The IMG Gradings Thread - Post all your IMG Gradings related questions or comments here

17 minutes ago, Griff said:

They should pick up a few catchment points in Mongolia.

Population of Mongolia is irrelevant though - it's how much their specific local council in Mongolia has. Hence London getting the same catchment area points as Leigh.

• Like 1

Just opened one of those 'to the resident ' letters that turned up earlier. Evidently I'm invited to a consultation about 120 houses that they want to build near me. Now 120 x 5 is a potential 600 new people in the borough and my lot are within spitting distance of the 130,000 mark. Do I fight my nimbyisms for the good of catchment. Decisions, decisions.

• Haha 7

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

35 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Just opened one of those 'to the resident ' letters that turned up earlier. Evidently I'm invited to a consultation about 120 houses that they want to build near me. Now 120 x 5 is a potential 600 new people in the borough and my lot are within spitting distance of the 130,000 mark. Do I fight my nimbyisms for the good of catchment. Decisions, decisions.

How close are you. Could you all start taking in lodgers. 

3 hours ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

There's still the unanswered question of how catchment area population will be measured going forward; you might have to wait till 2031.......

Interesting to see how seriously Wakey are taking this - they're referring to IMG grading all over the place in their (increasingly large volume of) press releases and social media updates. 

This morning's was talking about their plans for the two redeveloped stands next season, but also mentioned getting on with the planning for the West Stand. I know new owners like to make lots of promises, and Wakey (and the rest of the sport with reference to Trin) have heard it all before, but the new regime really is hitting the ground running.

• Like 4

Been away for a few days just catching up, must say that it does not surprise me one bit that IMG's criteria are being taken as a joke.

BUT I honestly believe under this system Leigh's position for starting 2025 in SL is very tenuous, IMG at the press of a computer button on a spreadsheet could overnight lose as many as 5000 spectators and a guy who puts quite a bit of money into the sport, if this does not matter in the slightest then all those in favour just carry on regardless, with my best wishes.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Been away for a few days just catching up, must say that it does not surprise me one bit that IMG's criteria are being taken as a joke.

BUT I honestly believe under this system Leigh's position for starting 2025 in SL is very tenuous, IMG at the press of a computer button on a spreadsheet could overnight lose as many as 5000 spectators and a guy who puts quite a bit of money into the sport, if this does not matter in the slightest then all those in favourress carry on regardless, with my best wishes.

As a neutral, Leigh have been one of the best (re)additions to SL ever in my view.  Losing them would be disastrous.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

BUT I honestly believe under this system Leigh's position for starting 2025 in SL is very tenuous, IMG at the press of a computer button on a spreadsheet could overnight lose as many as 5000 spectators and a guy who puts quite a bit of money into the sport, if this does not matter in the slightest then all those in favourress carry on regardless, with my best wishes.

Oh good, you've come back after a few days away and said the exact same thing you've said on this thread (and others) dozens of times already.

Solid input.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

Oh good, you've come back after a few days away and said the exact same thing you've said on this thread (and others) dozens of times already.

Solid input.

Yes and in all probability I will keep on saying it Gav in the hope that IMG goes away.

I don't recall previously saying that I really expect my team to begin life in the Championship in 2025, but the more I have read into it the more I don't see that they are part of the bigger picture.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Thanks 1

On 07/11/2023 at 11:50, iffleyox said:

Interesting to see how seriously Wakey are taking this - they're referring to IMG grading all over the place in their (increasingly large volume of) press releases and social media updates. 

This morning's was talking about their plans for the two redeveloped stands next season, but also mentioned getting on with the planning for the West Stand. I know new owners like to make lots of promises, and Wakey (and the rest of the sport with reference to Trin) have heard it all before, but the new regime really is hitting the ground running.

And getting lots of social media traffic...

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

I'm not sure you'll have that much influence Harry 😉

Done now with this thread for now Chris till at least when there is the December meeting of IMG/RL Commercial to review the provisional grading. If there are amendments/adjustments to be made maybe that will go some way to justifying the view of some in their "it's a joke", criticism of the criteria and abandonment of Rugby League as a sporting contest where clubs can be elevated to or maintain SL status, OR it could give a pat on the back with 'a carry on as we are' to all those that are strongly and firmly of the opinion that the best way forward for the game is to ultimately play out a season where by half way through a number of clubs will be treading water with nothing to play for just awaiting the next season then go round again, whilst the rest of the pro sport below SL slowly withers away into oblivion.

As Gubrats said if there are going to be some adjustments it could appease some clubs whilst be detrimental to others.

No need to reply Chris, I will await until after the findings of the meeting before giving any further comment.

Edited by Harry Stottle

TotalRL/LE reporting that the result of Cas' appeal will not be known until next week.

I don't know how much of an impact this has in reality, i.e. if Cas can just submit their revised figures ahead of next year's gradings, but it would be horrific if we're in a similar position over the score of a club around that 12/13th place this time next year.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, phiggins said:

TotalRL/LE reporting that the result of Cas' appeal will not be known until next week.

I don't know how much of an impact this has in reality, i.e. if Cas can just submit their revised figures ahead of next year's gradings, but it would be horrific if we're in a similar position over the score of a club around that 12/13th place this time next year.

As this is a trial run, no harm in changing some scores after appeal - if clubs get the spreadsheet wrong next year, I'd say tough.  The whole point of a trial run is to weed out these issues

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Spidey said:

As this is a trial run, no harm in changing some scores after appeal - if clubs get the spreadsheet wrong next year, I'd say tough.  The whole point of a trial run is to weed out these issues

Yeah, my assumption was that it'd be a fairly academic exercise, unless clubs are only submitting one year's worth of data next year, and IMG/RFL are using previous submissions again.

Hopefully, there's more time being spent on how to avoid two errors cancelling each other out like how Cas believe happened here.

On 09/11/2023 at 22:22, Harry Stottle said:

Yes and in all probability I will keep on saying it Gav in the hope that IMG goes away.

I don't recall previously saying that I really expect my team to begin life in the Championship in 2025, but the more I have read into it the more I don't see that they are part of the bigger picture.

Harry, we will have or virtually have an A at the end of 2024. Yes there are some crazy scores for a couple of clubs but competitive well funded SL clubs won’t be playing Championship in 2025. Keep enjoying the ride, It’l be reet.

19 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Harry, we will have or virtually have an A at the end of 2024. Yes there are some crazy scores for a couple of clubs but competitive well funded SL clubs won’t be playing Championship in 2025. Keep enjoying the ride, It’l be reet.

Unless Leigh win the CC again, they'll drop 0.25; where do you expect them to gain points next time round?

31 minutes ago, dboy said:

Unless Leigh win the CC again, they'll drop 0.25; where do you expect them to gain points next time round?

Have the local council (whomever owns the ground) reduce the attendance capacity down to less than 10000.... you would get extra points for % usage

.... yep a chuckle... but still a comment on some of the scoring parameters.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Well unless there’s been some serious improvements in finances and community trust this year, am struggling to see where Leigh’s score increases are going to come from?

• Thanks 1