Fibrus Community Stadium

townie88

Thoughts on renaming the stadium?

Are these new sponsors on board for the short term, or to see us into the new stadium (whenever that happens)? Personally I think we need all the funding we can get and if renaming the stadium is how to do it, so be it 

• Like 5

I prefer how some of the North American teams deal with this by adopting ‘Fibrus Stadium at Derwent Park’ approach. That way you can retain the heritage element while receiving the funding. Too many Derwent memories to have the name ‘lost’

I abhor the ‘Crown Oil Arena’  at Rochdale ….and of course Hornets dont receive any of that funding...it all goes to a minor league football team.

• Like 1

It’s the modern way with sports stadiums and any investment in these times has got to be a big plus. 
We only have a very small board of directors but they are certainly trying to ensure the future of the club in these challenging times, well done to them! 

• Like 7

Superb work by the board, especially in a time where most companies are reigning in sponsorship. Stadium naming has never bothered me, can call it whatever the hell they want if it brings in money, it will still be Derwent Park.

Interesting to see if this is a long term aim of the company with a view to sponsoring the new ground, I don't think Reds have a stadium sponsor at the moment do they? Maybe this is about getting in early etc.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Haven Rugby League said:

Fiberous will be bust in 12-18 month 

The most ironic thing ever written on this forum..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

1 hour ago, Haven Rugby League said:

What a strange post,especially as a Haven fan given the way things are going financially at the club.

Well done on securing what looks like a great sponsorship deal.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Haven Rugby League said:

Looking at the relevant details regarding finance I am sure that Haven will go bust a hell of a lot sooner than Fibrus.

you are a jealous sad person.

UTT🔵⚪

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Haven Rugby League said:

I see the Haven GoFundMe page is going well - only £3,500 raised against £12,000 target in over 3 weeks. Now, tell me about companies going bust again ?

• Haha 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

2 minutes ago, Derwent said:

I see the Haven GoFundMe page is going well - only £3,500 raised against £12,000 target in over 3 weeks. Now, tell me about companies going bust again ?

C’mon Derwent your better than that,most Championship/L1 clubs are facing increasingly difficult times with the drastic reduction in central funding & general running costs.

,I believe the go fund page was set up by a fan & not the club but the Haven supporters like Town’s have dug deep in the past to help their clubs.

• Like 2