The 2024 Kit Thread

While I am all in favour of a black kit,  It looks moree like a polo shirt and should have a chevron.

No sponsor perhaps an errea...

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

5 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

Umm ok… dare I say having a sponsor would make this a far nicer prospect?

They claim it will have sponsors on it when it eventually ships. It's pre-order only currently.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

15 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

They claim it will have sponsors on it when it eventually ships. It's pre-order only currently.

I am going to hold off buying a black t-shirt until I can at least see what the sponsors will look like on it (Not that I am all that hopeful of having actual sponsors other than Betfred, etc!)

Hoping for a better effort on the away kit ..

Great the club have done this Black Friday sale.. On the two products.. (technically 1, junior & adult shirt).

After everything that has happened regarding London since the final whistle in Toulouse, I was at least hoping for a good shirt for next year 🤦‍♂️

26 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

They should have just went with one of these... timeless classic

I still prefer the quartered LB shirt. Probably more from it coinciding with one of our better periods of our history.

I'm too fat for my one from a few years ago now, so I need a new one 😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

I think I mentioned this a few weeks back but new font next year for the names and  numbers

Whenever I look at fans customising the numbers/names on the back of shirts - I always think about a story of one of our fans back in the Harlequins days that did it - the shop asked for what they wanted, and then asked for their name as well.

He ended up with the number 13 and his first & last name on the back of his shirt instead of what he actually wanted written there. It was always quite funny that season seeing hsi full name while he as walking around the ground that season.

10 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

I think I mentioned this a few weeks back but new font next year for the names and  numbers

You'd think it would be impossible to get that wrong, really.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

The outline around the numbers is fine. Take it away from the letters and it’d look much better

You're probably right. I'm not much of an expert on fonts but with the lines around the names the writing looks tacky and likely to be hard to read. The former is personal taste (I think it just looks nasty) but the latter is, I think, a problem.

I agree it looks fine for the numbers.

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

You're probably right. I'm not much of an expert on fonts but with the lines around the names the writing looks tacky and likely to be hard to read. The former is personal taste (I think it just looks nasty) but the latter is, I think, a problem.

I’m not an expert either. The letters just look too busy. It’s just wordart rubbish

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

They may have gone with it because of clubs going for shirts with patterns all over it to try make the names snd numbers actually stand out more.

Not a fan of that kind of treatment to fonts though it does as stated make them look cheap.

if i could be bothered it eould be interesting to see the stules weve had throughout SL. Think the font around 2012 was particularly poor it was a rounded style and looked cheap like next years.

19 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

Umm ok… dare I say having a sponsor would make this a far nicer prospect?

Guaranteed 23 page thread about whichever sponsor that does land, if any, is not a household name, too local, too foreign, aren’t paying enough, is too big to see, too small to see, or the wrong colour combo. 

• Haha 2

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

5 hours ago, The 4 of Us said:

Guaranteed 23 page thread about whichever sponsor that does land, if any, is not a household name, too local, too foreign, aren’t paying enough, is too big to see, too small to see, or the wrong colour combo. 

Looking at the standard of our sponsors for the last ... 10? years, any sponsor is better than nothing. 

We didn't even have a main shirt sponsor last year until the playoffs.

I guess that also helps for just having what is essentially a black t-shirt.. Most sponsors should be able to integrate onto it relatively easily. 

49 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I don't mind that London shirt at all. Sometimes less is more. 

Far better than some of the acid trip shirts we've seen in the past.

I think if it was finished I. E. Had sponsors etc it may look like a professional shirt, but it's plain nature really just highlights the fa t that the club has nobody signed up. 

• Like 5