minutes ago, Mark S said:

What’s happened to Saints? After wining the WCC they seemed to have collapsed.

We have been figured out, good coaches and teams know how to play us.

Not too bothered about this particular match as we don’t have a great record against Catalans…not a big fan of travelling on the day and not sure how the stats back that up…so I wasn’t expecting too much and with the weight of possession and territory Catalans deserved the win. 

I expect Saints to be in the mix come the end of the season and it’s anyone’s game from there as Leeds have proved in the past. 

Just now, Old Frightful said:

Did you enjoy it by any chance?

I've found both Sky games very entertaining this weekend.

10 minutes ago, Mark S said:

What’s happened to Saints? After wining the WCC they seemed to have collapsed.

Totally different from their last game against Warrington, reverted to  up the middle stuff again against a big Dragons pack. Ritson was their best all round performer tonight.

A lot here about “what’s happened to Saints”, which is a discussion topic for sure but Catalans were, overall, the far better side. A fully fit (or near fully fit) Catalans side are pretty formidable and they were tonight, with their pack being mean and strong and that laying the platform for Tomkins. If they can keep their heads when things don’t go their way away from home, which is their downfall, they’ll go well. 

• Like 3