A new look for Super League

I really like what they are doing and it certainly is bringing the sport fowards with a much more professional feel for the digital age. I really like the integration between all these new improvements and it all feels really slick. What we have seen recently just shows how far behind the curve we were as a sport.

The colour scheme isn't for me personally, the aqua, purple and green just feel off, but I accept that maybe just personal preference. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Damien said:

I really like what they are doing and it certainly is bringing the sport fowards with a much more professional feel for the digital age. I really like the integration between all these new improvements and it all feels really slick. What we have seen recently just shows how far behind the curve we were as a sport.

The colour scheme isn't for me personally, the aqua, purple and green just feel off, but I accept that maybe just personal preference. 

I like the colour scheme personally, and it is very 'now' and perfect for digital implementations, but as you say that's a personal thing. Bringing the 3 SL's together under the branding is a great idea.

I know IMG have had its detractors but we are now seeing why we have needed input from someone like them.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I need to see a bit more but the new look for SL looks a lot slicker and now the typeface is in situ rather than just on the shirts (still not a fan of it on the shirts) I think its a big upgrade.

The one place the typeface doesn't work is the names on the shirts (IMO).

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, mrfranco said:

Does this mean they've ditched the idea of a name change? Or are we still expecting that down the road?

Seems odd to do a new look using an old name that is apparently unwanted...

Whi knows, I think it may still be on the cards at some point but there was a definite need to do this for next year anyway

33 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I bet you can guess the Social Media reaction to this...

It really does feel like RL fans seem to be the most miserable fans of any sport sometimes

Oh without a doubt. Games played wrong day of the week, at the wrong time. Wrong commentators   hopeless endless and now all games should not be televised.

Rugby league fans always finding a fault.

Is it any wonder the game doesn't grow.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

3 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

Oh without a doubt. Games played wrong day of the week, at the wrong time. Wrong commentators   hopeless endless and now all games should not be televised.

Rugby league fans always finding a fault.

Is it any wonder the game doesn't grow.

And no 405 line monochrome version, either. Game's gone.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

It really does feel like RL fans seem to be the most miserable fans of any sport sometimes

You'd think they'd made the ###### emoji as the logo with the way some are acting. Complete idiots.

3 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

You'd think they'd made the ###### emoji as the logo with the way some are acting. Complete idiots.

There’s just a lack of critical thinking, not liking the rebrand is of course subjective like any form of design, but not actually thinking whether the idea behind it is a good one or not is another. I realise im expecting too much from people commenting on SM.

• Like 4

I don't think my Latin is good enough for this new website - I'm sure they'd've been better sticking with English for the articles.

• Haha 2

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Geesh!

There are long term fans, decades of watching, playing, supporting coaching, teaching, and preaching the game, who are worried that RL is not where it could be, should be, and deserves to be, and that the adjustments we are seeing may not be enough. Your tedious and predictable comment may get you support from like-minded others, which you can incorporate into a certificate to be printed and framed and hung on the wall, but please remember that governance without wide scrutiny is highly likely to go astray.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cerulean said:

Geesh!

There are long term fans, decades of watching, playing, supporting coaching, teaching, and preaching the game, who are worried that RL is not where it could be, should be, and deserves to be, and that the adjustments we are seeing may not be enough. Your tedious and predictable comment may get you support from like-minded others, which you can incorporate into a certificate to be printed and framed and hung on the wall, but please remember that governance without wide scrutiny is highly likely to go astray.

There's scrutiny, and there's moaning about things for the sake of it. It's a refresh of a brand/logo. That's all.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Cerulean said:

Geesh!

Seems you’ve missed my point entirely.

do you really think people posting trite one liners on SM is ‘governance’?

6 hours ago, Damien said:

Yeah I agree with the colours chosen, not so sure.

Happy though with the general refresh of it all, there was talk of a complete rebrand but I think it would have been wasted money. The last rebranding exercise in the Elstone period was to be fair pretty good, one of the few highlights. 

• Like 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

Doesn't seem too drastic on the whole, seems to be like the kind of branding that seems to appeal on social media these days (reminds me of the Hundred branding in a small way). I'm not mad keen on it personally but I'm sure there'll be experts who will tell you it appeals more to a lot of people so happy to be proved wrong!