Thur 29th Jun : SL: Warrington Wolves v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/06/23 at 19:30

What's interesting about this game is that I get the impression that the pressure is on Warrington to perform, which is interesting as its much more of a must win game for Leeds than it is for the side in second spot!

If Leeds take confidence from hammering Huddersfield we could go on to win this comfortably but the problem is Leeds are just as capable of throwing up a shocker of a performance.

I think Leeds forwards might be too strong for Warrington which is a complete turn around from game one of the season.

Apparently Gil Dudson made 15metres from 4 carries in his last game, that's a shocking stat

1 hour ago, Thunder Road said:

Another difficult to judge game due to absent players..I will go for Wire...

Leeds are actually fairly healthy at the moment, we've only really got Newman missing that really makes a difference.

Holroyd and MacDonald coming back in adds a lot to the Leeds side.

2 hours ago, johnh1 said:

Be good to see Leeds on the TV again. It's been a while. Even my missus who takes a passing interest in RL has asked why Leeds are always on the telly.

If you're happy to take a further cut in the TV contract to allow some of the poorer rating teams to get on tv more often I'm sure Sky could oblige.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, M j M said:

If you're happy to take a further cut in the TV contract to allow some of the poorer rating teams to get on tv more often I'm sure Sky could oblige.

Just as an aside, can you tell me if the home team in a TV game receive a payment from Sky.  This isn't a loaded question, I'm just curious to know.

1 hour ago, M j M said:

It would have been nice to have seen Catalan v Leigh last week. And I'm sure the ratings would have better than seeing Leeds every week.

1 hour ago, Faithful1865 said:

Just as an aside, can you tell me if the home team in a TV game receive a payment from Sky.  This isn't a loaded question, I'm just curious to know.

No, I don't think they receive anything extra.

• Like 1

I actually fancy Leeds to win this one. Wire don’t look right at all and it feels like the pressure is building on the players and Powell. The halfback absences could really cost Wire in the short term. 

Leeds by 8

7 hours ago, Alffi 7 said:

I have zero confidence that we will win this one, Leeds by plenty. We’re not a happy ship atm, fallout from McGuire causing problems I hear.

I have no idea whether there is any unhappiness in the camp regarding Mcguire, I think that's an easy thing to blame. In reality, we are demonstrating exactly the same behaviours as last year, despite having a clear out of our apparently toxic players. The likes of Hughes, Mulhern, Charnley, King don't seem too miserable at their new places. 

I think there is a real lack of resilience and flexibility within the team. I think we've had a real over-reliance on Williams and he can't do it all on his won. I've made the point before that many of our scores come from individual class, or breakaway tries as we have some real pace. 

As soon as we've had some injury issues and have had to start rotating players, we've become much weaker - we can't just have a strong 17 and not know how to adapt. The answer can't be that Matautia just covers every position. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I have no idea whether there is any unhappiness in the camp regarding Mcguire, I think that's an easy thing to blame. In reality, we are demonstrating exactly the same behaviours as last year, despite having a clear out of our apparently toxic players. The likes of Hughes, Mulhern, Charnley, King don't seem too miserable at their new places. 

I think there is a real lack of resilience and flexibility within the team. I think we've had a real over-reliance on Williams and he can't do it all on his won. I've made the point before that many of our scores come from individual class, or breakaway tries as we have some real pace. 

As soon as we've had some injury issues and have had to start rotating players, we've become much weaker - we can't just have a strong 17 and not know how to adapt. The answer can't be that Matautia just covers every position. 

Seems to cover it all that, only thing I would add is too have some confidence in some of the youngsters when things are not working ie like wrench and thewlis the promise they show outweighs the mistakes they make.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

It could well be people passing on their own assumptions rather than fact, and Vaughan still seems to be banging out decent stats despite apparently being unhappy so hopefully it's not the case. Dufty on the other hand...

I agree & I always think we suffer more from injuries because of that over reliance on big names.  When looking at the likes of Salford & Hull KR particularly, they play almost as well when they have players missing as they do at full strength, which has to be credit to the coaching staff and the players flexibility / toughness.  The gap between Wire on a good day and Wire on a bad day is huge, literally from one of the best best teams in the comp to worst team in the comp, there is just no consistency.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Seems to cover it all that, only thing I would add is too have some confidence in some of the youngsters when things are not working ie like wrench and thewlis the promise they show outweighs the mistakes they make.

The way he has used Green (or not) is just weird... 

• Like 1