How will Wigan go this season?

JohnM

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, JohnM said:

How will Wigan go this season? Had we a decent place kicker last season, i reckon we'd have posed more of a threat. Given that is supposed to be sorted by having a kicking coach, then a good seadon beckons. 

A kicking coach is one thing; let's hope there are also players whose kicking is worth coaching. And who don't then spend most of the season injured (Escaré, for instance).

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Jim Prendle said:

Not a chance, but I don’t think they wil be anywhere near as bad as some are predicting.

Yes, they’ve been written off already in some quarters which they could use to their advantage in terms of motivation.

I think from 3rd to 7th in Super League will be tight.

Seems to me in the modern era it is all about building momentum in those final few weeks.

1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Yes, they’ve been written off already in some quarters which they could use to their advantage in terms of motivation.

If anyone's mentality can feed off that, it is Shaun Wane's.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Given I'm a great admirer of the Wigan club I hope they go well but I've got a feeling that won't be the case.

I have no doubt that Wigan will be one of the top teams in SL this season, despite the doom & gloom they still have a really strong squad and I expect players such as Joel Tomkins and Dan Sarginson to have big years.

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

8 hours ago, chuffer said:

10mins earlier than the opposition fans?

:D

8 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

mmmm.... 

7 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

And there will still be more of them in the stadium at the end than most clubs have at the start,

One and a half bites...not good enough chuffs.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

If Wigan are 6-8th at the spilt, I wouldn’t back against Wane getting them to 4th by the end of the 8s, then to the grand final.   Not a huge chance of that, but a good chance nonetheless.

They won’t look like champions at any point prior to the semi finals though,

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

They will be fine, I imagine.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived