Fri 28th Jul: SL: St Helens v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/07/23 at 19:30

1 minute ago, Agbrigg said:

If I was a Leeds supporter I would be frustrated to Hell with Cameron Smith.  Their attack would be so much better if he wasn't on the field

He’s awful. Once he gets the ball the play stops.

Well, that's nearly 2 hours of my life I won't get back again....and believe me, that's important at my age. Saints yet again get away with a number of forward passes. I hold no brief for Leeds at all, but it's a shame their honest endeavour was not rewarded by a victory.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ragingbull said:

1st game after losing a CC semi final and the Saints players doing a lap of honour?  Whats all that about?

Don’t most teams walk round the pitch clapping the fans after the game?

4 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

He’s only 22. He’ll make mistakes. But he’s box office and will win far more games due to his class.

I think he's an outstanding talent. At first I was a little sceptical, as I have seen far too many young players overhyped by Sky, but over the last couple of years he has proved he isn't just a flash in the pan and is the real deal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JohnM said:

Well, that's nearly 2 hours of my life I won't get back again....and believe me, that's important at my age. Saints yet again get away with a number of forward passes. I hold no brief for Leeds at all, but it's a shame their honest endeavour was not rewarded by a victory.

How can you say Saints got away with forward passes ?  I never heard them shouting it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Damien said:

I think he's an outstanding talent. At first I was a little sceptical, as I have seen far too many young players overhyped by Sky, but over the last couple of years he has proved he isn't just a flash in the pan and is the real deal.

Unfortunately the sport has no idea how to sell that sort of star quality to the wider public.

• Like 1

Great game from two commited teams Hopoate and Bells best performance in a saints shirt and Knowles playing how he should. The difference in the teams was Welsby though. Leeds have some tough young forwards coming through. 

• Like 1

That Leeds done playoff wise? Fine margins, they weren't far off winning that at all. I know people annoyed saying Sky raving about Welsby but he was probably the difference tonight. Enjoyable game. 

I know it's probably been mentioned in the previous 9 pages but what happened to the pitch?

Great game with some excellent tries.

One question as I don't know the rules - the bit where Leeds kicked it high and they had three players offside. I get they were offside because they were in front of the kicker, but they replayed the action and I thought the ball then bounced and went to a completely different Leeds player (one that wasn't initially offside). Is that not OK?