2024 Transfer Tracker

6 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Then it’s a terrible one. I’m not sure IMG will take Derek Beaumonts Social Media figures into account, he needs to realise it really isn’t all about him.

Edited to add if it was a post ftom the Leigh account i take it back 😉

Looking at the screen shot from my lad it was Facebook Leigh Leopards RL Fans Forum - Derek Beaumont.

Can we keep this thread to TRANSFERS please............if you wish to discuss your clubs communication, please address elsewhere.

Moylan is an excellent signing, really impressive. Even more so than Milford. He's such a classy half back, similar to Lam in some ways, but he should complement well with being on the opposite side. I really like seeing Moylan play, he's a natural footy player, an old school half who hasn't been over coached. The only criticism of him can be that he fades out of games sometimes and doesn't take it by the scruff of the neck. However, with Lam leading the side around the pitch, he should slot in perfectly. There's every chance that Leigh will do even better next season, and that's some feat

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Can we keep this thread to TRANSFERS please............if you wish to discuss your clubs communication, please address elsewhere.

Moylan is an excellent signing, really impressive. Even more so than Milford. He's such a classy half back, similar to Lam in some ways, but he should complement well with being on the opposite side. I really like seeing Moylan play, he's a natural footy player, an old school half who hasn't been over coached. The only criticism of him can be that he fades out of games sometimes and doesn't take it by the scruff of the neck. However, with Lam leading the side around the pitch, he should slot in perfectly. There's every chance that Leigh will do even better next season, and that's some feat

Gladly.

Good to read about Moylan. It's a position we were sadly lacking in last season, as Reynolds seemed more comfortable in a more central / first receiver role than at stand off. My main fear, as mentioned earlier, is the lack of kicking game, which is Lam's only real downfall at the moment. But I suspect that's something he'll be given the chance to improve on before moving onto the NRL in a year or two.

1 minute ago, phiggins said:

Gladly.

Good to read about Moylan. It's a position we were sadly lacking in last season, as Reynolds seemed more comfortable in a more central / first receiver role than at stand off. My main fear, as mentioned earlier, is the lack of kicking game, which is Lam's only real downfall at the moment. But I suspect that's something he'll be given the chance to improve on before moving onto the NRL in a year or two.

You will have seen Lam more than me, but I've always thought he had a decent kicking game?

Moylan has an excellent short kicking game, I can't say his long kicking game is particularly memorable - Hynes and Trindall typically do the bulk of that at the Sharks

11 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

You will have seen Lam more than me, but I've always thought he had a decent kicking game?

Moylan has an excellent short kicking game, I can't say his long kicking game is particularly memorable - Hynes and Trindall typically do the bulk of that at the Sharks

He would very rarely put a short kick in. Most of our short kicks would come from O'Brien. So definitely good to have the option. Lam's long kicks tended to lack distance and would regularly be straight down an opponents throat. But to be fair to him, on the occaisions when he had to kick long, we'd be on the back foot. But when we were linked with Croft, a lot of Leigh fans were saying we'd be better off going for Sneyd, for his kicking game.

Main thing for me is it looks like it is the work of Chester and Adrian Lam to bring him in, and not just an agent approaching the owner. As long as we keep to that model, I'm ok with the signings.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Simply that is the infornation conduit that has always been used for new signings, or is this the new 'Click to Learn' method?

.......and what do you do to open an email? Hopefully will keep up our record of genius signings despite the mixed response over social media

Incidentally my email came at 15.33

Edited by DemonUK
Further info

Here we go again .....

2 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

For once I agree with Harry, communication is only a benefit if it is sent before it’s communicated to the masses otherwise it’s not a benefit at all.

All clubs should be communicating news like this via email to anyone on the email list, as it could actually encourage membership.

But Leigh couldn’t even get a website ready for a rebrand so its not surprising 

Jesus Christ you do some moaning between you and Harry….

Derek posted on the fans forum regarding the Catalans away trip, he was responding to some fan questions not doing an official club release, he said that will follow. a new sponsor Jetz travel is doing packages for fans at a discount price which will be released when the RFL say the club can release the fixtures, nothing more nothing less.

Memberships are done, if you log on to the tickets section you can see you’re seat. the club have said when the deadline has passed and everybody has chance to renew and all info if processed everybody will be informed of the next step and will receive all merchandise for Christmas if the deadlines are met.

The website is fine, very functional, if you want to subscribe to emails about you can put you’re email address in on the website here… (picture attached) it’s not that difficult Harry.

Like somebody else said Stip Effing whinging!

IMG_2938.jpeg

Edited by binosh
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, binosh said:

Jesus Christ you do some moaning between you and Harry….

Derek posted on the fans forum regarding the Catalans away trip, he was responding to some fan questions not doing an official club release, he said that will follow. a new sponsor Jetz travel is doing packages for fans at a discount price which will be released when the RFL say the club can release the fixtures, nothing more nothing less.

Memberships are done, if you log on to the tickets section you can see you’re seat. the club have said when the deadline has passed and everybody has chance to renew and all info if processed everybody will be informed of the next step and will receive all merchandise for Christmas if the deadlines are met.

The website is fine, very functional, if you want to subscribe to emails about you can put you’re email address in on the website here… (picture attached) it’s not that difficult Harry.

Like somebody else said Stip Effing whinging!

IMG_2938.jpeg

I’m not whinging I couldn’t give a monkeys really.

Anyway Moylan is a good signing if he can recapture some of his form my only concern would be injuries/age.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

What business did you say you are in?

And I do not do SM, so in your opinion that should alienate me and all others of the same ilk?

So if we get up to 3500 memberships and average 6000 home fans, 2500 will be on hearsay information.

Go onto the website, subscribe and sign up for emails like everybody else. Unless you want Chris Chester to ring you personally everytime  Leigh sign someone.

Edited by binosh
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

What business did you say you are in?

And I do not do SM, so in your opinion that should alienate me and all others of the same ilk?

So if we get up to 3500 memberships and average 6000 home fans, 2500 will be on hearsay information.

I was in the business of making money  a great sense I developed was ignoring time wasters.  now retired I just make it differently - the forum your on is SM btw. We are already over that figure also

Matt Moylan was a good player 5 or 6 years ago but he will turn 33 next season and is way past his best with a dodgy hamstring history - another one coming for a final pay day - where are our young homegrown talents?

Edited by graveyard johnny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

5 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Matt Moylan was a good player 5 or 6 years ago but he will turn 33 next season and is way past his best with a dodgy hamstring history - another one coming for a final pay day - where are our young homegrown talents?

To be fair, from what I've read about him, he seemed to have got past his hamstring issues in the last couple of seasons. Hopefully that continues to be the case for the next couple.

For the question you finish with, there aren't many knocking about that are available to sign, particularly at 6 and 7. That's why Leeds paid such a premium for Croft.

7 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

I'd say 7-8 years ago.

I thought he was going to be the next best thing. Sadly... injuries.

Hope he goes well, but its cold here compared to Aus.

• Like 2

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

22 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

I honestly didn't realise that he was turning 33 next year ... God I feel old now. Thanks Johnny!

21 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Hope he goes well, but its cold here compared to Aus.

a good frost will see him off -back on the plane to the gold coast 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Really clever signing that. He’s the sort of player who although he’s lacked confidence for a few years in the NRL the extra space he’ll get in SL could help him get back to something like his best. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rene_Artois said:

Doncaster sign Joe Lovadua on a 2 year contract 

That's a pretty good catch.  Nice one Donny.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

42 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Really clever signing that. He’s the sort of player who although he’s lacked confidence for a few years in the NRL the extra space he’ll get in SL could help him get back to something like his best. 

but it wont - and never will - and never does with sort of signing