Sat 30th Sept: SL Elim: St Helens v Warrington Wolves KO 12:45 (Sky & C4)

Who will win?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/09/23 at 12:15

5 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

its not Warringtons year then?

For the 68th successive season.

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left

This species has amused itself to death

9 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Walmsley took 4 steps before playing the ball then , what's going on ?

The same as goes on every time Walmsley play the ball. He's a good player but I do wish the referees would pick up on what every man and his dog can see, or at least explain to us poor ignorant non-whistle-blowing types why it's OK to step off the mark and put the defence on the back foot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Saw the first half but missed the second. I was surprised in all honesty, in that first period, with how passive Saints defence was. I didn’t feel like it got anything like as intense as the Leigh game at the TW 2/3 weeks ago. It did feel a bit like they were comfortable in the game though and decided to hold a bit back for next week at Catalans. 

I’ve read varying opinions on the Walmsley tackle, so I’ve just dug it out in the C4 replay and had a look at it and I’d love to say ‘get him banned’ but talk about a none event! What is Walmsley meant to do? He can’t help being 6ft 5 and the Wire man runs in to his shoulder. I hope they ban him but they definitely shouldn’t. 

8 hours ago, WN83 said:

Saw the first half but missed the second. I was surprised in all honesty, in that first period, with how passive Saints defence was. I didn’t feel like it got anything like as intense as the Leigh game at the TW 2/3 weeks ago. It did feel a bit like they were comfortable in the game though and decided to hold a bit back for next week at Catalans. 

I’ve read varying opinions on the Walmsley tackle, so I’ve just dug it out in the C4 replay and had a look at it and I’d love to say ‘get him banned’ but talk about a none event! What is Walmsley meant to do? He can’t help being 6ft 5 and the Wire man runs in to his shoulder. I hope they ban him but they definitely shouldn’t. 

What's he supposed to do? Maybe not hit the attacking player in the head with his shoulder. He was third man in, Crowther was going down, there was no reason for him to get involved. I don't think it was deliberate, but it was careless.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, WN83 said:

On Walmsley your spot on , no intent , but as you say , there was contact , so unfortunately he has to be careful , the player wasn't running at Alex though , he was stationary , Alex came in as third man and caught him , correct decision for the yellow , no further action 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

What's he supposed to do? Maybe not hit the attacking player in the head with his shoulder. He was third man in, Crowther was going down, there was no reason for him to get involved. I don't think it was deliberate, but it was careless.

No reason to get involved? What, other than making a tackle in a knock out play off game? Go and play that at full speed and the ‘no reason to get involved’ comment looks bonkers. Two players make contact initially, Bell falls off his ankles and it’s a split second before Walmsley goes up top to finish the tackle off. The momentum of Crowther isn’t stopped and he simply raps him up.

Accidents happen and unfortunately he goes in to Walmsleys chest/shoulder. The game will be tick and pass if we carry on looking at dozens of slow motion replays to find fault. Just watching the NRL GF and they’d laugh themselves silly at that being a pen and yellow card. 

In saying all that, get him banned! (Even if it would be a joke). 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, WN83 said:

No reason to get involved? What, other than making a tackle in a knock out play off game? Go and play that at full speed and the ‘no reason to get involved’ comment looks bonkers. Two players make contact initially, Bell falls off his ankles and it’s a split second before Walmsley goes up top to finish the tackle off. The momentum of Crowther isn’t stopped and he simply raps him up.

Accidents happen and unfortunately he goes in to Walmsleys chest/shoulder. The game will be tick and pass if we carry on looking at dozens of slow motion replays to find fault. Just watching the NRL GF and they’d laugh themselves silly at that being a pen and yellow card. 

In saying all that, get him banned! (Even if it would be a joke). 

Shoulder to head contact , penalty 

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Shoulder to head contact , penalty 

Can live with a penalty, on the basis that they’re scared to death about future repercussions on head knocks but a yellow? Not a chance IMO. I saw somebody mention it being similar to Shorrocks in the cup semi somewhere but it was nothing like that bad for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WN83 said:

Just watching the NRL GF and they’d laugh themselves silly at that being a pen and yellow 

Perfect timing there, as we've just seen an almost identical challenge in the final, and it was just no penalty, play on.

• Like 1

There have been loads of soft penalties and yellow cards in the NRL this year.  Just because they change the level of tolerance for the Grand Final doesn't change that.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

On 30/09/2023 at 14:50, Harry Stottle said:

I'm really disappointed Saints won, I love to hear Wellens talking in defeat, oh well I will have to wait another week.

His usual reply is “i can’t fault the player’s effort”. He also likes to say “we made some errors but we can improve on that next week”. 
He’ll be saying “we can improve next week” after we have lost at Catalans. 

• Haha 1

On 30/09/2023 at 15:24, graveyard johnny said:

a wigan v saints final has been nailed on for weeks

Saints haven’t got a chance johnny, all Catalans have to do is throw the ball out wide. I don’t know if Hurrell will get a game as he is still celebrating his own crossbar challenge and another week of all you can eat Chinese Buffet for six. 

On 30/09/2023 at 18:33, bobbruce said:

Saints won’t beat Catalan away. 

On 30/09/2023 at 18:52, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Kendall packing his case as we speak.😉

Surprise surprise

Referee Appointments (rugby-league.com)

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

As much as I do not want to see Catalan in the final they are surely firm favourites being at home and having already won away at Saints this season. The Saints defence Wil be their best chance as always but their current attacking game will need to move up a notch or two from their previous few weeks showing. 

• Like 1