Thur 25th May: SL: Hull KR v Wigan Warriors KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull KR
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/05/23 at 19:30

Top game. Good noisy crowd.

RL dun good.

• Like 4

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Farrell could go down in history as the first ti score a hattrick of  forward passes

Just bizarre. Each one of them didn’t have to be forward in order to execute the play either. But was. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

That was superb entertainment. The better side won, and in some style. 6 tries to 4 tells the story. We dug very deep indeed. I assume that is the last time we have to go to Hull. Looking forward to seeing them at the DW. Marshall and French played brilliantly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

Im sure some don’t understand what a forward pass is on here, it was fine.

That's excusable.

But then there are the ones who call forward/not forward entirely based on who's doing it, and that's just a bit sad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

You will never see a more obvious forward pass if you watch every game left this season.

Not the first one either. 

its not fair.jpg

Edited by JohnM
  • Like 3

French was running at an angle , no ' momentum , flight of ball nonsense ' , he threw it forward 

Don't get me wrong , I wanted Wigan to win , IMO Leigh have more chance to catch and pass HKR 

• Haha 1

Don't think the last pass was forward tbf.

But the angles aren't great to be sure.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

French was running at an angle , no ' momentum , flight of ball nonsense ' , he threw it forward 

Don't get me wrong , I wanted Wigan to win , IMO Leigh have more chance to catch and pass HKR 

The fact you call it nonsense shows you don’t understand it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

This’ll do me either way. Rovers have shown they’re the real deal this season 

Just a shame that you lacked the defensive resolve and determination that lot across the river showed when Wigan were in town eh? 😜

In all seriousness though I'd have mixed feelings if I was a Rovers fan. It was a quality game of RL and you played very well for most of it. But you were 8 points up at home with less than 10 to play, conceded two tries, got another chance due to dodgy goalkicking, and lost anyway. Top class teams don't do that. Last time out you had Warrington there for the taking and couldn't get that over the line either.

Do I think you are a playoff team? Yes. Do I take you seriously as a contender? No, you've still got a lot to prove imo.

• Like 3

Just now, Nate90 said:

Well done to the lads for digging deep and finding a way to win this evening. I don't think Wigan need a new conversion taker but a kicking coach would be nice.

Maybe a sports psychiatrist too. It must be weighing on Smith's mind how often he jeopardises a Wigan win by not adding the extras at a good success rate.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Come on. I’m fine with the result, it was a tight game and I’m cool with a defeat after it. But French was running pretty much laterally when he released it, Farrell still almost had to dive forwards to catch that ball far in front of him and yes I do understand the concept of momentum. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 minute ago, MZH said:

Just a shame that you lacked the defensive resolve and determination that lot across the river showed when Wigan were in town eh? 😜

In all seriousness though I'd have mixed feelings if I was a Rovers fan. It was a quality game of RL and you played very well for most of it. But you were 8 points up at home with less than 10 to play, conceded two tries, got another chance due to dodgy goalkicking, and lost anyway. Top class teams don't do that. Last time out you had Warrington there for the taking and couldn't get that over the line either.

Do I think you are a playoff team? Yes. Do I take you seriously as a contender? No, you've still got a lot to prove imo.

Agreed. Third is a false position. 

• Haha 2

Fantastic game. HKR gave us more problems tonight than anybody else all season. We needed to play on the break and thankfully we’re ok with that. 

We need more games like that and it’s really pleasing to see a club like HKR pushing hard to break the usual Saints, Wigan, Leeds etc traditional top sides. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MZH said:

Yes. Every single game Rovers have lost, against the alleged “top sides”, we have been competing until the end. If that’s not play off quality I don’t know what is? Tonight we even had our best 2 players out injured and nobody even commented on it, such was the standard of the team regardless. 

We don’t have to prove anything anyway, us Rovers supporters are very happy with where we’re at. That’s the difference between us and that other lot across the river, we don’t have the same unearned sense of entitlement. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Come on. I’m fine with the result, it was a tight game and I’m cool with a defeat after it. But French was running pretty much laterally when he released it, Farrell still almost had to dive forwards to catch that ball far in front of him and yes I do understand the concept of momentum. 

He wasn’t running laterally at all. Diagonally maybe, but he was still running towards the try line.

Edited by Chrispmartha
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Agreed. Third is a false position. 

They just lost on golden point against the team in 2nd 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

He wasn’t running laterally at all.

Ok boss. I’ve seen less forward passes from Dan Marino. 

• Haha 3