Leigh Kit

Refine the badge so its more digital and embroidery friendly.

Home kit of red & white hoops with subtle nods of leopard print in the trim.

Away and Magic/Cup/charity - literally go wild...

Do that and I reckon they've nailed it. The fans have clearly bought in so fair play to all concerned! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Do that and I reckon they've nailed it. The fans have clearly bought in so fair play to all concerned! 

How about a white shirt with red leopard print hoops? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

I’ll be very surprised if it’s back to red and white hoops next season. One of the whole points of the rebrand is to have a different brand to Wigan.

Red and black is more likely, similar to the summer bash last year. 

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

Matt Haines did an excellent design for them. Both logo and kit. 

• Like 1

Leigh went for a radical overhaul and the fans appear to have circled the wagons and embraced it.

You can do a lot more merchandise and marketing with it than with the traditional kit.

The beauty is that the hoops can be retained in limited edition retro releases and earn the club income in that sense.

Fortune favoured the brave on this one.

• Like 1

I genuinely think they've got a great opportunity to go all in with the leopard print. You're never gonna get a better chance at a successful sporting rebrand than they've just got. If they go back to tradition, they'll lose a lot of what they've just gained here.

Get the stadium seats redone to leopard spots ASAP. Or jungle colours 🤣

• Like 1
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

6 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I genuinely think they've got a great opportunity to go all in with the leopard print. You're never gonna get a better chance at a successful sporting rebrand than they've just got. If they go back to tradition, they'll lose a lot of what they've just gained here.

Get the stadium seats redone to leopard spots ASAP. Or jungle colours 🤣

Have the stewards dressed as Safari Park Rangers while they’re at it.

• Haha 6

40 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Leigh went for a radical overhaul and the fans appear to have circled the wagons and embraced it.

You can do a lot more merchandise and marketing with it than with the traditional kit.

The beauty is that the hoops can be retained in limited edition retro releases and earn the club income in that sense.

Fortune favoured the brave on this one.

The biggest factor in a rebrand is success on the field. Leigh having a successful season on the field, even before their Challenge Cup win, made the rebrand work. If they had gone a few games without a win and were adrift at the foot of the table then it would be a different story. The same kind of thing happened with Leeds in late 1990s where a club on the rise and silverware saw the Rhinos moniker work despite initial opposition.

• Like 3

The leopard print is not so much the issue it's how poorly designed the kit it. Sponsors logos and badge don't look right and the back of the shirts look terrible. I don't know whether that's down to a branding company or Ellgren but I think anyone half decent could design a very nice shirt while also sticking to the branding 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

The leopard print is not so much the issue it's how poorly designed the kit it. Sponsors logos and badge don't look right and the back of the shirts look terrible. I don't know whether that's down to a branding company or Ellgren but I think anyone half decent could design a very nice shirt while also sticking to the branding 

This. I never had an issue with the idea if the rebrand. I actually thought  Leopards was quite good and the reasons behind it well-meaning. The execution was just so embarrassingly amateur.

I think better execution would make a cracking jersey that could sell well to a lot of new fans they could pick up on the back of this story. If it's ######, they've missed a big opportunity.

• Like 3
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Having been to the final as a neutral (Wigan fan, tickets bought as Christmas present) it certainly felt that the Leigh fans were all in on the rebrand look as at least 90% of those in merchandise had either the new kit/leopard print bucket hats/Wember Leigh t-shirts rather than older traditional design shirts.

I reckon it really pulled in the female fans to kit up who might not have wore a replica shirt.

The whole thing could’ve easily tanked had they not had a strong on field performance this year but they went bold and to their credit it has been a big success.

• Like 5

I loved seeing all the Leigh fans in their different leopard print attire yesterday, ladies and blokes, they were all loving it. I thought the re-brand was ghastly when they did it but can now see that it’s been great, long may it continue. 

• Like 1

The initial rebrand thread (RIP) was one of the funniest in the 20 years I’ve been on this forum. 

That said even the people who were properly ripping the (myself included) were slaughtering the Jaguar on the front, anus on the back, social media/website mess and seemingly hourly tinkering with the logo- rather then the idea of rebranding to Leopards. 

They rolled with it, owned it and won in it, so long live the Leopardskin. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As a professional Marketeer, I was horrified when the whole Leopard thing was announced and aghast when shirts etc were sold......but I take my criticisms back.

Stand up Derek Beaumont and take a bow!

If you're gonna do it, then do it big and fair play to him. He's spent large on players and been very very Savvy with the marketing and no matter what happens now, they're the Leigh Leopards, the 2023 Challenge Cup finalists and I doubt a single one of their fans has a complaint about the Bet Lynch jokes etc.....roll on the play offs where nobody will fancy playing them!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Gomersall said:

How about a white shirt with red leopard print hoops? 

Fans have already mentioned this but I feel its History. 

With so much money being made from Merch and record shirt sales etc, I feel the red and white hoops have gone. 

Wigan can keep the kit we borrowed them all them years ago 😂😂

• Haha 1

Really liked the CC final kit, thought it looked great on the players, I know it’s been popular it sold out quickly, the club must be a doing a bomb in merchandise.

Theres no way the club will go back on the Leopard print now, I really hope they do something along the lines of these club Polo’s as they are superb.

A5909321-0945-43A5-BDEE-16B087A39CC1.jpeg

F70F168E-AFE7-4D2D-B6F6-AD1F899A2B52.jpeg