Fri 26th May: SL: Catalans Dragons v Wakefield Trinity KO 19:00

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/05/23 at 18:30

Here is the Catalans' 21-man squad:

1. Arthur MOURGUE
4. Matthieu LAGUERRE
5. Fouad YAHA
. Tyrone MAY
8. Mike McMEEKEN
9. Micky McILORUM
10. Julian BOUSQUET
11. Matt WHITLEY
12. Paul SÉGUIER
13. Benjamin GARCIA
15. Mickael GOUDEMAND
16. Romain NAVARRETE
17. César ROUGE
18. Tiaki CHAN
19. Arthur ROMANO
21. Matt IKUVALU
22. Siua TAUKEIAHO
23. Jordan DEZARIA
24. Tom JOHNSTONE
28. Ugo TISON
31. Tanguy ZENON

There is no Tomkins - perhaps predictable if you need to use him sparingly - but a welcome return for Fouad Yaha. 

If MacNamara goes with the pack as per squad numbers (ie starts with nos. 8 to 13), then coming off the bench could be Goudemand, Navarette (who I think has really come on this season), Chan and Dezaria.  What is scary for any opponents about that prospect is not necessarily their size - though they are not exactly small - but their speed.  Les Dracs seem to have a very mobile pack this year.

There should be plenty of quick ball to a threequarter line of, probably, Johnstone-Ikuvalu-Laguerre-Yaha, with Mourgue at full back.

I am not sure who gets to partner May in the halves, but quite possibly Cesar Rouge.

I don't believe Wakefield will go all season without a win, but I struggle to see it coming here, unless Catalans go for a silly moment of self-induced implosion (always possible!).  I think Les Dracs by about 25.

Arthur Romano, incidentally, has signed a two-year extension which sees him staying at Perpignan until the end of 2025.

• Thanks 1

Another footy match at the Dragons to look forward to.

Trinity as a club still if they get their act together have much to offer SL being a city with no soccer.

All it takes is one mega investor and away you go

As for this one Dragons by 40

P

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Trinity as a club still if they get their act together hsve much to offer SL being a city with no soccer.

Correct, that very person is well on the way to buying the club . He certainly has the wealth and by all accounts the intention to get the club right to the top. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Agbrigg said:

Correct, that very person is well on the way to buying the club . He certainly has the wealth and by all accounts the intention to get the club right to the top. 

Maybe too late for this season, but hopefully he can build the club so it has a chance of coming back more than what we have been for the majority of the last 24 years.

10 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Maybe too late for this season, but hopefully he can build the club so it has a chance of coming back more than what we have been for the majority of the last 24 years.

Yes I agree, the present owners have run down the team so badly with some of the worst signings we have made in SL I think this season is gone. On the bright side relegation will allow us to get rid of all the dross.

On 24/05/2023 at 19:45, ATLANTISMAN said:

Trinity as a club still if they get their act together have much to offer SL being a city with no soccer.

As for this one Dragons by 40

P

Their new stand is going to be terrific....really think a new investor coming in might be a possibility 

On 24/05/2023 at 21:36, Agbrigg said:

Yes I agree, the present owners have run down the team so badly with some of the worst signings we have made in SL I think this season is gone. On the bright side relegation will allow us to get rid of all the dross.

Might well be a blessing in disguise for Wakey ....

9 hours ago, doc said:

Are Trinity really thinking about bringing back Fifita? 

Seems like a good idea, but would he be up for it?

where is Fifita these days apart from the all you can eat toby carvery?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

where is Fifita these days apart from the all you can eat toby carvery?

Apparently he's turning out for the Entrance Tigers in the Central Coast Division Rugby League, so still at a level better than this Wakey side!