Halifax Panthers - 1895 Cup final 17:30

Keep The Faith

I hope that all of you folk have a great weekend, enjoy the Wembley experience, cheer on your lads loud and proud and soak up what should be a very special atmosphere.

Do watch out for those dodgy geezers though, who I hear hang about the city looking for wide-eyed Northern innocents to exploit.

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Could only dream of seeing this happen!

As for the result, who cares

WE'RE GOING TO WEMBLEY 

I ain't going to predict it  just enjoy it!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Now my ban has been finally lifted🤔

I can wish you guys all the best, enjoy your special day out at Wembley and saviour every moment, and bring the trophy home to the Heavy Woollen area and make it 2 trophies there this season between us. 

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

• Like 5

proud to be Batley tonight.

always will be.

thank you boys.

irs been a ride I'll never forget.

• Like 6

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

8 minutes ago, il cattivo said:

proud to be Batley tonight.

always will be.

thank you boys.

irs been a ride I'll never forget.

Much to be proud of.👋

• Like 1
Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

We battled back but a poor first half cost us in the end. A thoroughly enjoyable day, and one to remember. 

• Like 5

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Thought the halifax try was a poor one to concede we weren't switched on! A poor first half and the 3 penalties we conceded were the difference! There was nothing between the 2 teams defensively both very strong, our second half effort especially the last 20 was outstanding and what a try, unfortunately we just fell Short today but a great day out and lots to be proud about for the gallant youths first ever trip to wembley! Hopefully not the last! Well done to everyone today team staff and the fans! UP THE MIGHTY BULLDOGS! 

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 4

Horrible start by batley first 5 sets completed 1 think to go in then half time 8-0 somewhat looking like Batleys day rode the wave. 

as been said pens was the difference the two batley tried was brilliant what a ball for the first one and the second one summed batley up the never give up attitude keep it a live. Shame he didn’t kick it at the end.

chin up good luck for the rest of the season 🥁hopefully we meet one more time in the play offs 

• Like 1

A wonderful effort by the whole team. The start could not have been worse and nerves probably caused the first half error count to be way higher than normal but once we settled into our game I felt we were always in with a chance.  0-8 at half time was something I thought we could overcome. Halifax on defence were very good but on attack, despite the comments that the wide Wembley pitch would suit them, their faster backs would find gaps and run us ragged, well , their attack was totally stifled. They never looked like scoring again except from penalties. We were perhaps too conservative for too long but once we decided to start throwing the ball around we always looked dangerous. The Hodson pass to Morton was exceptional and the last minute scrambling and basketball style play was unbelievable. What a finish! Felt sorry for Hooley with that kick. Worst possible angle, the pressure and tension, it only just faded to the left. We would, I am sure have won if if had gone over and taken us to golden point. But it didn't. Congratulations to Halifax but thanks to all our players, they gave everything in that second half and can be rightly proud of their efforts. We'll be back!

• Like 7

None of your players disappointed - they left everything out there.

I hope that you all had a great day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.