Odsal - RFL Selling the lease

3 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Remainder of the 150 year lease is open to offers:

https://www.thebusinessdesk.com/yorkshire/news/2115198-jewel-in-the-crown-odsal-stadium-hits-the-market

No longer the "Wembley of the North", it is now a "Jewel in the Crown" of Bradford, which I think makes it sound like a curry house.

TRL whip round?

I quite like the sound of "It's the refs fault arena"

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Remainder of the 150 year lease is open to offers:

https://www.thebusinessdesk.com/yorkshire/news/2115198-jewel-in-the-crown-odsal-stadium-hits-the-market

No longer the "Wembley of the North", it is now a "Jewel in the Crown" of Bradford, which I think makes it sound like a curry house.

Odsal is a mess and needs too much spending it on it to bring it up to standard.

Since the RFL purchased the lease in 2012 its got worse and worse. They have to take some of the blame for letting it get so run down.

• Confused 1

RFL finds itself in a hole!

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

20 minutes ago, Bulls2487 said:

Odsal is a mess and needs too much spending it on it to bring it up to standard.

Since the RFL purchased the lease in 2012 its got worse and worse. They have to take some of the blame for letting it get so run down.

How bad a state was it in to begin with though?  There’s a lot to throw at the RFL but without them Bradford probably wouldn’t have a home ground at all now

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Bulls2487 said:

If the RFL hadn't bailed you out with the lease, Bulls would have died there and then and Odsal would be no more.

It needs filling in with household waste.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Bulls2487 said:

Tbf mate not really because if they start throwing money into bulls opens up a massive can of worms tbh as all other clubs will be asking for money from them. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Spidey said:

How bad a state was it in to begin with though?  There’s a lot to throw at the RFL but without them Bradford probably wouldn’t have a home ground at all now

Compare the pictures from 2012 to now. Available on Google Images.

We spent 2 years away from Odsal because the RFL wouldn't renegotiate on the lease. 9 years at 75k and 3 at 62.5k so the RFL have done quite well out of the deal and put nothing back in.

They aren't the only ones to blame for the current state of Odsal.

The RFL shouldn’t have got involved in the first place,it was only because of who was in charge of The Bulls at the time, no other ground would have received the support that dump has. It is disgraceful.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Just now, Expatknight said:

The RFL shouldn’t have got involved in the first place,it was only because of who was in charge of The Bulls at the time, no other ground would have received the support that dump has. It is disgraceful.

Yeah I hate visiting it especially when it’s cold and wet, I thought c@s ground was bad but that is far worse lol. 

Just now, Expatknight said:

Didn’t the RFL by into Rochdales lease/ground plus another club as well 

10 minutes ago, dboy said:

If the RFL hadn't bailed you out with the lease, Bulls would have died there and then and Odsal would be no more.

It needs filling in with household waste.

Bailed us out?

We were paying £1 a year. The RFL purchase put the club into Admin as Natwest withdrew banking facilities.

2 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

The RFL own other leases across the sport.

Just now, Bulls2487 said:

The RFL own other leases across the sport.

If RFL start pumping money in grounds they lease what’s to stop say swinton saying where is my 500k for our new changing rooms? They can’t do it would massively  open up can of worms. 

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Pitch is too small i think and not sure thet have s great relationship with City

Ah ok mate, they can’t leave Bradford they look upstream without a paddle tbh at the moment as odsal will cost millions to renovate. 

Edited by Rovers13

50 minutes ago, Bulls2487 said:

Didn't they just buy it to protect Bradford? I don't think it really then falls on them to then spend a fortune on it 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

City ground id be looking at if I was them as surely that ground will hold them back? 

Pitch is too small, and rent would be huge and a lot of Bulls fans hate City apparently. Although they have played there before.