RMT Not Happy with Hull KR

Just now, Damien said:

Surely Hull KR realised how poisonous this partnership would be? Its a heck of an own goal.

Especially with P & O on their doorstep and some of their fans will have been directly and indirectly affected by P & O’s previous actions.

• Like 1

I’m surprised KR weren’t more mindful of this. I’ve generally been very impressed with Hudgell, and even more so when I learned that he’d represented some of the postal workers that were screwed over in the Horizon scandal. Thought they’d have steered clear of this.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Especially with P & O on their doorstep and some of their fans will have been directly and indirectly affected by P & O’s previous actions.

That's what I meant really. For other clubs it wouldn't be anywhere near the same issue but for either of the Hull clubs its madness for obvious reasons.

• Like 4

I know beggars can't be choosers but..

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

This might end up on the politics forum but I'm with the RMT.

After what those bastards P&O Ferries did, nobody in Hull should be going anywhere near them as business partners.  

• Like 7

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Good luck to them, not many companies that size sponsoring RL clubs and at least they're putting money back into the local community. No point cutting your nose off to spite your face.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

Good luck to them, not many companies that size sponsoring RL clubs and at least they're putting money back into the local community. No point cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Given their actions and the likely number of former employees in the Hull area, they've already taken a lot more money out of the community than they'll be putting back in.

• Like 6

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, phiggins said:

I’m surprised KR weren’t more mindful of this. I’ve generally been very impressed with Hudgell, and even more so when I learned that he’d represented some of the postal workers that were screwed over in the Horizon scandal. Thought they’d have steered clear of this.

Hudgell has gone up in my estimation in the last few years too but I'm astonished Rovers have got into bed with a company who ruined people's livelihoods in their own community, openly admitted breaking the law and have faced no consequences as a result.

• Like 3

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

17 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Peak Rugby League to be moaning about getting significant sponsorship from a major brand.

It really isn't. Its about ethics and these conversations happen in all sports.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Peak Rugby League to be moaning about getting significant sponsorship from a major brand.

It seems a bit on the nose tbh. I can see why it wouldn't sit happy with many...

57 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Ethics is just a county in the southeast to you?

• Haha 5

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Given their actions and the likely number of former employees in the Hull area, they've already taken a lot more money out of the community than they'll be putting back in.

Im sure noone in Hull ever uses their ferries 

2 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

Im sure noone in Hull ever uses their ferries 

It's tricky, there are no direct alternatives so what do you do? I'm sure there are people in Hull who refuse to use them and others who have no choice.

Hull KR on the other hand had the option to say no.

• Like 3

A reminder of this advert P&O's security company placed just before the sackings indicating how they planned to approach the job.

file.php?id=1967

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Not really.  In all things in life, you can choose who you associate or partner with and that choice reflects on you.

Like others on here I am sure, I have had to downsize a workforce under unfavourable economic conditions, but it is probably the time when your integrity and behaviour as a leader comes through the most... anyone can enjoy growth and good times but handling bad news is far more challenging. 

P&O did (at least) two things badly.

They let long term staff go without a full and proper consultation - and admitted that they did this because the terms of the consultation would have been unreasonable. 

Secondly, they then immediately replaced these staff with cheaper agency workers.

Both of the above are illegal and I wouldn't partner with a business that acted like that.

Edited by Dunbar
  • Like 12

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

"Therefore, Hull KR having decided at this time it is inappropriate to continue with this partnership"

https://hullkr.co.uk/news/club-statement-p-and-o-ferries

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Deal off 

Down here in Kent the brand is toxic recently travelled back from Calais with them for a change everyone on board from India and Philippines (Apart from Captain/Officers)

Correct decision by Hull KR 

Remember when they sponsored Hull FC as i did the deal was a great brand at the time.

Dubai vulture fund now bought back from receivers wiping out contracts and debts. What a tart of a country we have become 😞 some here in Kent over 40 years service awful.

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Like 2