Paul Rowley offered contract to be new head coach at Hull FC...

3 hours ago, Damien said:

I certainly always consider Hull FC to be a big club and a sleeping giant.

The way it feels as a Hull FC fan at the moment, I reckon we need a handsome Prince as our next coach.

• Haha 1
                                                                  :kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

The way it feels as a Hull FC fan at the moment, I reckon we need a handsome Prince as our next coach.

I'll leave the frog kissing to you, mate, if it's all the same.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

If Lam goes, someone mentioned might be off to Leigh at the end of the season ! 

Quite plausible sadly so as I mentioned earlier give PR a 7 Yr contract to sign so we can benefit.

Well I have a different slant since my last post and Harry is spot on.  Apparently the unmentioned has been given a contract extension of a further 2 years to end of 2027 last week.  Very pleased with that I must say.

• Like 1

On 02/05/2024 at 09:24, Segovia Carpet said:

Salford should just offer him a 7 year contact and a big rise.  Most important man in the club.

Just like Watson was before him.

there is someone that the club could do with keeping hold off 

12 hours ago, Damien said:

I'm guessing it was Hull FC after Briers:

Couldn't and wouldn't blame Briers at all for rejecting the offer, just a guess but I would say that Brisbane Broncos are one of if not the most professionally run Rugby League club on the planet with all the infrastructure and personnel in every aspect of running a pro club available, I have nothing against Hull but I should imagine the comparisons are like Chalk and Cheese.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Couldn't and wouldn't blame Briers at all for rejecting the offer, just a guess but I would say that Brisbane Broncos are one of if not the most professionally run Rugby League club on the planet with all the infrastructure and personnel in every aspect of running a pro club available, I have nothing against Hull but I should imagine the comparisons are like Chalk and Cheese.

Going back to what I said previous, this is why a rebuild will take a few years. Everyone knows the state they are in so they will end up having to pay over the odds for whoever is their next coach along with players like they have done for Asiata. Spending so much of their cap on an aging prop is madness but they really are in a sticky situation.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Going back to what I said previous, this is why a rebuild will take a few years. Everyone knows the state they are in so they will end up having to pay over the odds for whoever is their next coach along with players like they have done for Asiata. Spending so much of their cap on an aging prop is madness but they really are in a sticky situation.

Agreed but Who's the aging prop?

23 hours ago, MZH said:

Briers was the one I wanted tbh (at least out of all the names that seemed plausible).

I've been trying to pinpoint which match Hull watch to pick out potential coaches - is it this one?

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/super-league-xvii-2012/qualifying-semi/st-helens-vs-warrington/summary.html

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

16 hours ago, Just Browny said:

I've been trying to pinpoint which match Hull watch to pick out potential coaches - is it this one?

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/super-league-xvii-2012/qualifying-semi/st-helens-vs-warrington/summary.html

Hodgson, Smith, Grix, Myler on that list. Briers too. Just need Paul Rowley and you'd have a full house!

• Like 1
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Hodgson, Smith, Grix, Myler on that list. Briers too. Just need Paul Rowley and you'd have a full house!

I'm worried we'll eventually get to LMS.

• Haha 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Or worse. Jon Wilkin.

🤯