Halifax

wozzeryedhead

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

On 25/01/2024 at 05:59, Roughyed Rats said:

Love the enthusiasm but for me this wil be tight. Halifax are the defending champions and a very good and well established championship side. A real tough test. 4 points either way. Hopefully an Oldham win.

Spot on prediction 😂 Great performance from the lads today. Definitely the better side and fully deserved the win.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Roughyed Rats said:

Spot on prediction 😂 Great performance from the lads today. Definitely the better side and fully deserved the win.

I said 2 pts in it. Well predicted 

• Like 1

Fantastic performance and great start to the new season. Kopzcak, Farnworth and both Chapelhow's were excellent in the middle. Astley was superb in the first half and will be dynamite for us this season. Craven looked very good at stand off and linked up well all across the pitch. Mo was fantastic as well until his HIA in the last 10 mins with great carries coming out of our own end and then 2 magnificent finishes for his tries.  Turner was great with the ball but had some defensive issues. Lawton was excellent and really got stuck in all facets of the game.

Some defensive issues as is to be expected for a brand new team where some players seemed to want to shoot out of the line trying to put on shots and others held back leaving us exposed a few times especially in the second half. Felt we were always in control of the match but we kept letting them back into the game with small mistakes losing our momentum.

Can't wait for next week against London. 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, m brooksy said:

Fantastic performance and great start to the new season. Kopzcak, Farnworth and both Chapelhow's were excellent in the middle. Astley was superb in the first half and will be dynamite for us this season. Craven looked very good at stand off and linked up well all across the pitch. Mo was fantastic as well until his HIA in the last 10 mins with great carries coming out of our own end and then 2 magnificent finishes for his tries.  Turner was great with the ball but had some defensive issues. Lawton was excellent and really got stuck in all facets of the game.

Some defensive issues as is to be expected for a brand new team where some players seemed to want to shoot out of the line trying to put on shots and others held back leaving us exposed a few times especially in the second half. Felt we were always in control of the match but we kept letting them back into the game with small mistakes losing our momentum.

Elijah Taylor is class. Ellis some great touches in attack and excellent goal kicking.

A good day and great to see so many youngsters in replica shirts.

• Like 7

Brilliant win all of them was really good, and the band in the bar was oreeet as well, only downside wanted a bobble hat but they had sold out which is good news ,somebody said that the joe royal stand held 3500 and the announcer said 1500 hmmm, it was packed 🤔.

• Like 1

• Like 3

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

2 hours ago, m brooksy said:

Better than Fax's numerous big mistakes. Credit to your lads though who took full advantage. BTW what is the capacity of the Joe Royle stand? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic, and well deserved win. We seemed to be in control of the game for massive parts .

I and others around me couldn't make sense of some of the refereeing decisions but on the whole he kept a good grip on the game. What's the latest on Mo? A three man tackle, gets a high shot and loses the ball being injured. The ref gives a knock-on and Eden scored a fantastic try.

Can't wait for the Hornet's game after that showing, and a win puts us into the quarter finals.

Two steps from Wembley!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

P.S. Just seen the above messages re the Joe Royle stand. The 1,500 figure was ridiculous. 

I go to the football as well. Crowd probably about right. Need to take into account the kids who were there free and the hospitality people who are compelled to sit outside.

The attendance should reflect the number of people there. Shouldn't matter who paid, who didn't or who was in hospitality. 

It isn't always easy to guess the crowd but seemed more than two thirds full to me.

Irrespective of the crowd, what a great game to start the season.

• Like 4

Forwards were immense today both going forward & in defence. A few tweaks required on the edges as Halifax created a few overlaps but poor handling let them down. Dominated the game overall & our attack will get better once the players gel with more game time. The stand holds 2.5k & was fuller than against Workington last season but the crowd announced was smaller I think which was surprising. Free entry for kids is great, not seen that many for years. Stronger Together!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, glemiln said:

Hope a good percentage of those Oldham supporters will be in attendance for clashes with Hornets, especially at the Crown and influence our supporters too. Our two clubs promoted even better 🙏

I should imagine we'd come in numbers.

• Like 1