What will Roby do next?

Strikes me as the sort of bloke who might stick around the game for a while and then quietly exit, with no fuss whatsoever. I could see him working a 9-5pm in years to come and youngsters asking him what he did when he was younger and they wouldn’t believe you if you told them he’s one of the best to ever play the game of rugby league. He just seems so humble and down to earth. There can be nothing but admiration for him. He just seems a class act all round. 

• Like 10

27 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

You mean enough to invest 

I guess.....the sensible players seem to buy houses which is smart 

If you are a 22 year old SL player on say 80k and up north then I imagine it's easy to start buying cheap properties to do up

Of course some (most?) spaff it on women and drink 

Robes seems like the sort of guy who invests....besides 20 years earning what £100k plus and sponsorships etc....must have saved a fair bit 

• Like 1

Elocution lessons and an RU backroom coaching job.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I met him at a charity event a couple of months back and asked him about coaching, at the time he seemed to be leaning towards concentrating on setting up a business outside of the sport and potentially doing motivational speaking.

Edited by LeytherRob
  • Like 3

Even as a Wigan fan I would have to admit Roby is a 100% class act all round as a player and a person.

Even if he doesn’t want to go into coaching full time it would be a real shame if he couldn’t be persuaded to get involved in the England RL coaching setup in some form.

• Like 2

On 07/10/2023 at 08:41, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I guess.....the sensible players seem to buy houses which is smart 

If you are a 22 year old SL player on say 80k and up north then I imagine it's easy to start buying cheap properties to do up

Of course some (most?) spaff it on women and drink 

Robes seems like the sort of guy who invests....besides 20 years earning what £100k plus and sponsorships etc....must have saved a fair bit 

Spending your cash on women and drink is hardly spaffing, it’s having the time of your life 🤪

• Haha 1