Tony Smith and Stanley Gene have left the building..

17 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Dont know of the guy but same applies to any "investor" in any club. It's what and who he's able to bring to the table that counts, not just the possible financial injection. For example, in the case of Leigh, its the high-profile  "local hero 💪💪💪💪💪💪" that is so appealing to the citizenry.  So in the case of Hull FC, what would the rumoured guy bring?

I'm not bothered about a "character," I just want someone who has a decent amount of wealth and makes sound decisions (business and rugby). If we get things right on the field we have the fan base, catchment area and facilities to be successful without the gimmicks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Aye but those who know him and knows where he lives, would wonder why he would want to swop it to move out there, no disrespect to Hull but it would have to be quite special.

Beverley is lovely. A bit flat mind. 😊

• Like 3

Yep, but Paul does not need the money, and he lives in a very affluent area in Worsley close to the A.J. Bell, no need whatsoever to uproot and go to the far East.

But he knows how close to the wind Salford are currently sailing. 

• Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Yep, but Paul does not need the money, and he lives in a very affluent area in Worsley close to the A.J. Bell, no need whatsoever to uproot and go to the far East.

The far East? Hull FC play in the west aitch!

Aye but those who know him and knows where he lives, would wonder why he would want to swop it to move out there, no disrespect to Hull but it would have to be quite special.

How very dare you!

1 hour ago, MZH said:

Lots of rumours doing the rounds at the minute. Potentially the most significant one is that the club has been sold to Malcolm Walker and will be announced very soon. Malcolm Walker is from Hull and a former Hull FC player. He owns Victoria Plum and is worth upwards of £200m

Not any more he doesn’t, he sold it a few years back for £146 million.

So he’s practically skint…

• Haha 3
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

5 hours ago, Segovia Carpet said:

No don't worry.  Paul lives in one of the nicest houses in Worsley and its a 6 hour round trip if he decided to go.

An offer of a whacking salary might tempt him?

As plenty have alluded to on here, Hull FC have been a “sleeping giant” since nodding off in the mid 80’s.

The potential of the club is enormous if anyone can come in, get the house in order, and get it right.

The club always have the biggest support at MW and still average five figure gates despite being garbage for the last six years or so.

After multiple false dawns, it would be wonderful to have a team that doesn’t ship in embarrassing scores more often than not.

Here’s hoping!

• Like 3
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Not any more he doesn’t, he sold it a few years back for £146 million.

So he’s practically skint…

Is he the same type of millionaire as Koukash was?

39 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Trust me he does not need it, he is 49 and could retire tomorrow, indeed he could have retired years ago if he wanted to.

Don`t think his wife would be interested to go to Hull.  Algarve maybe though.

2 hours ago, MZH said:

I'm not bothered about a "character," I just want someone who has a decent amount of wealth and makes sound decisions (business and rugby). If we get things right on the field we have the fan base, catchment area and facilities to be successful without the gimmicks.

May I explain. I was most definitely NOT suggesting or wishing on Hull FC an owner in the mould of Leigh's owner. I wrote, "It's what and who he's able to bring to the table that counts" So, I AM suggesting that ownership is about more than donating large sums of money.

In terms of a new coach, well, what's Shaun Wane up to these days? Or even Sam Allardyce? 

Fantastic, i expect to see Hull's superstar players rip the league up now the man who has been hindering them is now gone.

Maybe some of them who have been poor for a few years(under different coaches) will finally get a coach to make them come good, after all that's been Hull's problem hasn't it? just the bad coaches?.

Hope Tony stays within the game, i've met and spoke to him many times over the years and he is a brilliant bloke and an asset to our sport.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

As plenty have alluded to on here, Hull FC have been a “sleeping giant” since nodding off in the mid 80’s.

The potential of the club is enormous if anyone can come in, get the house in order, and get it right.

The club always have the biggest support at MW and still average five figure gates despite being garbage for the last six years or so.

After multiple false dawns, it would be wonderful to have a team that doesn’t ship in embarrassing scores more often than not.

Here’s hoping!

I think the wonderful loyalty to your club, which you epitomise, OF, is one of the great features of European rugby league.  Good for you (et al)!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Here’s hoping!

Think you've been more comatose than sleeping these last few years mate. Hope they sort it out if only for your sake.

• Thanks 2

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.