2024 attendance thread

5 hours ago, JM2010 said:

Any news on expected crowds for this weekends matches?

Assume it'll be a 22.5K sell out for Penrith vs Parra on Friday night.

4 hours ago, Damien said:

It's funny, journeys in countries with signs in KM always feel much quicker to me as they are counting down much quicker. Either that or our roads and traffic are *****, or both!

I changed my odometer and sat nav to kilometres years ago. It doesn't take long to get used to it and it definitely makes the journies a lot quicker! 😉

( I hated the sat nav when it told me a junction is 5/8th of a mile away. Who on earth knows how far that is?)

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, John Rhino said:

I changed my odometer and sat nav to kilometres years ago. It doesn't take long to get used to it and it definitely makes the journies a lot quicker! 😉

( I hated the sat nav when it told me a junction is 5/8th of a mile away. Who on earth knows how far that is?)

1100 yards or as Morgan Freeman would say length of 11 football pitches.

1 hour ago, JonM said:

The Metrication Act was passed in 1965, well before the UK joined the EU. 

Yes but the EU enforced sales in metric, like a quarter of sweets became (the marginally smaller) 200g. 

27 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Yes but the EU enforced sales in metric, like a quarter of sweets became (the marginally smaller) 200g. 

That’s not true either. You could sell in any quantity you liked but you had to list the amount in metric as well as imperial. Hence a pint didn’t become 500ml.

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

14 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

That’s not true either. You could sell in any quantity you liked but you had to list the amount in metric as well as imperial. Hence a pint didn’t become 500ml.

It never says 586ml in a pub though, always a pint or half. 

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It never says 586ml in a pub though, always a pint or half. 

The glass was marked with both a pint and a 568ml marker.

Either way, the ability to sell pints rather shows up the idea that the UK was forced to go metric. As do mile signs and distances in yards, of course.

The fact that we're discussing this does rather show up how little attendance info is out there compared to previous years.

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 04/03/2024 at 11:16, Worzel said:

Hull KR is going to sell out again this week.

This is great, but it really does highlight how we need to expand the ground with some urgency. The club hasn’t won anything yet, so if we’re creating this much demand simply by playing well and getting in the Top 4 once, imagine what real success would bring? We don’t want to lose the opportunity to enable new customers to sample the product. At the moment we risk that. 

Whenever i go to CP there always appears to be plenty of space in the 'Well and in the blocks next to the away supporters. can they not just encourage fans to use that space? 

18 hours ago, Eddie said:

I hate doing things like this.  I think you meant 100g as 200g is nearer half a pound. 😀

• Thanks 1

Here we go again .....

1 hour ago, JonM said:

And back on topic, 35 507 for Broncos v Bunnies in Brisbane.

You have ruined this game for me now. I was going to watch it back in full just for the cheer when they announce the crowd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, meast said:

Always amazes me how a thread can drift so quickly.

How TF does a thread about attendances drift onto EU/Brexit, Metric/Imperial, mph/kmh so quickly?

Look, I am gonna accept blame as the first comment. But doesn’t it show what a fantastic bunch of opinions we all have 😂 I never thought it would go this far… or did I 🤔 

• Like 1

On 13/03/2024 at 16:32, John Rhino said:

It's a kilometre... or five furlongs if you're into racing.

I've preprogrammed my car to use Cubits, though it's a but difficult having to stop every time the speed limit changes to Google how many cubits in 30 miles,40 miles etc...