New Catalans Saints thread with no ref comments

3 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Did Saints have 12 in last part of game? I thought comms mentioned it but no sign of a card on the scores...

Yes. They mentioned it on comms but not sure the graphics were keeping up.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Depends how you define it I think 

I define it as consistently high quality performances. Nobody else comes close in that regard. Do you remember him ever having a poor game ? There have been more spectacular players than him but nobody has been as consistently excellent in their position as him.

• Like 4

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

There was also a clue when Kendall got a yellow card out and Lees walked off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, MattSantos said:

I'm a better passer out of dummy half than Mcilorum as evidenced for the drop goal attempts. 

It looked to me like the Dragons players actually played the ball properly with the foot , which slowed it down , allowing the incredibly fast Saints defence to essentially prevent 3 drop goal attempts 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Derwent said:

I define it as consistently high quality performances. Nobody else comes close in that regard. Do you remember him ever having a poor game ? There have been more spectacular players than him but nobody has been as consistently excellent in their position as him.

Another way could be in one game or even season who would you pick at their peak of thier powers 

6 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Give over Jon.....I'm allowed to take pleasure in seeing them disappointed for once .....he and his mates have seen his club batter everyone for years .....it'll be good for them....character building 

As a Saints fan I can fully understand every other fan in league wanting Cats to win. Lets face it I spent 10 years supporting everybody who played against Wigan.

All good things come to an end and with the end of some very noteable careers we now be due a period of consolidation. Its been great while it lasted but the signs have been there that it was going to end soon.

We'll be back but in the meantime good luck to Cats or KR - make sure you beat the pie eaters !

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Think I saw him throw a rank pass on the 3rd tackle at Huddy once.....2011 I think it was 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, headtackle said:

As a Saints fan I can fully understand every other fan in league wanting Cats to win. Lets face it I spent 10 years supporting everybody who played against Wigan.

All good things come to an end and with the end of some very noteable careers we now be due a period of consolidation. Its been great while it lasted but the signs have been there that it was going to end soon.

We'll be back but in the meantime good luck to Cats or KR - make sure you beat the pie eaters !

Lovely stuff

• Like 1

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas