Injured players

Wiggyroad

Although St John's  college  might have good facilities. The injuries over the last few seasons have been massively disremmentfull to the team and maybe its Time to pull away from some of their training facilities. The training surface seems to be causing the bulk of there injures .Something needs to change for next season as we can't  carry on like this. The more this carries on the less we can move on as a club

28 minutes ago, Wiggyroad said:

Although St John's  college  might have good facilities. The injuries over the last few seasons have been massively disremmentfull to the team and maybe it’s Time to pull away from some of their training facilities. The training surface seems to be causing the bulk of there injures .Something needs to change for next season as we can't  carry on like this. The more this carries on the less we can move on as a club

Yeah, let’s bin off some world class training facilities and go back to the school fields. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Just out of curiosity what happens if we genuinely don't have 17 fit players? do you only require 13 for the game to go ahead? Where does player welfare come into it, if you can't field a team do you forfeit it? What do the rfl do in those circumstances?

Sure you will know Andy.

4 minutes ago, Nige Arro said:

Just out of curiosity what happens if we genuinely don't have 17 fit players? do you only require 13 for the game to go ahead? Where does player welfare come into it, if you can't field a team do you forfeit it? What do the rfl do in those circumstances?

Sure you will know Andy.

Didn't the Knights go to Toulouse a few years ago and didn't have a full team?.

16 minutes ago, Nige Arro said:

Sure you will know Andy.

I think we took 12 (plus Ford & Spurr) to Toulouse in 2016 and 16 to Toronto in 2019 if I remember right. 

20 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

I think we took 12 (plus Ford & Spurr) to Toulouse in 2016 and 16 to Toronto in 2019 if I remember right. 

Spot on, Gav. I was 18th man in Toulouse 😆. Just got the nod ahead of Pete Martini and Andy Gomersall due to my searing pace!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 11/06/2023 at 11:54, Gav Wilson said:
  1. Marsh
  2. Edwards
  3. Glover
  4. Dee
  6. Harris
  7. Hingano
  8. Pauli
  11. Kirmond
  12. Antrobus
  13. Thompson 

Ooft. I've probably missed someone too.

A new entry at number 5, it's I Can't Believe It's Not Butterworth!

Just need Jubby & Fitzy to get injured Sunday and we've got a full house.

Edited by Simon Hall
  • Haha 2

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

On 11/06/2023 at 11:54, Gav Wilson said:
  1. Marsh
  2. Edwards
  3. Glover
  4. Dee
  6. Harris
  7. Hingano
  8. Pauli
  11. Kirmond
  12. Antrobus
  13. Thompson 

Ooft. I've probably missed someone too.

Sorry, just woken from a dream - this is our starting side for the Challenge Cup QF ? 😆

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what you need but choo choo still on loan at Donny we picked up three injuries in forwards last week at yours and haven't brought him back which tells me he's  not in SL's plans so a GOOD championship prop going begging

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, POR said:

I don't know what you need but choo choo still on loan at Donny we picked up three injuries in forwards last week at yours and haven't brought him back which tells me he's  not in SL's plans so a GOOD championship prop going begging

He'd be good for York.

• Like 1

Bit odd the Bass/Glover swap? Someone (maybe both of them) not happy? Thought Bass was good Championship 1 player who didn’t have quite the same impact in the Championship. That said, he seems to have done ok at Sheffield. Glover, good kicker on his day and brutal defender, but not the most creative or damaging attacking centre. So not that much in it for me, but not really a “next level player” which is what you need if you want to improve. 

• Like 1

I liked Bassy when we had him before I thought he improved tremendously from coming from Coventry till he left, always a good honest player never going to be a world beater but will always put in a shift, in this division that counts for a lot, look at Batley, no disrespect to them, but there are no out and out stars there but they put in big effort week in week out and play for each other. As for Glover he brought strength and goal kicking to the party but I don’t think we saw him at his best, on his his day I don’t suppose there is a better goal kicker but he did appear to lose his confidence a bit prior to getting injured. It would appear it is a loan deal and maybe what each player needs to get themselves back on track. 

• Like 1