Ryan Hall

Rumoured to be leaving HKR at the end of the season and signing for Leeds Rhinos.

Looks like he'll be taking a similar role to the one Kevin Sinfield was doing . Maybe if it works out take over from GH when he eventually decides to step down 

• Like 1

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

A credit to the whole sport and good to see that he won't be lost to it. In my view, far too many are lost owing to limited opportunities. Marks out one difference between union and League....there seems to be more opportunities open to ex union players in union than to ex league players in league. 

"As I come towards the end of my career, I’ve got to think about my next career steps and what’s best for me and my family".

• Like 5

As usual Rhinos fans in meltdown over this, if its a one year playing deal with a transition into a backroom job then it’s a good bit of business. We have dome good young outside backs coming through who just aren’t quite ready yet, Hall will be a good mentor.

Everyone seems to be saying just play the kids, whilst ignoring the fact that we currently have a young player playing on the wing who gets all manner of stick every game.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, JohnM said:

A credit to the whole sport and good to see that he won't be lost to it. In my view, far too many are lost owing to limited opportunities. Marks out one difference between union and League....there seems to be more opportunities open to ex union players in union than to ex league players in league. 

"As I come towards the end of my career, I’ve got to think about my next career steps and what’s best for me and my family".

I think there are more opportunities open to ex league players in union than to ex league players in league. 

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

I think there are more opportunities open to ex league players in union than to ex league players in league. 

Exactly.  Andy Farrell, Joe Lyndon, Shaun Edwards.....🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

As usual Rhinos fans in meltdown over this, if its a one year playing deal with a transition into a backroom job then it’s a good bit of business. We have dome good young outside backs coming through who just aren’t quite ready yet, Hall will be a good mentor.

Everyone seems to be saying just play the kids, whilst ignoring the fact that we currently have a young player playing on the wing who gets all manner of stick every game.

Maybe so, but that beggars the question, why let him go in the first place?

One of the best players in the SL era. It's a real shame things didn't work out in the NRL as he was a world class player. He's shown he can still do a job and no doubt will be a good addition to the back room staff at Leeds so a good move.

Edited by OriginalMrC
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Maybe so, but that beggars the question, why let him go in the first place

GH wouldn't offer him length of deal he wanted after he returned from NRL which he wanted to do 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

3 hours ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Looks like he'll be taking a similar role to the one Kevin Sinfield was doing . Maybe if it works out take over from GH when he eventually decides to step down 

He's a very intelligent person, and in my opinion would make a very good CEO.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Maybe so, but that beggars the question, why let him go in the first place?

You'll always pay over the odds for a player coming back to the UK from the NRL and Leeds very rarely if ever sign them. That's always been the right decision a far as I'm concerned.

2 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

As usual Rhinos fans in meltdown over this,

We've seen over many years that a lot of, if not most, Leeds fans struggle with pretty simple concepts - never mind more complex things like strategic thinking and salary cap management. If they're having a meltdown it's probably a good sign.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Joining the backroom can totally agree with.

What part of any on field plan this is I have no idea...

Help bring the younger kids through for a year.

He may be 37 but he’s still a very good winger.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JohnM said:

Isn’t that more to do with the fact union teams have a coach for everything (apart from passing and catching that is).

Edited by Mark S
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Help bring the younger kids through for a year.

He may be 37 but he’s still a very good winger.

Does he need to be part of the squad to do that? I'm not totally against the move or anything, and it will be an upgrade on the likes of Olpherts.

I'm not surprised fans aren't particularly thrilled with it either though.

Absolute legend and a true professional, always well spoken and extremely positive in everything he says,  his on field attributes speak for themselves.

Will miss the way carrys out of his own half more effectively than any of our props, its been a pleasure to see him in red and white these last few years.

As for Rovers we are apparently replacing Hall with Davis which is a great bit of business and certainly improves our speed.

Been a Rovers fan it seems strange a truly world class player coming to the end of his career is leaving us for a last payday rather than the other way around, maybe a sign of how far we have come as a club (and maybe where Leeds are now as a club).

Edited by up the robins
  • Like 6