The Brick Community Stadium

The Brick is a commendable charity, but I am not sure how this fits.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

More seriously very good work by all concerned in my view. Highlights a very hardworking local poverty charity whilst also showing that the Wigan clubs (i.e their New Statesman owner) is not chasing the money to stick any name over the door.

Saw him on his own at Wigan NW in the pouring rain a few weeks ago. It stuck me how at odds it was with Dave Whelan and his helicopter to get to the JJB building from Parbold!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

Fantastic charity, Wigan not chasing the easier, unethical money here and that is to be applauded.

But, but, but.... I can't resist.... the stadium announcer at the next match:

"Welcome to the Brick Sh**house!"

(Sorry, mods 😓 Please take into account my clean record.)

• Like 1

• Like 4

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

Fantastic charity, Wigan not chasing the easier, unethical money here and that is to be applauded.

But, but, but.... I can't resist.... the stadium announcer at the next match:

"Welcome to the Brick Sh**house!"

(Sorry, mods 😓 Please take into account my clean record.)

There is a stadium a few miles away named The Toughsheet Stadium.

• Haha 2

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

3 hours ago, sam4731 said:

This definitely cements their place as the best stadium in the country. Hopefully there's mortar come.

Of course, it's pointing towards something good. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

6 hours ago, The 4 of Us said:

More seriously very good work by all concerned in my view. Highlights a very hardworking local poverty charity whilst also showing that the Wigan clubs (i.e their New Statesman owner) is not chasing the money to stick any name over the door.

Saw him on his own at Wigan NW in the pouring rain a few weeks ago. It stuck me how at odds it was with Dave Whelan and his helicopter to get to the JJB building from Parbold!  

His son Paul is a laff.......that is if he is still about.

15 hours ago, The 4 of Us said:

This weeks Private Eye has had a go at him over his links to the Russian War machine  - ' Danson with the Tsars '. Scurrilous rag........

They do suggest this is only a short term thing until they can find a commercial sponsor to pay them money. I wonder how much the DW deal was worth.

• Like 1

On 09/05/2024 at 09:53, del capo said:

This weeks Private Eye has had a go at him over his links to the Russian War machine  - ' Danson with the Tsars '. Scurrilous rag........

Private Eye! The world trembles in fear! 😀😀