Castleford’s New Coach

44 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

If you were Powell, would you rather go to Cas (on the downward and likely to get relegated) or Fev (on the upward and favourite to get promoted.

Suppose one has more pressure than the other.

Powell won't be coming to Fev, think bridges were well and truly burned last time. We've appointed James Ford as head coach until the end of the season. Most of us predicted Long would soon be for the chop when Ford was announced as DoR. 

• Like 1

Will be either Kear on a short term keep us up type contract or Ward on a contract beyond this year, regardless of relegation.

Powell would be an outside punt.

Lingard after the Batley final probably the last genuine possibility.

Ward would be my choice.

I think clubs should be awarded an A,B or C depending on how often they recycle some of the usual suspects. 

Appreciate that it’s a limited pot to pick from but surely they need to expect more from themselves. 

Doing same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome is the definition of something I heard. 

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

22 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Surely a short term appointment? Isn't Lingard going there next year?

Lingard is already there. The Batley role takes priority until the end of the season if there is a clash. 

• Thanks 1

Kear until the end of the season with any permanent appointment dependant upon if they stay up.

If they get relegated then Lingard as Coach with Kear as DoR would be my guess.

If they stay up then Kear as DoR with AN Other as Coach which may still be Lingard.

Well I am sat patiently by the phone hoping to get the call to coach my home town team.

If I do get the nod, it will take me an around a week to book a flight and get over there.  But don’t fear.  My wife is in Cas at the moment visiting her Father so she could take training until I get there.  The only problem is that she does 2 Zumba classes a week, along with 2 Pump sessions and a HIIT session.  So she might bu$$er them out before I get there!

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Well I am sat patiently by the phone hoping to get the call to coach my home town team.

If I do get the nod, it will take me an around a week to book a flight and get over there.  But don’t fear.  My wife is in Cas at the moment visiting her Father so she could take training until I get there.  The only problem is that she does 2 Zumba classes a week, along with 2 Pump sessions and a HIIT session.  So she might bu$$er them out before I get there!

They already do yoga so probably wouldn't take much else...

11 hours ago, Andrewj said:

Just my opinion and having followed the Championship with Leigh for many years. Craig Lingard is a far superior coach than Danny Ward. Wrong choice me thinks !!

Can I ask why you think he "is a far superior coach" ? What has Ward done to not think he has huge potential as a coach. He was promoted to SL during a time when Toronto were outspending everyone, and he almost kept London in SL with a team that wasn't even closely comparable in terms of salary cap spend with other SL teams.

• Like 1

I'm past caring - might as well just give it to McSHane until the end of the year as he's out injured

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

11 hours ago, Andrewj said:

Just my opinion and having followed the Championship with Leigh for many years. Craig Lingard is a far superior coach than Danny Ward. Wrong choice me thinks !!

Ward got a team promoted to Super League with a budget run on the smell of an oily rag, coached against Super League sides for a year, and then almost kept Broncos up on a shoestring squad with a points total which would have survived in any other year. 

Linguard is a good coach I'm sure, but Ward has the evidence. I think Linguard has a 2.5 year contract as assistant at Cas, so presumably what we're looking at here is a "dream team" anyway? Sounds like a good call to me. 

• Like 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

3 hours ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Ross Strudwick wife Lisa would have been able to do it ,she used to take the Crusaders (Pre Broncos) players for step classes at Crystal Palace they were mainly totally dead after one of her sessions.

Paul 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Click said:

Can I ask why you think he "is a far superior coach" ? What has Ward done to not think he has huge potential as a coach. He was promoted to SL during a time when Toronto were outspending everyone, and he almost kept London in SL with a team that wasn't even closely comparable in terms of salary cap spend with other SL teams.

Danny is a great coach and your comments are spot on although i would be very surprised as he is very settled down in Surrey with his wife they love it down here.