Sat 28th Oct: International: England v Tonga KO 14:30 @ Huddersfield (BBC)

Who will win?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Tonga by 1 to 6 points
    • Tonga by 7 to 12 points
    • Tonga by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/10/23 at 14:00

Currie and Ashton due to replace injured players - should be a banker for Tonga - Series leveller  1-1 - surely Mikey Lewis cant play that well again? or can he?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

England lose a fair bit without Makinson's carries from the backfield.  And Knowles was strong in the middle last week and despite Currie getting the call up to the 19, you expect Mulhern to get the nod in the game day squad.  Either way, we lose a ball handling middle to rotate with Radley and so it may hinder our shift plays.

Less nervous about this one as there is the safety net of a decider so just hoping for a  cracking game.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

14 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

England lose a fair bit without Makinson's carries from the backfield.  And Knowles was strong in the middle last week and despite Currie getting the call up to the 19, you expect Mulhern to get the nod in the game day squad.  Either way, we lose a ball handling middle to rotate with Radley and so it may hinder our shift plays.

Less nervous about this one as there is the safety net of a decider so just hoping for a  cracking game.

I honestly don't think Knowles is a loss as a ball handler....not compared to last year anyway ...I'd have Mulherne over him anyway ...pleased he'll be playing 

23 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Currie and Ashton due to replace injured players - should be a banker for Tonga - Series leveller  1-1 - surely Mikey Lewis cant play that well again? or can he?

I'll say it again but Ash Handley should be ahead of Ashton for me.....equally as quick but stronger, better carrier of the ball and generally safer ....they are both weaker in edge defence compared to Makinson I'll admit though 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I'll say it again but Ash Handley should be ahead of Ashton for me.....equally as quick but stronger, better carrier of the ball and generally safer ....they are both weaker in edge defence compared to Makinson I'll admit though 

liam marshall? is he injured?

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

26 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I honestly don't think Knowles is a loss as a ball handler....not compared to last year anyway ...I'd have Mulherne over him anyway ...pleased he'll be playing 

Is Mulhern a passing option, I haven't seen enough of him.

The point with Knowles is that the shift play shape was there and even if he didn't pass, the option took some commitment away from the Tongan defence and so he had good metres.

I don't think we will win the middle just by running at them.

Edited by Dunbar

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

9 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Is Mulhern a passing option, I haven't seen enough of him.

The point with Knowles is that the shift play shape was there and even if he didn't pass, the option took some commitment away from the Tongan defence and so he had good metres.

I don't think we will win the middle just by running at them.

Mulherne can do both for me....great hands and bigger than Knowles ...agree we'll need to move it around them at times at least 

12 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

are you suggesting running "away" from them?

Are you suggesting evasion and creating space for runners is not a part of Rugby League?

Looking forward to this, 6 of us going for brekky then a few jugs pre match, nothing happening at the ground i don't believe which is a shame really but i suppose the RFL are skint and very reluctant to shell out a few quid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Nah. Both good players. I dunno what you mean by 'safe', Ashton has been superb all year.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Hopefully England have been practicing their attacking plays this week, one man rugby up the middle  for every tackle in a set just won't cut it. 

Tonga looked dangerous when they did things right too, so hoping for more quality attack from both this week.