Sun 22 Oct: International: England v Tonga (at Totally Wicked Stadium, St Helens) KO 2.30pm

Who will win?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Tonga by 1 to 6 points
    • Tonga by 7 to 12 points
    • Tonga by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/10/23 at 14:00

4 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

England need to learn to play right to the end this happens far too often. 

Really good game. But boy it’s torturous watching us at times. Nerve wracking every single game… probably knocked 5yrs off my life! 

• Like 2

Emotional stuff from Lewis post-match. You could tell how much it meant to him.

• Like 10

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, crashmon said:

Great game , was 13K good, average or poor.  I think it was ok but not out of this world

OK is probably fair. Would be nice to be more, but hopefully that Test match will boost the attendance next week. 

Brilliant interview from Mikey Lewis. Shows how much it means to be selected for England to be that emotional. That's the sort of commitment you want.

No doubt we'll see Tyson Frizell in tears telling us how much it means to represent Wales Australia Tonga.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

Great match. Tonga are a superb side, and to beat them any which way is a great result. To do so with a sense of real jeopardy right to the end is even better. England are not far off being a very good side. 

One of the good things is that there are alternatives in pretty much every position for England. So looking forward to next week. I think both sides have a lot of improvement in them.

International football on BBC1. Life is good on days like these. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

OK is probably fair. Would be nice to be more, but hopefully that Test match will boost the attendance next week. 

Well Yorkshire fans have been watching tripe all year. So they may as well go and watch a couple of decent games for a change! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

One of the good things is that there are alternatives in pretty much every position for England.

And we are probably missing a couple of 'first choice' starters.  Will be happy with that.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Just now, GeordieSaint said:

I am not surprised our attack was clunky. 2 sessions on a field??? That’s bonkers. Fair play to them. 

They did one training session in the hotel conference room... 🤣

• Confused 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Emotional stuff from Lewis post-match. You could tell how much it meant to him.

Yeah that was really good to see, I expect Wane uses the national pride etc quite a bit with the players, get them firing.

Another good interview by Welsby too, our young uns now look very comfortable on the screen.

• Like 1

Just now, Bedford Roughyed said:

And we are probably missing a couple of 'first choice' starters.  Will be happy with that.  

So were they, to be fair.

Either way, a great game and I thought England were excellent throughout. Nobody had a bad game.

People called Romans they go the house

1 minute ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Great match. Tonga are a superb side, and to beat them any which way is a great result. To do so with a sense of real jeopardy right to the end is even better. England are not far off being a very good side. 

One of the good things is that there are alternatives in pretty much every position for England. So looking forward to next week. I think both sides have a lot of improvement in them.

International football on BBC1. Life is good on days like these. 

Yes...  And for those watching in the southern half of the country, will fire up ticketmaster now and go... I'd like to go see them live...

Hmm 2nd Test Huddsfield... thats a 4 hour drive there and another 4 hours back... Or £200 quid for a last min train ticket....  Ok lets look at test 3

Hmm thats in leeds thats a 4/12 hour drive there and another 4/12 hour trip back, or £200 on the train...

OK I'll get some jars in and watch it on TV

• Like 6