2024 attendance thread

29 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Wakey have the advantage of this in 2024 by basically giving tickets away but keeping the crowds high, much higher than last 2 years of SL. 

They didn't give tickets away if you bought an adult ticket you could get two kids passes. The figures were published months ago if you care to do some research you might be surprised at the number of 'freebies'

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forever Trinity said:

They didn't give tickets away if you bought an adult ticket you could get two kids passes. The figures were published months ago if you care to do some research you might be surprised at the number of 'freebies'

I said basically  - and I consider £100 for an adult and two kids very low and much lower than any FT club I know of. I also believe it to be a well thought out strategy that I trust had been costed, it gets the dormant fan base back through the gate via a snowball effect and ticks a big box on the bingo card

9 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

I said basically  - and I consider £100 for an adult and two kids very low and much lower than any FT club I know of. I also believe it to be a well thought out strategy that I trust had been costed, it gets the dormant fan base back through the gate via a snowball effect and ticks a big box on the bingo card

If its unprofitable, that will be reflected in the accounts - which also are subject to points.

Clubs can invest in whatever they like. Wakey have chosen this year to invest in ticketing as part of a broader plan. I understand Leigh are "investing" in their accounts too. What is the issue?

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

But it isn't £100 per ST.

That's only for the Western Terrace - the worst side of the ground.

North Stand is £200(?) (2000 fans(?) - sold out) and the East Stand is £250 (about 2300 sold).

The South Stand (Benidorm flats), is corporate boxes, players lounge and Member's Bar (limited to about 100, I think).

Edited by dboy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, dboy said:

But it isn't £100 per ST.

That's only for the Western Terrace - the worst side of the ground.

North Stand is £200(?) (2000 fans(?) - sold out) and the East Stand is £250 (about 2300 sold).

The South Stand (Benidorm flats), is corporate boxes, players lounge and Member's Bar (limited to about 100, I think).

Thanks for that could only see the £100. The free kids deal was certainly the way to go ready for 2025 - wherever any of us may be

• Like 1

Hull KR ticket exchange is now live after another sell out for Saints this weekend. Great idea this, more money for the club and a £5 voucher for the member who can’t attend this match.

The more the merrier!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Yeo laments poor crowd for their win over Souths last night.

"They said there was 8,000 there tonight but there was probably half that.”

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-05-02/nrl-live-south-sydney-rabbitohs-penrith-panthers-round-nine/103798212

That stadium is really holding the NRL back. It's a big soulless eye sore.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Welshleaguelover said:

That stadium is really holding the NRL back. It's a big soulless eye sore.

I wouldn’t say it’s holding the NRL back, but it’s certainly a big soulless eye sore.

Sooner Souths get back to SFS the better.

Just checked maps now, it takes 1 - 1.5 hours to get there from Canterbury with public transport.

It’s poorly accessible. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sports Prophet said:

I wouldn’t say it’s holding the NRL back, but it’s certainly a big soulless eye sore.

Just checked maps now, it takes 1 - 1.5 hours to get there from Canterbury with public transport.

It’s poorly accessible. 

They have special trains on for match days that go direct to the stadium so less than that for games. But it is still a pain to get too.

2 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

It’s poorly accessible. 

It's holding the NRL back in the sense that a casual fan flicks on the game, sees all those empty seats without understanding why its empty. Then thinks "it's empty, why bother watching this?"

And you have plant pots like that Shane Richardson wanting to move the Tigers there too. All because they get a few extra quid to play there.

The sooner the NRL separates itself from the ground, outside of the GF and Origin, the better.

If Wakey do go up this year, the remaining Championship clubs will be praying someone other than/as well as London come down.

The Wakey fans really are travelling in numbers and putting money into the other clubs.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

It’s poorly accessible. 

It’s an awful ground to watch sport in. Even a State of Origin game there feels pretty lifeless.

Just like any stadium originally built with an athletics track you’re too far from the action, and it’s all made worse by being an hour out of town and with nightmare queues post match for trains (although I guess there weren’t many for that last match 🤣)

Souths should be playing out of the new SFS.

• Thanks 1