2024 attendance thread

On 07/04/2024 at 16:57, meast said:

It seems most RL clubs are not bothering to give out attendance figures now, very strange.

Definitely up there with some of the great conspiracies! Moon landing, 9/11 and the plandemic!

Edited by bratman
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, langpark said:

1385 of the 2520 at Doncaster were Wakefield fans

Have Doncaster RL ever played out of Castle Park the home of Doncaster Rugby Union and is there any crossover support between both clubs as looking at results they get a few games with 2,000 plus.

1 hour ago, EggFace said:

Have Doncaster RL ever played out of Castle Park the home of Doncaster Rugby Union and is there any crossover support between both clubs as looking at results they get a few games with 2,000 plus.

We have a couple of times but not many, we always have a period in the summer when the Eco Power isn't available and sometimes have to move home fixtures, it would make perfect sense to play there but we can't. I have heard it suggested the relationship between the two clubs isn't what it was, off the back of failing to agree a deal which would have allowed The Knights to use EcoPower of they had won promotion to Union's top flight

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jemmo said:

We have a couple of times but not many, we always have a period in the summer when the Eco Power isn't available and sometimes have to move home fixtures, it would make perfect sense to play there but we can't. I have heard it suggested the relationship between the two clubs isn't what it was, off the back of failing to agree a deal which would have allowed The Knights to use EcoPower of they had won promotion to Union's top flight

It looks a tidy little ground and maybe hopefully in the future.

Has Doncaster got 2 sets of fans for both Rugby codes or is there a small cross over.

As a trinity fan and one who made the trip over to Doncaster I have to say it was a very welcoming atmosphere with very friendly and security/staff. 

The pitch/stadium and view were good quality too. 

If Doncaster over next few years can grow their fan base and progress on field they could become a top championship club with that tidy set up. 

In terms of attendances at Trinity we are travelling well taking 12-1500+ to every game so far and that’s back to back away games. Think at fev second game we took almost 2000 fans away filling away end and a good wedge of another stand overspill. 

Edited by Trojan Horse

10 hours ago, EggFace said:

Has Doncaster got 2 sets of fans for both Rugby codes or is there a small cross over.

Not sure, but The Knights won't have had much of a fan base until recently; it was only when de Mulder started bankrolling the club that they started to rise up the leagues. I think they refer to themselves as English club rugby's (sic) most promoted team.

• Like 1

Minä rakastan rugbyliigaa!

17 hours ago, EggFace said:

There is some cross over but I don't think it's many

• Like 1

21 hours ago, EggFace said:

I would imagine that Doncaster Knights get a bit of support from further afield as they are the highest placed Yorkshire team in the RFU structures.  No Yorkshire team is in the Premiershship or National League 1, so the next highest placed sides are in National League 2 North, the fourth tier of English rugby union. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 09/04/2024 at 21:59, Trojan Horse said:

As a trinity fan and one who made the trip over to Doncaster I have to say it was a very welcoming atmosphere with very friendly and security/staff. 

The pitch/stadium and view were good quality too. 

If Doncaster over next few years can grow their fan base and progress on field they could become a top championship club with that tidy set up. 

In terms of attendances at Trinity we are travelling well taking 12-1500+ to every game so far and that’s back to back away games. Think at fev second game we took almost 2000 fans away filling away end and a good wedge of another stand overspill. 

🎶 Where were you when you were s**t 🎶 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/04/2024 at 16:23, Usera said:

I would imagine that Doncaster Knights get a bit of support from further afield as they are the highest placed Yorkshire team in the RFU structures.  No Yorkshire team is in the Premiershship or National League 1, so the next highest placed sides are in National League 2 North, the fourth tier of English rugby union. 

Yet they still only get about 1,000 in. 

• Like 1

On 10/04/2024 at 16:23, Usera said:

Slightly off topic but i believe Huddersfield are in that league too and have just appointed a new player-coach, a guy called Danny Brough!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Any challenge cup attendances?

KR looked decent but I don’t suppose they will be letting anyone know about it.

Catalans was pretty sparse.

• Like 1

Canberra v Gold Coast 11 738

Wests v St. George 17 141

Parramatta v N. Queensland 14 443

NZ Warriors v Manly 23 076

Widnes v Halifax 2 558

Saints v Warrington 11 280

Castleford v Wigan 4097

• Like 1

The Canberra Raiders drew a terrible 11,738 yesterday, being outdone by the 12,448 who attended nearby to watch GWS Giants the day before.

An impressive 17,141 at Campbelltown will further the argument from Shane Richardson to permanently move the Tigers away from Leichardt. 

14,433 at Parramatta is an atrocious figure for a club the size of the Eels. Their fans missed out on a cracker to see the blue and golds pick up the points in a tight one against the Cows.

Warriors continue to be the pride of NZ, with a fantastic 23,076 turning out for an entertaining draw against Manly.

46,224 is a huge crowd by NRL standards but somehow I feel a little surprised that the Brisbane derby didn’t draw 50k.

In the earlier Friday evening KO, the Storm had 16,065 at the game watching them sneak home against an improving Bulldogs. Well under their average of recent years. The dreaded Fri 6pm KO could have some explanation, but for a city like Melbourne, with a great location like AAMI, I don’t expect that to be as big an excuse as in Sydney. Across the city that same evening, the mighty Bombers were at 94% capacity with over 50k there to watch them win at Docklands.

Newcastle did well to pull 21,940 against the tri-colour opponents on a Thursday night. A pretty good figure for a mid week fixture.

That just leaves the still TBA Bunnies v Sharks crowd at Homebush. Having watched the game, I don’t expect there to be any impressive number given when the attendance finally is announced.

Despite three very poor attendances there, the Brisbane derby ensured the weekly average stayed above 21,500 which is still more than the record breaking season average of 2023 IIRC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

The Canberra Raiders drew a terrible 11,738 yesterday, being outdone by the 12,448 who attended nearby to watch GWS Giants the day before.

An impressive 17,141 at Campbelltown will further the argument from Shane Richardson to permanently move the Tigers away from Leichardt. 

14,433 at Parramatta is an atrocious figure for a club the size of the Eels. Their fans missed out on a cracker to see the blue and golds pick up the points in a tight one against the Cows.

Warriors continue to be the pride of NZ, with a fantastic 23,076 turning out for an entertaining draw against Manly.

46,224 is a huge crowd by NRL standards but somehow I feel a little surprised that the Brisbane derby didn’t draw 50k.

In the earlier Friday evening KO, the Storm had 16,065 at the game watching them sneak home against an improving Bulldogs. Well under their average of recent years. The dreaded Fri 6pm KO could have some explanation, but for a city like Melbourne, with a great location like AAMI, I don’t expect that to be as big an excuse as in Sydney. Across the city that same evening, the mighty Bombers were at 94% capacity with over 50k there to watch them win at Docklands.

Newcastle did well to pull 21,940 against the tri-colour opponents on a Thursday night. A pretty good figure for a mid week fixture.

That just leaves the still TBA Bunnies v Sharks crowd at Homebush. Having watched the game, I don’t expect there to be any impressive number given when the attendance finally is announced.

Despite three very poor attendances there, the Brisbane derby ensured the weekly average stayed above 21,500 which is still more than the record breaking season average of 2023 IIRC.

Canberra was a rare sunday evening game. Not sure what explains that kick off time (6.15pm) but rugby league doesnt do sunday evenings…..except the Grand Final…..and that is held on a holiday weekend.

Next weekend will be interesting….broncos v raiders kick off at same time as Lions v Geelong in AFL. Why the AFL do this is a mystery….they announce their schedule several weeks after NRL.