Sun 18th Jun: CCQF: York Knights v Leigh Leopards KO 17:00 (Viaplay)

Who will win?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• York Knights
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/06/23 at 16:30

I like York rl, they seem to have done most things right, I hope for a good competitive game, a decent pay day for York and no doubt a Leigh win, which should also make them some money in a semi final.

A Hull v KR semi would also be nice but probably wont happen.

11 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

York to suffer a real hiding.

Other than us having an entire first team out, having to pad out the team with cannon fodder loans who've never even played Championship rugby and Leigh putting over 200 points on us last season when they were in the same division, what makes you think that?

I'll be glad when the final hooter has gone personally.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

17 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Supporters association bringing 6 coaches with another one or two from pubs , while that isn't the be and end all numbers wise , it usually gives a good indication of interest overall , I'd expect a thousand plus 

Get on the Knights Ale  from Brew York , it is stonkin.

• Like 2

Strong squad named by us with none of our big guns rested from the 21, suggests there aren't gonna be more than a couple of changes from our usual 17. Hoping Umyla Hanley gets a game as i'd like to get a better look at him in the team. Looking forward to my first trip over to Yorks new stadium for this one.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Strong squad named by us with none of our big guns rested from the 21, suggests there aren't gonna be more than a couple of changes from our usual 17. Hoping Umyla Hanley gets a game as i'd like to get a better look at him in the team. Looking forward to my first trip over to Yorks new stadium for this one.

Will be interesting to see if O'Donnell plays, after coming off against Hull. Surprised not to see Keenan Brand in the 21. Think / hope that it will be a similar 17 to recent weeks, but with likes of Wilde getting more minutes, maybe some game time for Smith as well, reducing the number of minutes for Ipape to something more like what he was doing last season.

5 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Will be interesting to see if O'Donnell plays, after coming off against Hull. Surprised not to see Keenan Brand in the 21. Think / hope that it will be a similar 17 to recent weeks, but with likes of Wilde getting more minutes, maybe some game time for Smith as well, reducing the number of minutes for Ipape to something more like what he was doing last season.

I can see Nisbett coming in for O'Donnell, Hanley in for one of the wingers and maybe even Smith starting 9 with Ipape on the bench like last season. I'd personally be giving Asiata and O'Donnell a rest as minimum with Davis 13, Nisbett 11.

1 hour ago, Expatknight said:

sadly it will be more like 136!!!!

Not a problem, after sun we still have 2 chances to follow York to Wembley, valkeryie and knights in the 1895 semi's in July 🍾

11 minutes ago, meast said:

Leigh to put their feet up and enjoy their bye to the semi final.

York have a chance to show just why there was a clamour to get them in super league at the expense of Salford or Huddersfield not so long ago.

Give us 1.5m of sky money every year and see how we do. 

• Like 9

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

14 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Of course they will they want the big boys at Wembley and they wonder why the final attendances are down. It was the be all and end all Wembley when a lot more teams had a chance  to get there. But then came SL to make us better to compete with Australia and New Zealand  -----

Yep there used to be thousands go from York as well as all the other clubs outside the top flight. Trips were booked before the season started. You never knew who you’d be watching. Then came sky and super league!!!!!

• Like 5

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

1 hour ago, DEANO said:

Yep there used to be thousands go from York as well as all the other clubs outside the top flight. Trips were booked before the season started. You never knew who you’d be watching. Then came sky and super league!!!!!

Went every year for weekend from 1973 to early 90's but got sick of seeing Wigan. Been an handfull of times since.

• Like 2

One thing I really don’t understand about some so called supporters of this great game of ours is the glee they take in seeing teams either humiliated on the field or when a team falls on hard times how they gloat at their misfortune hoping they go bust and disappear, when really we should be trying to make sure all our teams survive and thrive and the expansionist teams grow and develop a good fan base or sadly the game will die. It cannot be all about the chosen few, if you look back not too many years Wigan were in the 2 nd division as it was then, Cas have been there and numerous other so called top clubs have been hanging by a thread. I applaud Leigh’s owner for what he has done there it is nothing short of miraculous, but again there were plenty of nay sayers out there hoping the ballon would burst, it is very sad. The game is better for having teams like Midland Hurricanes, Cornwall, Toulouse, Catalans, Newcastle and London as well as the traditional clubs.

Tomorrow there is very little chance of York pulling off a victory but the guys who do turn out will give 100% which is all anyone can ask, we are doing it tough at the moment and maybe we will get a thrashing but everyone who pulls on the Amber and black will do so with pride, and who knows, a miracle may happen, it is the Challenge Cup after all, who would have thought Sheffield Eagles would be among the illustrious few who have held the trophy.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

Hope not,not good for the game at any level. 

Not much you can do about it when you have inter divisional fixtures. As someone who has been on the losing side of many of these one sided cup ties, it never really bothered me in the slightest. You knew going into the match you were in for a pasting on the score board but you can still take joy in the little moments such as defensive efforts and the odd try, not to mention a bigger than usual crowd/atmosphere. I remember Leeds coming to the LSV with a mostly full strength team in 2012 and it finished 60-12 but all I came away thinking about was the try we scored which went through about 10 pairs of hands and was a cracking team try.

• Like 1