Sun 4th Jun: SL: Hull FC v Warrington Wolves KO 16:30 (Sky)

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/06/23 at 16:30

Have to admit Hull were very good today and it looks like they have got their act together now.

Warrington had most of the territory and possession in the first half but didn't actually look like scoring too often. The key play was immediately after Wire were gifted their second try. Almost through sheer willpower Hull got the ball back from the KO and then got on the scoreboard.

They then defended stubbornly to see the half out.

Second half was all Hull and with better goalkicking the game would have been won earlier.

Warrington just don't look like trophy winners . How they must be regretting rejecting Clifford in favour of Drinkwater.

If someone scores 3 tries SKY will give them MoM but surely the deserved winner should have been Swift.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

Whats the hull shirt all about? is it a charity thing or a tribute to Rolf Harris?

It's based on aerial photography of Hull Fair. Makes sense when you see it close up. 

I like it but then you could sell me anything right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I think the ref got disorientated because it was too close to an actual play the ball. 

Pet peeve of mine. We penalise the players who try to play the ball properly yet it's OK just to roll it under the foot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

For the first time in a few years we actually look like we've got a team who want to fight and dig in for each other and it's so good to see. We have an awful long way to go, we need to improve in lots of areas and some of the players still aren't really up to scratch. But after what we've put up with in recent times it's so refreshing to see a hungry side who are prepared to roll up their sleeves and battle to stay in games when it gets tough. I think Tony Smith is showing that he has very much still got it.  

• Like 1

Just got home.

What a fantastic game, made even better by enjoying the result amongst the Hull fans.  Lightyears ahead of owt my team can currently produce.

Int Magic great though?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

10 minutes ago, MZH said:

For the first time in a few years we actually look like we've got a team who want to fight and dig in for each other and it's so good to see. We have an awful long way to go, we need to improve in lots of areas and some of the players still aren't really up to scratch. But after what we've put up with in recent times it's so refreshing to see a hungry side who are prepared to roll up their sleeves and battle to stay in games when it gets tough. I think Tony Smith is showing that he has very much still got it.  

It's a shame that we didn't scrape a couple of wins in that terrible run we had. That Saints game could have been a turning point of we'd have caught that ball. Think we've left it too late to catch up in the playoffs.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

11 minutes ago, MZH said:

Earlier in the season when 12-0 down Hull FC would have lost that game easily.Credit to the players  for turning it round.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

It's a shame that we didn't scrape a couple of wins in that terrible run we had. That Saints game could have been a turning point of we'd have caught that ball. Think we've left it too late to catch up in the playoffs.

Yeah the Saints game was a big missed chance, and we probably should have beaten Leigh too. The bad start cost us. I wouldn't write off the playoffs yet. We need to play very well, but you only need to string 3 or 4 wins together and the picture can change very quickly.

2 hours ago, MZH said:

I always thought Tony Smith would turn us around eventually but I really didn't expect it to happen until he'd had a full season in charge. I think you can trace it back to the Huddersfield game. We'd lost seven on the bounce and the players went off to a standing ovation at half time even though they weren't winning. He clearly used that to motivate the players and he's created a sense of unity at the club that I haven't seen in a very long time.

7 hours ago, Ullman said:

I always thought Tony Smith would turn us around eventually but I really didn't expect it to happen until he'd had a full season in charge. I think you can trace it back to the Huddersfield game. We'd lost seven on the bounce and the players went off to a standing ovation at half time even though they weren't winning. He clearly used that to motivate the players and he's created a sense of unity at the club that I haven't seen in a very long time.

I reckon you’re bang on there mate. The atmosphere at that game was fantastic, all he had to say was summat along the lines of “imagine what it would be like if we were to win this game”, well maybe a bit more than that but you know what I mean.

The full weekend was another fantastic experience but yesterday’s finale was really special as a Hull fan. If Adam Swift is to depart to Sale, as rumours seem to be suggesting, that’s one hell of a big hole to fill.

And all those who suggested they were underwhelmed about “NRL rejects” Hoy and Clifford must now be having a rethink.

When Josh Griffin returned from snapping his Achilles, he looked a shadow of the player he was. Obviously that was down to lack of confidence because now he looks easily back to his best, what a player and what a season he’s now having.

There we’re some special tries scored across the six games but Hoy’s kick return backed up by Swift leading up to Griffin’s second was right up there with the best.

Met some great RL folk over the two days and it was especially nice to see John M and his good lady again. After Wigan’s unfortunate showing I think Hull FC adopted them as honorary fans for the whole weekend.

Hull FC are probably still well in the lower half of the MW results table I imagine but it’s great to be addressing the balance at last.

Finally starting to feel quite good to be a black and white again.

• Like 2
                                                                  :kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

18 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

I reckon you’re bang on there mate. The atmosphere at that game was fantastic, all he had to say was summat along the lines of “imagine what it would be like if we were to win this game”, well maybe a bit more than that but you know what I mean.

The full weekend was another fantastic experience but yesterday’s finale was really special as a Hull fan. If Adam Swift is to depart to Sale, as rumours seem to be suggesting, that’s one hell of a big hole to fill.

And all those who suggested they were underwhelmed about “NRL rejects” Hoy and Clifford must now be having a rethink.

When Josh Griffin returned from snapping his Achilles, he looked a shadow of the player he was. Obviously that was down to lack of confidence because now he looks easily back to his best, what a player and what a season he’s now having.

There we’re some special tries scored across the six games but Hoy’s kick return backed up by Swift leading up to Griffin’s second was right up there with the best.

Met some great RL folk over the two days and it was especially nice to see John M and his good lady again. After Wigan’s unfortunate showing I think Hull FC adopted them as honorary fans for the whole weekend.

Hull FC are probably still well in the lower half of the MW results table I imagine but it’s great to be addressing the balance at last.

Finally starting to feel quite good to be a black and white again.

Clifford is a gem. Quality half back with lots of strings to his bow.

I was really pleased for Hoy. He had an absolute shocker against Salford and has been up and down in general and fans have been justified in questioning his place in the team imo with the emergence of Litten. But that game will give him loads of confidence. When Litten is fit he will go back on the wing imo.

I've said it already but the big thing for me is the mindset we have currently. We might not always have the quality to get a result, we might have off days, but I'm confident that this team will always fight hard and make their opponents earn it. For some clubs that's the bare minimum I know, but you know yourself, as a Hull fan we haven't been able to say that for a long time.

13 hours ago, getdownmonkeyman said:

Greg Minnikin; where to start?

He could probably go elsewhere and perform well, as a Leigh fan I did not want Oliver Holmes, Rob Mulhern or Josh Charnley, but Holmes is doing a good job if not spectacular, Mulhern must be one of the form props of the division with the performances he has put in, and Charnley having looked all washed up when he first came to Leigh in the Championship after virtually being thrown out by Powell - well his form now speaks for itself.

Seemingly Powell could not do what Mr Lam has done and get the best out of these players, and perhaps Minikin has got stale being with Powell for so long.

10 hours ago, MZH said:

Yeah the Saints game was a big missed chance, and we probably should have beaten Leigh too. The bad start cost us. I wouldn't write off the playoffs yet. We need to play very well, but you only need to string 3 or 4 wins together and the picture can change very quickly.

Should be a good game next Friday at the LSV, neither team is resembling in their play how they were in the fixture at Hull, if Hull believe Leigh are performing the same as in R6 back in March at the MKM and prepare accordingly they are in for a shock, as Hull has improved in recent weeks Leigh have been on an upward curve for much longer.

2 hours ago, MZH said:

Clifford is a gem. Quality half back with lots of strings to his bow.

The only thing I could criticise him for is his long kicking game which is basically a huge up and under more often than not. Having said that Hull need to persuade him to sign a long term deal but Hull being Hull they’ll probably drag their heels and some other club will come in for him.

12 hours ago, JohnM said:

Close call between the Salford result and this, the most pleasing result of the Magic Weekend for me. Ending in a real high. 👍

Nah the Catalans result was by far the most pleasing 😁

• Haha 2

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

32 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

The only thing I could criticise him for is his long kicking game which is basically a huge up and under more often than not. Having said that Hull need to persuade him to sign a long term deal but Hull being Hull they’ll probably drag their heels and some other club will come in for him.

Doubt that Leigh would swop Lachlan Lam for him.