Featherstone Rovers 2024 Squad

marklaspalmas

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

I think other Championship clubs will not be happy at losing revenue as our away support will be well down on previous years.

IMG benefit. Why boost crowd numbers to improve competitors scores.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

27 minutes ago, Catflap said:

What's the league leaders shield worth? It's got Fev really far in years gone by... NOT!

I can't disagree mate

All that money burned in pursuit of the promised land of super league

That's now gone, aim is now be the biggest fish you can in a sea of sharks that has no viable return for investment 🤔

2 hours ago, coolie said:

Bookies have you at 75/1

With Swinton, Whitehaven, Dewsbury, Batley🤔😉😉

For the League Leaders shield 😊

That’s about right ,I’ve said before Fev won’t make the  top 4 in 2024 ,in Ford they have a poor coach ,and crowds will drop as the season Progresses, they will be behind Wakey ,Toulouse , Bradford , and Fax .Ask Suggy .

8 hours ago, Catflap said:

What's the league leaders shield worth? It's got Fev really far in years gone by... NOT!

None of it matters next year we can win the league, playoffs and challenge cup but still won’t be allowed to be promoted so we just have to chill and enjoy the rugby because that’s all that’s left.

• Like 4

On 01/12/2023 at 15:19, marklaspalmas said:

From all of last year's departing players only Ford and Chisholm have not announced plans.

Apparently 

Johnathon Ford has penned a deal running until the end of the 2023/24 season with French Elite Championship outfit Limoux Grizzlies following his departure from Featherstone Rovers, according to reports across the Channel.

1 hour ago, Coralinejones said:

This signing is not very impressive , the guy has played inthe lower leagues , Fev are now signing anybody who can walk .

What part of the headline    Featherstone Rovers snap up Super League forward Wellington Albert don't you understand  

8 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

A good signing. See, it's not all doom and gloom!

I'm not all doom and gloom, more a realist.

As it stands at the moment we don't have a full side. In the past few days we have lost 2 players we were expecting to re-sign (Hankinson and Longstaff) and have signed one reasonably good player.

We have just 6 backs, 7 if you count Josh, who I don't expect to play in the backs, and expect him to be eased gently back in.

The forwards are starting to come along, but we are still 3 or 4 short as a minimum. I understand we have some players on trial, but I doubt we will be looking at a starting centre being a trialist. Our first game is just 7 weeks away and players need time training together to create understandings.

I have little to no confidence that the DR with HKR will work even half as well as the one with Leeds did.

I expect the attendances will drop, I would be really surprised if we are not in the top 3 or 4 in overall matchday income, from membership, match tickets and food / drink sales. Bearing in mind they are selling memberships on the back of being a top 6 side, with the highest membership prices, even higher than a lot of SL sides.

I don't expect us to throw the money that Wakefield and Bradford obviously are, and fully understand we are working on a reduced budget. I look at some of the other squads, and I think we may struggle, especially if we pick up a couple of injuries. I would love to be proved wrong.

Will I still go to as many matches as I am available to attend, yes... and I will probably enjoy more of them not fearing if we are going to lose, as I expect to lose some. It may make some of the wins that bit sweeter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coralinejones said:

This signing is not very impressive , the guy has played inthe lower leagues , Fev are now signing anybody who can walk .

Nine posts, all concerning Featherstone and all having a pop or trying to put the boot in.

Not very impressive.

• Like 3

According to our biggest fan from Bradford

Former Bradford Bulls player and Jamaican International Keenen Tomlinson is set to sign with Featherstone Rovers. It's no secret that the back row has been training with the West Yorkshire club since his failure to agree terms with the Keighley Cougars.

8 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

I'm not all doom and gloom, more a realist.

As it stands at the moment we don't have a full side. In the past few days we have lost 2 players we were expecting to re-sign (Hankinson and Longstaff) and have signed one reasonably good player.

We have just 6 backs, 7 if you count Josh, who I don't expect to play in the backs, and expect him to be eased gently back in.

The forwards are starting to come along, but we are still 3 or 4 short as a minimum. I understand we have some players on trial, but I doubt we will be looking at a starting centre being a trialist. Our first game is just 7 weeks away and players need time training together to create understandings.

I have little to no confidence that the DR with HKR will work even half as well as the one with Leeds did.

I expect the attendances will drop, I would be really surprised if we are not in the top 3 or 4 in overall matchday income, from membership, match tickets and food / drink sales. Bearing in mind they are selling memberships on the back of being a top 6 side, with the highest membership prices, even higher than a lot of SL sides.

I don't expect us to throw the money that Wakefield and Bradford obviously are, and fully understand we are working on a reduced budget. I look at some of the other squads, and I think we may struggle, especially if we pick up a couple of injuries. I would love to be proved wrong.

Will I still go to as many matches as I am available to attend, yes... and I will probably enjoy more of them not fearing if we are going to lose, as I expect to lose some. It may make some of the wins that bit sweeter.

I've just had a look at admission prices and it says +16 - £20 but doesn't have a lesser price for +65, so i wonder if that's going to be across the board instead of the £25 and £20 as was stated end of last season, children under 16 are £5. I couldn't see many paying £25 so maybe the club feel the same ?