New Catalans Saints thread with no ref comments

One of Roby and Tomkins had to bow out tonight and it would always be tough on one of them.

But I am glad that one of them actually won the game for their team.

Well done Sam Tomkins and thanks for everything James Roby.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, northamptoncougar said:

It’s very rare for the French to invade!

I love the fact we can see so many people outside of the M62 so passionate about the game.

A lot of young children there as well.

Just now, Pulga said:

Don't get to watch much SL. The ruck was abysmal. Is it normally that bad?

Worst I've seen in years, but we're not allowed to talk about the ref probably for that reason! (I missed the previous locked thread but can only imagine it was locked due to comments about this!)

• Like 1
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 minute ago, Pulga said:

Don't get to watch much SL. The ruck was abysmal. Is it normally that bad?

This was not a pretty game to watch, nor the style of play you'd expect from these two sides. But a win was ground out the hard way tonight.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Worst I've seen in years, but we're not allowed to talk about the ref probably for that reason! (I missed the previous locked thread but can only imagine it was locked due to comments about this!)

But we also get told - on here as much as anywhere else - that we don't want big games spoilt by over-reffing.

Rock and a hard place, really.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

22 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Kendall is currently trending on twitter.

Think that says it all 

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widely spread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.”

Bertrand Russell, Marriage and Morals

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

After years of seeing their smug fans win everything this is great 

Compress_20231006_215417_7291.jpg

A loyal fan who's paid their money to go to the south of France at short notice and who is understandably gutted that his team has lost a close game that could have gone either way?

• Like 16

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

One of Roby and Tomkins had to bow out tonight and it would always be tough on one of them.

But I am glad that one of them actually won the game for their team.

Well done Sam Tomkins and thanks for everything James Roby.

James Roby has been the best British player of the last 20 years. He will be missed.

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Unreal night. First point is to credit Saints. It shows what a champion team they are that it takes an effort like that to beat them. Secondly, what a career James Roby has had. He deserved to go out a winner but fairytales don’t always happen and lastly, Sam Tomkins was a legend in Wigan already put pulling out the 2012 celebration tops it off! Hopefully we can make the final and kill another fairytale. 

Jeez, rugby league is some sport! 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

But we also get told - on here as much as anywhere else - that we don't want big games spoilt by over-reffing.

Rock and a hard place, really.

No , we want teams not to cheat 

• Like 3

Just now, gingerjon said:

A loyal fan who's paid their money to go to the south of France at short notice and who is understandably gutted that his team has lost a close game that could have gone either way?

Give over Jon.....I'm allowed to take pleasure in seeing them disappointed for once .....he and his mates have seen his club batter everyone for years .....it'll be good for them....character building 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

great to see the fans on the pitch joining the party just like the good old days

Didnt Leigh just get fined £12k for the same though?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

4 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

This was not a pretty game to watch, nor the style of play you'd expect from these two sides. But a win was ground out the hard way tonight.

I only watched last 10 minutes but it was appalling. 

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Sad isn't it.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas