Uninteresting Trivial Facts

I've just bought 9 books from amazon; 4 on one particular area of interest for me, 5 on a completely different topic I enjoy. Prizes for guessing either subject matter...

Given the general tenor of any given TRL book thread, a safe guess would be World War II.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I've just bought 9 books from amazon; 4 on one particular area of interest for me, 5 on a completely different topic I enjoy. Prizes for guessing either subject matter...

Based solely on the last post of yours that I read, is it baking and very bad puns?

Forty years ago, I was working as a temporary lab technician in a biochemical research laboratory. I was given the job of crushing up and dissolving about two hundred lenses that had gone opaque and been removed from human eyeballs in cataract surgery.

To tell the truth, at the time, I didn't find it at all macabre and quite enjoyed doing it.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Post #10,000

Congratulations to Kris & Michelle Kirkbride - going to be Mummy and Daddy :)

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd pop in and say hiya all.

And hiya to big George - hope all is well.

Got up this morning for market at 0430 to the sounds of deer going grunt in the field behind my house.

On the way to market narrowly missed squishing Mr Fox and then Mr Brock the Badger, followed by a narrow escape for a young doe.

Tonight on the way back from work it was midge time. I have never seen a display like it (must be the combination of big rain over the past few days followed by a hot day today), but there were massive clouds of the burgers hanging over the roads and fields. It was like driving through an asteroid storm.

Tampon the cat, I am sure you are all happy to hear, is currently contentedly snoozing on the sofa.