Fri 29th Sept: SL Elim: Hull KR v Leigh Leopards KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull KR
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/09/23 at 19:30

4 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

not a bad game but in reality neither team is going to beat a rested Wigan at Wigan next week 

I said as much pregame. This game was always just the final cherry on the top of Leigh's season and I'm not really fussed about the result. Well played to KR though they've been well worth the win

Edited by LeytherRob
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

It's the law.  That's all.

Although, I will grant that as a sport we don't necessarily take the laws seriously when it comes to refereeing the game.

Okay; I can't say I like that or see the sense in it, but thanks for the info.

• Thanks 1

Lachlan Lam should be penalised at every scrum for telling the ref what he should decide about off-side.

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, bobbruce said:

KR have had a couple of chances to set up for a drop goal. I hope they don’t end up regretting not taking it. 

It's called a "cheeky one pointer" when the game is live on Sky.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Overall Rovers have been 2-3 scores better.

• Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, Just Browny said:

Overall Rovers have been 2-3 scores better.

Is that a clever way of saying they have scored 3 tries to 1?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

That was ridiculous to ask Rowley about Croft.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Leigh have had a great season, don't ruin it Leigh fans by wallowing in self pity.

Well done Leigh.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I think it's just a way of saying that, however we got there, Rovers winning by 14 is a fair reflection of the game.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, graveyard johnny said:

Bevan French should be able to catch Ryan Hall jogging backwards next week 

I would imagine most of the Wigan team would be able to catch Hall jogging backwards.  It's really difficult to jog backwards quickly. 

• Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Not sure there was anything clever about it, but think the scoreline reflects the balance of play even if some of the decisions might be debated.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

These are hard moments to take for Leigh and their fans, but they have been scoffed at, pulled off a rebrand, made the playoffs and brought home the Challenge Cup!

i know it seems like some have taken disappointment previously from the Vince Lombardi school of losing*.

But it’s been a brilliant season.

*(he famously once said, “show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser”)

• Like 5

Just now, Just Browny said:

Not sure there was anything clever about it, but think the scoreline reflects the balance of play even if some of the decisions might be debated.

Yes, fair.

• Like 1