London Broncos 2024

Very true. The owner has been a tad erratic. However switch to part time (in name only apparently) was due to RFL general approach to the club. However as usual the switch was badly managed with lots of wrong choices. The IMG scores pushing London down are the fault of the clubs own choices. Though crowd growth in the London market is impossible if the places aren’t household names. Crowds will only improve with big names coming in. Elsewhere commercially the club is poor. It markets to the already enlightened, beyond that not a great deal, but then without the big names its a circle you can’t get out of. 

Yet, while some parts of club are on life support, some lifeless, other parts see local (south of England) players been churned out on a regular basis. Northern SL teams even plucking them out before they make the senior team (Pierce-Paul and Silva) so there are some positives. And most RL clubs seem to have someone who played or came through systems in London.

Maybe just a pity the bits London have done well don’t score and bits expected score poorly. Then there’s some weird expectations in the IMG criteria (area and conversion) but everyone is to some extent in the same boat.

Not that the next season matters, as given IMG criteria its a waste of time but, the club needs to really show its intentions, yet so far its a slow burner.

• Like 3

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

1 minute ago, Archie Gordon said:

Maybe you could expand?

I will from what i saw yesterday.

Several new sponsorship deals about to be announced

Plenty of new signings

Fan engagement 

Corporate will be really good next season compared to previous years 

Themed match days to reach out to new fans (Some really excellent ideas)

Considering no-one expected this to happen and the time scales they are doing a pretty good job.

Next 2 months are critical 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Plenty of new signings

Fan engagement 

Considering no-one expected this to happen and the time scales they are doing a pretty good job.

Next question, will they release a kit before Christmas and will they change the awful retro fluoro badge?

8 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Did a site visit on Friday and was very impressed with the facilities.

Lots of positives happening have posted a video on my you tube channel.

Paul

No offence, but every couple of years you post something on here about having seen a new set of plans, how exciting it all is, there's going to be this that and the other...and the club just continues to deteriorate in every conceivable way.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

1 minute ago, nadera78 said:

No offence, but every couple of years you post something on here about having seen a new set of plans, how exciting it all is, there's going to be this that and the other...and the club just continues to deteriorate in every conceivable way.

Not for the Broncos i think? however we have to stay positive:)

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 16:02, ATLANTISMAN said:

Plenty of new signings

Fan engagement 

Paul

What role do you have that allows such a privileged entree to the inner sanctum of the London Broncos ?

Here are a few ideas not mentioned in your thread;

• London Broncos, unlike the rest of Super League, are a regional club with a fanbase scattered over the south east. With that in mind, why not play on Saturdays as Sundays have a lot of disruption to public transport and Wimbledon can be an a*se to get to.
  • Fan engagement - Does that include all the ex-supporters and season ticket holders royally p****d off with the club by the Monkey and the move. And while we are at it how does the LBSA fit into this ?
  • Merchandise on sale before Xmas.
  • Clarity on Ticket Prices throughout the season, i.e. Buying early Bird Season tickets then getting gazumped by a BOGOF ticket offer later in the season.
  • Any news on Ebbsfleet and Rosslyn Park 🤣 as Super League venues mid-season when the Dons re-seed Plough Lane ?
  • Is the new away kit similar to the 2004 blue kit I regret never purchasing?

Answers to those questions would be more enlightening than AFC Wimbledon's new floodlights-  paid for by the London Broncos...

And can you post a link to your facebook page so we can all see the prodigious progress made by the backroom staff working with Stakhanovite zeal for the club.

• Like 1

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

7 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Paul

What role do you have that allows such a privileged entree to the inner sanctum of the London Broncos ?

Here are a few ideas not mentioned in your thread;

• London Broncos, unlike the rest of Super League, are a regional club with a fanbase scattered over the south east. With that in mind, why not play on Saturdays as Sundays have a lot of disruption to public transport and Wimbledon can be an a*se to get to.
  • Fan engagement - Does that include all the ex-supporters and season ticket holders royally p****d off with the club by the Monkey and the move. And while we are at it how does the LBSA fit into this ?
  • Merchandise on sale before Xmas.
  • Clarity on Ticket Prices throughout the season, i.e. Buying early Bird Season tickets then getting gazumped by a BOGOF ticket offer later in the season.
  • Any news on Ebbsfleet and Rosslyn Park 🤣 as Super League venues mid-season when the Dons re-seed Plough Lane ?
  • Is the new away kit similar to the 2004 blue kit I regret never purchasing?

Answers to those questions would be more enlightening than AFC Wimbledon's new floodlights-  paid for by the London Broncos...

And can you post a link to your facebook page so we can all see the prodigious progress made by the backroom staff working with Stakhanovite zeal for the club.

I can only witness what i saw going on as part of an organisation doing sponsorship (Broncos is just 1 of 9 clubs) considering they are well understaffed they are doing a pretty good job.

The next few weeks are crucial for them hopefully some of the plans will come to fruition time will tell.

From what I have seen last week on my visit good progress.

Seems like they are pushing for all matches to be at Wimbledon in my opinion Ebbsfleet would be great for a couple of games once their new stadium is built however that's a few years away.

Your other questions i cannot answer as its not my business.

I personally have never had a Facebook page and just stick to business social media.

P

13 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I can only witness what i saw going on as part of an organisation doing sponsorship (Broncos is just 1 of 9 clubs) considering they are well understaffed they are doing a pretty good job.

They've always been understaffed. I'm glad they have plans but with no resource ever put in to the business side, they are pretty much a Champ team on the field and a L1 outfit off it. Here they go again, sadly.

• Like 1

I don't like the way the gradings have been done either, however, and I'm sure this will have already been mentioned, the current gradings are only provisional, and they will change next year. If London have a decent year on the field and can address a few of the little off field things they have been graded down on then there's no reason why they can't keep their place on SL. They have a lot of work to do, but its not a lost cause.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MZH said:

I don't like the way the gradings have been done either, however, and I'm sure this will have already been mentioned, the current gradings are only provisional, and they will change next year. If London have a decent year on the field and can address a few of the little off field things they have been graded down on then there's no reason why they can't keep their place on SL. They have a lot of work to do, but its not a lost cause.

I applaud your enthusiasm MZH, but I really think these provisional gradings are indicative in the main of what is going to happen, London are just to far away from 12th position to make up the difference to obtain SL status, indeed I am very concerned that the team presently in 13th place will make the cut even if finishing in the top 6 again, don't forget there are only 5 spots available after the 7 'A' Grades. If Salford sort out their ground issues they along with Huddersfield, Toulouse, and Wakefield are in my opinion  already earmarked for SL.

1 hour ago, MZH said:

It's not a few little things, it's several massive things. The biggest downgrades are due to the fact they've no fans and therefore very low revenue compared to comparable clubs. Nothing suggests 2024 will do anything to change this, even crowds like 2019 (which were poor) won't move the dial. 

All credit to what Mike Eccles achieved at the end of last season but London are not remotely a Superleague club in waiting.

I don't really have a problem, London Broncos getting demoted from Super League. From the way the squad is being assembled, they already know what will happen next season. I am actually pleased with there thinking. Great work Mr Hughes. Already looking forward to the championship 2025,  Bradford / Halifax / Featherstone, watch out the Broncos are coming again. 

Really happy we have signed a few former London players. Let's see if the southern boys can show you guys how to play rugby league. Not going to enjoy London playing in a corrupted  Super League, but won't be watching. 

2 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

Wait until you hear about the plans for the scholarship and academy.

Right. Just seen a comment on the socials.

That can't be true, right?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)